Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The black bar ad thing seems to have vanished for me now. Not experienced it at all today.
    It has just started happening again for me It vanished for a few days and now its back!
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, not had anything for a few days and it's just started doing it again today with the very first thread I opened (and with this page too).
    doing it a lot for me today
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    getting german ads (im not from germany) which slows down the site a lot, takes even longer to load now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    getting german ads (im not from germany) which slows down the site a lot, takes even longer to load now
    Same here.

These ads should only be loading after the page has loaded and is ready to use. Are they actually delaying the rest of the page from loading?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    These ads should only be loading after the page has loaded and is ready to use. Are they actually delaying the rest of the page from loading?
    browsing back and forth between different threads take maybe 5x longer because this ad is loading, dont know how to describe it better

browsing back and forth between different threads take maybe 5x longer because this ad is loading, dont know how to describe it better
    So if you load a thread, are you hitting back and it just isn't going back? Or are you clicking on another link to go to another page? Switching between multiple MMOC tabs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    So if you load a thread, are you hitting back and it just isn't going back? Or are you clicking on another link to go to another page? Switching between multiple MMOC tabs?
    It's going back but it definitely takes much longer than it did before, same goes when I click any link to a page where the ad is

15+ Year Old Account
    The main page has a Liberty Mutual ad set to autoplay. Its incredibly annoying. I'm browsing on Safari, using an iphone 6 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The horrible floating legion ad is back. Can you nuke this bullshit?
    Probably not without any details.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Sometimes I get this black ... "ad"?

https://pl.vc/mfno4

The black bars are back, every time I reload a page the board width resizes after about 2 seconds.
    Ca you get rid of these types of ads? A few static banners are fine, but this is just making me block everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    The black bars are back, every time I reload a page the board width resizes after about 2 seconds.
    Ca you get rid of these types of ads? A few static banners are fine, but this is just making me block everything.
    Don't know if this will be of any help to the administrators, but this is the href link

href="https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click%253Fxai%253DAKAOjsuIKzvjTP-dY76mcw9FbR3aFvDczGEAes0jtCs5cF5cZLWkFGiApGQY6pGUsF95172kNB07hTGYeaWM7TEcxVC8rvMpJ92FkxMUQ qrB8YRjbvOBgPVjLnXlSQeTfBh6VyE8QIMZFxLcd6E-uR5R5T0b_f7kefhMWWYLXbvldZA1YaSCoivwCmRvoIVqPyEQZLpbU4_HTyR5wGRWFu3zW0lTc77Q2o5I-O_2hM9wFGSFDK4xW2DU25wG87g6SA%2526sig%253DCg0ArKJSzCidKkMKghsPEAE%2526urlfix%253D1%2526adu rl%253Dhttps://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/2399-228052-26738-51?mpt=16515496"

Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about the black bars. That is just your adblocker not completely blocking an ad.

Don't know the target of the ads as I didn't see any form of popup or ad on the site, but all the sudden I had a song, and then later a Total Furniture ad playing at a rather horrifyingly loud level. Afraid I don't have any other info beyond that unless something pops up again.

Edit: And as of writing this thing, an anti-smoking ad played, still no banner, video, or otherwise, just very loud sound.

Ads are still popping up even with ad block. There's a reason most of us use adblock, btw, and MMO-Champion is one of them. SO MANY instances of ads trying to run simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Ads are still popping up even with ad block. There's a reason most of us use adblock, btw, and MMO-Champion is one of them. SO MANY instances of ads trying to run simultaneously.
    I'm all for them needing ad-revenue for money's sake, but I've been having to dodge WoWhead for the shoddy ads they run, I don't wanna have to do it for MMO-C too.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Getting unblockable ads again that every time I manually block them, the page reloads itself and the ad returns. It is taking about 45 seconds to 1 min just for a page to load now with the ads, so multiply that by how many times you try to block an ad. It is getting ridiculous, and I am honestly getting to the point where posting on this website just isn't worth the hassle of dealing with the ads. Funny, because that's the same reason I stopped watching TV like 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Getting unblockable ads again that every time I manually block them, the page reloads itself and the ad returns. It is taking about 45 seconds to 1 min just for a page to load now with the ads, so multiply that by how many times you try to block an ad. It is getting ridiculous, and I am honestly getting to the point where posting on this website just isn't worth the hassle of dealing with the ads. Funny, because that's the same reason I stopped watching TV like 20 years ago.
    Which adblock program / addon are you using in what browser?

I'm personally on Opera using uBlock Origins with zero adds popping up on here, or Wowhead. My iPhone is using Safari with a addon called Clearly, and having zero ads on it, too.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    I was using Adblock plus and started to get ads on MMOC even with it enabled. Started to take forever for pages to load. Downloaded uBlock Origin and it's blocking them again. Site is once again usable!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Which adblock program / addon are you using in what browser?

I'm personally on Opera using uBlock Origins with zero adds popping up on here, or Wowhead. My iPhone is using Safari with a addon called Clearly, and having zero ads on it, too.
    Chrome with AdBlock and Adblock Plus currently. Really going to start looking into better browser, because I am kind of getting sick of Chrome's BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I was using Adblock plus and started to get ads on MMOC even with it enabled. Started to take forever for pages to load. Downloaded uBlock Origin and it's blocking them again. Site is once again usable!
    Cool, I will try that