Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Opposite actually. I'm a perpetual optimist and humanist. That's why I don't make excuses for people doing evil shit.
    Just don't anticipate hearing word of an acceptable human being in your lifetime?

In fairness, my comment should have quoted your example.

I'm pretty sure it would be better for mankind if we could offer up a little boy behind a closed door in exchange for a "cure for cancer", hell I'm sure you could find volunteers :P
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-11-28 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just don't anticipate hearing word of an acceptable human being in your lifetime?
    I think plenty of people go through their lives without intentionally doing evil shit. I would argue the majority do actually. As Frank Herbert put it though, “Absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, absolute power attracts the corruptible.” Hence men like Castro being a driving force in global politics.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Yes it is like talking to a brick wall. Because you fail to grasp a simple truth. You think all he did was bad. Your example is that of pushing a kid out of the way and them chopping up a different kid.

What in reality is an adequate example is saving hundreds of kids from apartheid, torture, abuse and massacres and in turn killed a few dozen and tortured a few dozen others.

And again the brick wall that you are, I have quite openly stated that you are welcome to believe what you wish. You consider his actions in South Africa supporting Mandela, the fight in Namibia and Angola insignificant vs what he did in Cuba.

You are welcome to believe that. African, Asians and millions of people world wide consider Castro a hero for his actions in support the freedom of innocent people.

- - - Updated - - -

Says you. That is because you are indoctrinated. After all that is why you would consider the ANC and Mandela Marxist or Communist. Cuba under Castro has run thousands of humanitarian operations. An example is the Pakistan Earthquake of 2005. Cuba did more than the US did for Pakistan and Pakistan at that time was the US's number 1 ally in the region.
    So, read about the cuban campaign in Angola and Ethiopia.
    So, Cuba spent decades struggling to feed it's own people, and still donated huge amounts for another countries in humanitarian operations ? Of course this is pure and simple progaganda.

Now, talking about charity, humanisn and helping others, i think the rankings i am linking below is much better than some isolated events mostly used for propaganda.
    http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/ODA-20...ed-summary.pdf
    https://www.cafonline.org/docs/defau...6.pdf?sfvrsn=4
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2016-11-28 at 03:30 PM.

Great News!! Now Cuba can have better relationship with our new and awesome President.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The greatest tragedy of 2016 is the Fidel Castro has died. That man deserved to suffer a hell of a lot more for the things he did before knowing the peace of death.
    No, the greatest tragedy of 2016 is that Harambe died for no good reason.

You do realize you can say that for every world leader save for Mandela? I mean look at Reagan. He funded and created the Taliban.
    Uh, wasn't Mandela in favor of terrorist attacks and bombings against whites?

Editing in: Yeah he was literally in charge of a terrorist organisation, and Amnesty International refused to take his case because they don't represent people that are extremely violent.

Edit #2: He later said Amnesty International was in the right to not defend him because he refused to denounce violence.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-11-28 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, the greatest tragedy of 2016 is that Harambe died for no good reason.
    My bad, I almost forgot. My dick has been out for so long it seems almost natural, I didn't think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

Editing in: Yeah he was literally in charge of a terrorist organisation, and Amnesty International refused to take his case because they don't represent people that are extremely violent.

Edit #2: He later said Amnesty International was in the right to not defend him because he refused to denounce violence.
    LMAO! See this brainwashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Stop telling me what I think and believe and listen to what I'm fucking saying.

I do not consider Castro's actions in South Africa supporting Mandela, the fight in Namibia and Angola insignificant vs what he did in Cuba. They do NOT excuse what he did in Cuba though.

People are capable of doing good and bad things. A hero is not someone that knowing does bad things though, period.

Let me use a more simple analogy, so maybe you will understand my moral philosophy. If someone were to cure cancer, donate $10 trillion to charity, rescue people from burning buildings and create a lasting world peace, if that person then decides to rape a little boy behind closed doors, that person is a piece of shit in my eyes. I acknowledge the good they did with saving millions of lives and creating world peace, but they are still a horrible human being.

It is not a matter of scale, of significance vs insignificance. Do you understand now, or are you going to obtusely copy/paste the same trash to me?
    So you finally get what I am saying. I completely understand your point that one evil action makes you a horrible person regardless of how much good you do. I disagree with that black and white moral philosophy.

I already stated you are welcome to your idea that the actions supporting Mandela are not as significant as his actions in Cuba. You feel and have illustrated his evil actions out weigh his good actions. Your example illustrates that openly. Millions in Asia and Africa think otherwise when it comes to Castro.

Americans are brain washed to hate Castro. In the rest of the world he is seen as flawed leader who did a lot of good and saved millions of people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    So, read about the cuban campaign in Angola and Ethiopia.
    So, Cuba spent decades struggling to feed it's own people, and still donated huge amounts for another countries in humanitarian operations ? Of course this is pure and simple progaganda.

Now, talking about charity, humanisn and helping others, i think the rankings i am linking below is much better than some isolated events mostly used for propaganda.
    http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/ODA-20...ed-summary.pdf
    https://www.cafonline.org/docs/defau...6.pdf?sfvrsn=4
    Hey the US does that on a regular basis. People are homeless, broke, without jobs and the US gave Pakistan 10 billion dollars during the same period.

The rankings make no difference to me, because in 2005, Cuban doctors spent day and night saving lives of my countrymen and women. The Americans? Nothing of significance at all.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

LMAO! See this brainwashing.
    Uh, alright. I mean it's straight out of Mandela's mouth.

So you finally get what I am saying. I completely understand your point that one evil action makes you a horrible person regardless of how much good you do. I disagree with that black and white moral philosophy.

I already stated you are welcome to your idea that the actions supporting Mandela are not as significant as his actions in Cuba. You feel and have illustrated his evil actions out weigh his good actions. Your example illustrates that openly. Millions in Asia and Africa think otherwise when it comes to Castro.

Americans are brain washed to hate Castro. In the rest of the world he is seen as flawed leader who did a lot of good and saved millions of people.
    I've understood what you're saying from the start. You however seem incapable of understanding my point of view.

It is not a question of weighting the significance of actions. I am NOT saying that Castro's actions in Cuba have outweighed his actions in other places. I do not think in those terms at all.

My moral beliefs can be broken down rather simplistically. I believe that everyone in the world has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as well as the right to not be regressed upon. All of that can be broken down further though. In its most simplified form, my belief is that a good person is someone that respects human life above all else. Castro has demonstrated through his actions, that he values some things more than human life, such as his ideology and his political/military power. Under such a belief, good and bad actions are totally separate. They do not mitigate each other, as that idea is irrelevant to what the individual values.

My beliefs do not fit your narrative of the brainwashed American though, so I'm sure you're just going to skim this and copy/paste your garbage about it being fine that I think the good does not outweigh the bad. Would it vaporize your brain to learn that I also consider George Bush to be an abhorrent human being?

Deleted
    Many people here try to label him as "good" or "bad". Seriously. He was dictator, Cuba is poor country, so he kinda failed. But remeber about embargo and remeber about situation of his country before his revolution. It was shithole.

I love how leftists on this board are trying to justify the actions of this mass murderer by pointing out how he "helped the poor". Castro helped those who didn't oppose him, and murdered or imprisoned everyone else. And this "help" took the familiar form as of all statist versions of "help" - to keep people as one would pets, to destroy human dignity in the name of faux "social justice" at the end of a gun barrel.

It is not the just role of government to care for people under threat of violence, but to step out of the way so that people are free to succeed by their own devices - or not. I would rather die than be cared for by the state, and any man who thinks otherwise is a cuck and a slave.

Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    Many people here try to label him as "good" or "bad". Seriously. He was dictator, Cuba is poor country, so he kinda failed. But remeber about embargo and remeber about situation of his country before his revolution. It was shithole.
    Cuba turned into a poor country after US sanctions which the US did because Castro pissed of a certain company....

The sanctions worked in a sense that it made Cuba poor, they failed in the objective of removing the Castro government from power..

Obama acknowledge this and that's why he changed US policy that towards Cuba because crippling their economy was counterproductive.

meh, I was one of those people who reacted to his death with "huh? he was still alive?" overall a dumpster fire when it came to civil rights but of course his legacy in Cuba is slightly more nuanced then that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just learned that mayor of Miami was born on Cuba. Not surprised to see him celebrating together with American Cubans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post

Mandela, like Arafat, Theresa and many others, was misunderstood by the world. While his rhetoric was positive and anti-racist at the first glance, in reality it had more to do with "reverse racism". And, indeed, as foreseen by realists at the time, after his victory SAR quickly went downhill.

There is more to fight against racism than destroying apartheid. It also is important to do so in a way that doesn't destabilize the society exponentially.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-11-30 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg13 View Post
    I love how leftists on this board are trying to justify the actions of this mass murderer by pointing out how he "helped the poor". Castro helped those who didn't oppose him, and murdered or imprisoned everyone else. And this "help" took the familiar form as of all statist versions of "help" - to keep people as one would pets, to destroy human dignity in the name of faux "social justice" at the end of a gun barrel.

It is not the just role of government to care for people under threat of violence, but to step out of the way so that people are free to succeed by their own devices - or not. I would rather die than be cared for by the state, and any man who thinks otherwise is a cuck and a slave.
    If your kids are dying of a horrible painful disease you will be very happy for them to be cared by the state and those words will come back to haunt you. That's why Castro survived for so long. Cuba cares for its people insofar as it can with its limited resources. Your country does not.

Cuba's human rights abuses were rightly condemned by almost everyone: but I really think Americans should shut the fuck up about it considering their own extensive foreign torture and execution programs, the two things aren't comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    If your kids are dying of a horrible painful disease you will be very happy for them to be cared by the state and those words will come back to haunt you. That's why Castro survived for so long. Cuba cares for its people insofar as it can with its limited resources. Your country does not.

Cuba's human rights abuses were rightly condemned by almost everyone: but I really think Americans should shut the fuck up about it considering their own extensive foreign torture and execution programs, the two things aren't comparable.
    as long as they weren't gay... Gay Cubans were rounded up and sent to work slave labor because Homosexuality was seen as a Decadent anticommunism practice.

Evil is evil no matter who is next to you.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    as long as they weren't gay... Gay Cubans were rounded up and sent to work slave labor because Homosexuality was seen as a Decadent anticommunism practice.

Evil is evil no matter who is next to you.
    Maybe take the log out of your own eye before pointing out the twig in others.

It was very recently in american history that anti-gay laws were repealed and it ceased to be commonplace for homosexuals to be beaten to death for just being that. Not to mention all those dictatorships your country subsidizes which actively repress homosexuals, simply because they sign generous trade deals with Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Maybe take the log out of your own eye before pointing out the twig in others.

It was very recently in american history that anti-gay laws were repealed and it ceased to be commonplace for homosexuals to be beaten to death for just being that. Not to mention all those dictatorships your country subsidizes which actively repress homosexuals, simply because they sign generous trade deals with Washington.
    Anti gay as in not recognizing marriage whereas the Slave camps were started in 1965, and again doesnt justify Castro's actions he was a monster.
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Anti gay as in not recognizing marriage whereas the Slave camps were started in 1965, and again doesnt justify Castro's actions he was a monster.
    Sodomy law was repeated by the Supreme Court in 2003.