Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    When was the last time we had a Vegan suicide bomber?
    THE KRIPPERINO!!

--- Insert Kripp copypasta ---

POLICE REPORT - Canadian Mounties have at last apprehended the "Romanian Salt Baron" after suspiciously salty whining was heard outside of a dingy apartment in Toronto. The Salt Baron, a morose, balding gypsy man, was at the time playing a children's card game when Mounties burst through the door. The man attempted to resist by "brofisting" the officials, but his scrawny vegan arms had no effect. The man's wife then assumed her true Succubus form and escaped into the Nether. More at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Except this 'protest' had absolutely nothing to do with religion. But go ahead and keep grasping...
    You go ahead and keep grasping at excuses. I even offered you an oppertunity to find an act of terrorism purely motivated by religion and you came up with nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The comparison comes from their treatment by others, not their similarities as cultures. I'm merely suggesting that the last group of people to be globally "mistrusted" (as you put it) were the Jewish populations in Europe. The "reasons" for the mistrust or antagonism towards the groups are almost, but not quite, irrelevant.

But again, there is a hint of reality, found in the Muslim culture of proselytizing that doesn't exist (now or in the past) in the Jewish one.

I want to say that I think we are mostly in agreement here - from your past posts at least - so I might be misunderstanding what you're saying above. If I'm not understanding, please help me out a bit. I really liked your initial post I cited.
    I agree entirely; It was me that expanded on what you said, and sort of concluded on my own expansion - which is my bad. When people from your community commit terrible acts over a longer period of time I think it is important to show to others that you can be self critical and hopefully be able to build reforms over these issues, now I know this is something that is happening on a smaller scale (that is possibly not covered as much as it maybe should be in the media). But (and I know this is entirely subjective) is this not a too small a portion of the community to not be worried? Backed up by numbers supporting the introduction of barbaric religious laws from over 2000 years ago ( http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/t...iety-overview/ ) I find myself worried. I've seen plenty of marches on the news about palestine being opressed but none about muslims being upset their faith is being used in such a way by extremists.

When a community has threatening elements which are not (atleast publicly) condemned (mostly by lack of omission) it seems like a natural escalation that people grow suspicious of such a community. I think the community lacks the critical reflective views that are needed to stop this downward circle; and them claiming this victim role is a direct result of this. If someone punches you in the face, then gets punched back and falls to the ground crying you wouldn't percieve them as a victim either. This disparity in perceptives is what's at root to a lot of todays issues.. according to little ole me that is. At this moment in time self reform, atleast the possibility for it, is a must for the muslim community, but without percieving (or without the possibility to acknowledge) the problems themselves there will not be a cause for this.

The way things are now muslim culture will remain immutable, and there will consistently come a time when their neighbouring communities get fed up with that attitude, which causes the many clashes around the globe.

Having written that I do think that, especially due to the subjective nature of 'when are they resistant enough to these elements they don't at all identify with' that some caution is warranted, on both sides of this devillish coin. Too little scrutiny and the neccisary reforms may not happen for a long time, too much scrutiny and you bolster the fringe elements that are causing the terrible events in recent times; definetly a balancing act that fuels plenty a debate.

Just to clarify, I think it is factually correct that the people that last faced the same level of scrutiny is indeed probably the jewish community.

-oh before I forget proselytize is my word of the day, TIL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This x100.

It's comical the amount of the younger generation in the UK these days that picture Islamic fundamentalist when they hear the word terrorism, despite almost every terrorist act here in the last half century being down to Christian terrorists.
    Whilst the IRA were predominantly Catholic, they didn't fight for Catholicism, they fought for a united Ireland. Which in itself is kind of odd, as Ireland was united a century ago.

OT: Hindus and Muslims don't get on well?! Pakistan exists for that pretty much that reason.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    I agree entirely; It was me that expanded on what you said, and sort of concluded on my own expansion - which is my bad. When people from your community commit terrible acts over a longer period of time I think it is important to show to others that you can be self critical and hopefully be able to build reforms over these issues, now I know this is something that is happening on a smaller scale (that is possibly not covered as much as it maybe should be in the media). But (and I know this is entirely subjective) is this not a too small a portion of the community to not be worried? Backed up by numbers supporting the introduction of barbaric religious laws from over 2000 years ago ( http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/t...iety-overview/ ) I find myself worried. I've seen plenty of marches on the news about palestine being opressed but none about muslims being upset their faith is being used in such a way by extremists.

When a community has threatening elements which are not (atleast publicly) condemned (mostly by lack of omission) it seems like a natural escalation that people grow suspicious of such a community. I think the community lacks the critical reflective views that are needed to stop this downward circle; and them claiming this victim role is a direct result of this. If someone punches you in the face, then gets punched back and falls to the ground crying you wouldn't percieve them as a victim either. This disparity in perceptives is what's at root to a lot of todays issues.. according to little ole me that is. At this moment in time self reform, atleast the possibility for it, is a must for the muslim community, but without percieving (or without the possibility to acknowledge) the problems themselves there will not be a cause for this.

The way things are now muslim culture will remain immutable, and there will consistently come a time when their neighbouring communities get fed up with that attitude, which causes the many clashes around the globe.

Having written that I do think that, especially due to the subjective nature of 'when are they resistant enough to these elements they don't at all identify with' that some caution is warranted, on both sides of this devillish coin. Too little scrutiny and the neccisary reforms may not happen for a long time, too much scrutiny and you bolster the fringe elements that are causing the terrible events in recent times; definetly a balancing act that fuels plenty a debate.

Just to clarify, I think it is factually correct that the people that last faced the same level of scrutiny is indeed probably the jewish community.

-oh before I forget proselytize is my word of the day, TIL!
    I agree with what you are saying here. The bolded part is what worries me the most as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Normies are people who are neurologically typical. They tend to think trolling is saying random things. A true troll is clever, but that art has died thanks to 4chan type trolling, which is just baiting. Very few do the old obvious troll is obvious routine on this forum
    i'm an aspie but not a troll... then who am i
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Besides proselytizing, another interesting dynamic is that of the Caliph and the Caliphate. There was an interesting article posted a while back:

Saudi Arabia, an ISIS That Has Made It
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/op...e-it.html?_r=0

For a lot of "Islamists" (which is a bit different from "Fanatical Islam"), setting up an Islamic Ruled State is of paramount importance.
    That is an interesting article. And it doesn't seem to me that there is a large leap required from Islamic Rules State to Fanatical Islam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Whilst the IRA were predominantly Catholic, they didn't fight for Catholicism, they fought for a united Ireland. Which in itself is kind of odd, as Ireland was united a century ago.
    Which is also amusing considering modern Islamism is by and large a nationalistic manifestation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which is also amusing considering modern Islamism is by and large a nationalistic manifestation.
    Not really, it is a religion based movement, as compared to a political based movement. Some IRA members were Protestant, some atheist, the majority were Catholic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, it is a religion based movement, as compared to a political based movement.
    Let's take off the eurocentric monocle for a moment and remember there is no distinction between the two in traditional Islamic thought, for starters.

The root of modern Islamism is a response to economic and cultural imperialism by the west in the same vein as Self-Strengthening in China or Pan-Slavism in Eastern Europe; it attempts to construct a national identity through an appeal to historical values and historical models, in this case that of a Caliphate. That the religious aspect is emphasised so much is just a function of the lack of secularism and that it's useful from a Western perspective to define it as an 'other' rather than a product of Western actions and thought.

Fundamentally there's very little difference between Islamism and nationalist movements in the west of the past two centuries, especially when you consider nationalist aspirations often align with a particular religion - part of being Greek, for example, is being Orthodox Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    replace hindu with any community ever.

I mean, that's a factual thing we can say that right? .. maybe? ..

I'll let myself out ._.
    You can say that about white people and Christians too.

1. Slavery.
    2. Colonialism.
    3. The Crusades
    4. The elimination of local cultures

etc.

Every society on earth has committed evil. That doesn't mean there aren't good people who should be allowed to live their lives without harassment.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Let's take off the eurocentric monocle for a moment and remember there is no distinction between the two in traditional Islamic thought, for starters.

The root of modern Islamism is a response to economic and cultural imperialism by the west in the same vein as Self-Strengthening in China or Pan-Slavism in Eastern Europe; it attempts to construct a national identity through an appeal to historical values and historical models, in this case that of a Caliphate. That the religious aspect is emphasised so much is just a function of the lack of secularism and that it's useful from a Western perspective to define it as an 'other' rather than a product of Western actions and thought.

Fundamentally there's very little difference between Islamism and nationalist movements in the west of the past two centuries, especially when you consider nationalist aspirations often align with a particular religion - part of being Greek, for example, is being Orthodox Christian.
    If two people run around with an AK47, one shouting "For a united Ireland" and another shouts "Allahu akbar", then I am going to assume the second one is primarily motivated by religion. It is not an unreasonable assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Interesting. "Thats Racist"

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/27/in...lion-illegals/

Indian officials are registering all illegal Muslim Bangladeshi residents in the state of Assam in an apparent bid to reduce the Muslim population.

“The Hindu rate of population growth is declining. But the Muslim rate is rising. Most of the Muslims here are from Bangladesh. If this continues, the Assamese Hindus will become a minority soon — we will lose our language, our culture, our identity,” Assam’s finance minister told The Washington Post.
    It's a good thing that only straight white males can be racists, eh? Hindus, however, can do whatever they please. xD

Deporting illegals?
    What's the problem?
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    You can say that about white people and Christians too.

1. Slavery.
    2. Colonialism.
    3. The Crusades
    4. The elimination of local cultures

etc.

Every society on earth has committed evil. That doesn't mean there aren't good people who should be allowed to live their lives without harassment.
    Sure. But those are all things in the past that have been actively condemned, and Christianity has been beaten into a shadow of its former self. That hasn't happened yet with Islam. And so we should carry on with the condemnations and ideological beatings.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Sure. But those are all things in the past that have been actively condemned, and Christianity has been beaten into a shadow of its former self. That hasn't happened yet with Islam. And so we should carry on with the condemnations and ideological beatings.
    Well not really. Look at Brexit and Trump. White, Christian racism that was obvious during colonialism and the slave trade is alive and doing really well. Look at France right now. Fillion is actually campaigning on the idea to make sure France stays a Christian country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not really. Look at Brexit and Trump. White, Christian racism that was obvious during colonialism and the slave trade is alive and doing really well. Look at France right now. Fillion is actually campaigning on the idea to make sure France stays a Christian country.
    Brexit, primarily aimed at getting rid of white Christians, is evidence of how racist white Christians are?

What about the large numbers of Pakistanis and other ethnic minorities that voted for Brexit, is that evidence they are racist?

Brexit, primarily aimed at getting rid of white Christians, is evidence of how racist white Christians are?
    I find it interesting that the British media stated that but the areas that voted more heavily for Brexit had less brown, black and Asians instead and the immigration debate was not about Poles or Bulgarians. It was about Syrians, Pakis and Afghans.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think we should make a troll registry, for online trolls. We can round them up and send them to a remote deserted island that no one visits, like Australia.

Every five minutes, troll registry officials would change the wifi password for the entire island.
    What did they do with all the internet trolls on that episode of south park? The rounded them all up and locked them in a room. I didn't see the next episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that the British media stated that but the areas that voted more heavily for Brexit had less brown, black and Asians instead and the immigration debate was not about Poles or Bulgarians. It was about Syrians, Pakis and Afghans.
    Regions like Scotland, which is 95+% white? To claim that the Brexit debate was not about EU immigration is frankly bizarre.