Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

I agree with TC. There are more terrible things in Legion than ever before. Gameplay mechanics are in shambles for almost every spec. A few class and profession quests don't do it for me. M+ would've been good if they weren't so repetitive.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that yet. As of right now, it is still behind WOTLK (taking the entire expansion into account of course). It's a bit better than patch 3.0 was though. Whether it pulls ahead of WOTLK to become the best expansion depends on how good the content in 7.1.5, 7.2, 7.2.5, 7.3, and 7.3.5 is.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guildie did a spot on video about it being the best expac. He gets a bit long winded and drones on at times, but I agree on most of what he says except TBC. Good listen (more of a podcast thing I think). Think he did this before Legion launched too.

Like 2/3 of the things mentioned in the OP are said of every xpac.

I never understand crying about class pruning. People manage to cry that they miss Shroud of concealment, Smoke bomb or traps, and then go into a mythic + and they dont interrupt a thing. Sometimes I feel like some people would need even less buttons, maybe like two...

To the rest of the points: Yea legendaries and warforged/titanforged/sockets items are stupid. Chatching up with alt sucks because of AP/AK. Rest of the legion is awesome, overall one of best xpacs. Just raid consumables are still too expensive to my liking.

Legions is not the best, sorry. Vanilla was best, 2nd to TBC.

Non linear gameplay still rules. Sandbox. Something WoW lost. Current retail players are funneled to content - no thanks, no desire to play.

Vanilla / TBC / WotLK can be called MMORPG's. Later expansions are simply single player adventure games, with the option to play with others. Regardless of disputes, one thing is evident - retail WoW is more action adventure than RPG. Which is why I like Legacy more.

None of those things is actually true, that's why.
    You are just making up complaints that bother you.
    Don't even understand half of them.
    - Legendary system was a terrible idea.
    Has some flaws, but its not a "terrible idea." The main issue is making some legendaries only for utility and others only for DPS. That changes a lot in 7.1.5. Good idea over all. Much better then giving everyone the same ring imo.

- RNG loot system was a terrible idea.
    Loot isn't random. Look in the dungeon journal. I suppose you might mean the item level? That's not random either. You get the best gear from ToV Mythic. Go do it. Otherwise, its just a bonus. I think the titanforging system is easily the best feature the expansion has because it means I have a reason to do content I normally would never considering doing. A friend of mine just got into Legion now and wants to start off slow with m0 or maybe m+3 max. Normally, there is no reason to do this, but with the chance for Titanforging and Artifact power, I'll do them all day!

- Class balance is a mess on top of that RNG makes it worse.
    It is? IDK what game we are playing, but I can think of about 5 patches where "class balance" (you mean spec balance?) were 10x worse than now. They have done a LOT to address the outliers as well. There was hotfixes every few days for the first few weeks. And what RNG are you even talking about? There has always been RNG in rotations. Makes no sense to me.

- Class pruning is at a all time high. Prot Warriors getting further pruned soon is hilarious.
    Honestly, I forgot this even happened. It seemed like a big deal in the beta when you could play the old specs then log on and see whats gone, but it really doesn't matter. Saying its at an "all time high" is a fucking joke as well. You act like they prune the classes every few weeks. It happens what, once every 2 years? You aren't comparing it to dozens of prunes. And whats changing with Prot warriors exactly?

- Some classes got gutted to be a shell of their former self. Warlock/Hunter
    Yet those are two of the strongest classes in the game, but again I don't understand why you keep referring to the changes as "Class" changes. Refer to specs or not at all. Classes are very diverse within specs now. Anyway, why does it matter what they USED to be? Lemme guess, this is about Classic.

- Alts are thrown to the side like we aint been using them to fill time for the past 10 years.
    This is the dumbest one out of all of them. What are you even saying here? How are alts thrown to the side? You know the people on the main page of this website who killed a boss 3rd in the world? Ask them how many alts they have and how often they are playing them.
    I am LOVING playing my alt this expansion, especially because of the 5 man content.
    And the last part... "like we aint been using them to fill time." You are complaining there is too much to do on your main character then?
    This is really confusing to me.

- AP/AK is honestly extremely stupid. I don't feel good about doing boring shit to boost it when I can AFK in my Hall for 3 months get 5000% more AP and just go do Suramar and have my entire thing finished in a few days. This is literally what I'm doing with alts right now.
    You honestly are extremely stupid. See how dumb that sounds? No, its not "extremely stupid." Its the best way to make it so people don't just farm the entire artifact out in a week or something like that. Use your brain and you will realize why the system is in the game. It also acts as an amazing incentive to content you normally wouldn't consider doing as I mentioned earlier.
    But why would you do whatever it is you said you'd do on alts there if they are thrown to the side? <_<

- PvP is probably the worst it has ever been.
    Always clear when some one is shit talking when the word "probably" appears in a statement that's meant to be a clear yes or no statement.
    I don't PVP at all and know nothing about it, but how can it possibly be the worst its ever been? They made a fucking template system that they can literally buff and nerf by turning a dial and it doesn't effect PVE at all.
    This one is the most contradictory statement possible, not even considering the honor talents and system, and the prestige system that goes with it.

The main reason its the best expansion SO FAR (not to date, the expansion isn't even 4 months old,) is because the amount of stuff in it.
    Its simply packed with content.
    Mythic+ dungeons alone are enough to keep me entertained for the rest of my life honestly.
    You obviously are very jaded when it comes to the things that matter in a game like this, so not much left to discuss here. If you don't enjoy it don't play it, but it is objectively the best launch the game has ever had. Even if all these things were real issues, that would still be nothing compared to what is actually good about the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    None of those things is actually true, that's why.
    If you would like to contribute, why not refrain from insults, and cussing people out. You have a couple good points mixed in, but it's so saturated with inflammatory comments, its hard to read without rolling eyes. It makes you look silly.

Deleted
    Some players enjoy the stuff listed as "bad".
    Some like chocolate, others prefere strawberry - it is a matter of taste.
    I know it can be hard to believe, but sometimes there are things that you enjoy - and you can't explain it rationally to others.
    Yeah my alts are looking angry at me , yes the legendary system can be frustrating and yes there is a lot of grinding AP. But to me it is still the best expansion, and i have been playing since beta of vanilla.
    As with any changes there will always be people that dosnt like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty good xpac but yeah it has a ton of flaws. I'd rate it 3rd behind BC/WotLK personally.

If you want to try to find things wrong with any expansion, you're going to be able to easily. No expansion was perfect, and they all had problems. That all said, Legion is rather good. The boss fights are interesting (and the Nighthold ones are really good, having done them in alpha/beta), there's things to do out in the world, dungeon content is good. Legion is definitely not bad. Perfect? Hardly. But it's still more than acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    Okay, I'll bite, since I'm enjoying Legion a fairly decent amount.
    This is the biggest case of stockholm syndrome I've ever seen.

Legion handles The MMO/Skinner box reward structure much better than previous expansions. Yes, the way it's laid out is inconvenient if you're trying to kit yourself out in BiS or if you want a totally even playing field in high-end raids, but neither of those is really a huge compromise when it comes to presenting a loot/progression system that actually plays nice with what makes the game tick. The reality of an MMO is that people aren't really playing it for great combat, good story or wholesome multiplayer experiences - they're playing it because it gives them continuous progression in an environment where they are exposed to others. That's what many expansions in a row weeent doing very well, and that's where Legion seriously picked up its game.

It's not absolutely perfect - I think that Legendaries probably should have had a much stronger tie to personal accomplishment, for example - but the whole package is way more appealing than, say, WoD's emphasis on painfully mundane tasks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    - Legendary system was a terrible idea.
    It think is is a great idea, but the current implementation is terrible and Legion's biggest flaw imo.

- RNG loot system was a terrible idea.
    RNG of normal loot is alright - legendary is not and has too much influence.

- Class balance is a mess on top of that RNG makes it worse.
    Other than Shadow Priest and Ele Shaman it's alright. I don't know if it's been much better at any stage - it certainly has been worse.

- Class pruning is at a all time high. Prot Warriors getting further pruned soon is hilarious.
    - Some classes got gutted to be a shell of their former self. Warlock/Hunter
    I have quite a few alts already and I prefered the playstyle of some specs in previous expansions.
    I'm sure there are exceptions for certain classes which are more fun in Legion, but overall MoP did it quite well in that regard.

- Alts are thrown to the side like we aint been using them to fill time for the past 10 years.
    Don't notice a big difference compared to previous XP.

- AP/AK is honestly extremely stupid. I don't feel good about doing boring shit to boost it when I can AFK in my Hall for 3 months get 5000% more AP and just go do Suramar and have my entire thing finished in a few days. This is literally what I'm doing with alts right now.
    I think it's great although catchup for alts could be faster. But that's planned anyways.

- PvP is probably the worst it has ever been.
    I don't PVP right now, but I've literally heard this sentence during every single PVP season ever so it kind of lost any meaning.

Overall I enjoyed it, just like I enjoyed BC, WotLK and MoP which all have their pros and cons.

Legion's theme/artwork/setting is top-notch. I like Mythic+ dungeons, Kara, class halls/quests, the WQ system and Artifacts.
    Raids are good, but not amazing so far.

Yeah some classes were more fun to play at some points and the Leggy system is messed up. I wouldn't mind flying NOW and different sizes for Mythic raids.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-11-29 at 07:08 AM.

The pruning has only one goal: to make WoW ready for the console market. As a game developer you have to be completely retarded to not try to profit from those millions and millions of players...

NoobistTV-Metro is putting my opinions to paper better then I am.

The only thing to add is that PVP, I didn't pvp at all previously before, from vanilla to now. With the system introduced in Legion, it actually feels fun. I still suck, but I find enjoyment to it now, compared to every other expansion. And isn't that the best part about the new system, and people who weren't doing the content before, trying it and enjoying it. Usually means people will keep playing the game, since there's a new element they will experience.

So far Legion is one of the best expansions so far, the only one I didn't "fully" experience was BC, and jesus, it wasn't as good as people make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why the negativity of the OP buti personally have not had such fun since WOTLK. The world feels well made again, the story is well told and the expansion feels like it is progressing the real story (unlike fillers like pandaria and to some extent WOD).

People generally seem to enjoy the expansion, my guidlies are mostly all online, we do mythic dungeons, raids. The AH is beaming with activity, people are less salty in the game, not staying in their class hall but instead roaming around the world for WQs... Its great, the world feels alive again!!!

As for the legendary weapons and AP, that has worked way better than most people expected. Although i must admit i hated the idea, i am quite fine with it now and i dare say... i like it!

P.S. Also a friend of mine who left in Pandaria has came back again and is enjoying the expansion. He is super critical and did not like neither pandaria nor WOD, so that speaks a lot for me.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

The only system that I agree with you about is the leggy-system. Its totaly trash.
    Else, not so much, RNG titanforged make ppl like me that only play 5man able to get loot to compete with mythic-raiders.
    Classes have not been this balanced in almost any expansion (from what I can recall, and Im playing a DK, one of the more shafted classes this expansion. Sure balance was CRAP at the start but now its alrite). The only super-bad class right now is the monk since they only have 1 dps-spec and its superlow singletarget. Hunters arent the best either but they are not shafted at all.

Hell I have NEVER EVER found it as fun to play without beeing a raider as I do now. Im still playing my main mostly and doing 5man mythic+ is the best experience I have had in wow in ages.
    I love it!

Sure some kinks there are but its nice, REALLY nice overall.

Your personal view of the expansion has no effect on how this is the worst expansion to date.

When I look back at expansions I have to go back to wotlk to not run out of stuff to do while ingame. Meaning, I didnt quit in wotlk because there was absolutely nothing to do.
    If they can keep up with the patch cycles they have said they will I will likely stay throughout the expansion. This should be their main focus in future expansions also, keeping the expansion alive with content being put in on a regular basis. (Every few months)
    And as we all have said for years, we dont mind the expansions being longer, having shorter expansions didnt work out at all as the expansions ended up being equal in length nonetheless.

And what others have said, I like the world quest system alot, gives me a good reason to go back to the zones I levelled up in for other things then to just herb/mine stuff.