Thread: Melees ruin pvp

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Melees ruin pvp

I can't enjoy the pvp anymore. Playing a caster is pure frustration. I wanna have fun pvping but I can't, they ruin it for me.

You only get trained non stop, stunned, kicked whatever. You are not allowed to play your character.

The worst offenders are WW monks, I mean you've got to be kidding me. It's simply no fun going into the Arena and spending half of the time stunned and getting the shit beaten out of me. It's worse in battlegrounds when 3 or more jump you.

They gotta do something about this. Now. Not in five months or in the next expansion.

No time like the present, Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-11-29 at 06:57 AM.

Ask trump to make casters great again

If you cant beat them, join them!
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    If you cant beat them, join them!
    I would but I can't stand the awful leveling.

Does no one at Blizzard pvp? I know it's always been neglected and I have a good time pveing in Legion, but dear god how awful is a caster's experience in pvp?

Imagine a new player playing a caster, trying to have fun. It's so broken.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-11-29 at 07:04 AM.

bet you werent complaining when casters were gods
    Lemme guess you play something like mage or Spriest
    always seem to do nothing but whine while still being a top 3 class

ww monks have nothing but burst, survive the 8 seconds by ccing or trading cooldowns and you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I would but I can't stand the awful leveling.
    Level as Elemental, play Enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Level as Elemental, play Enhance.
    I think he meant lvling in general
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post

ww monks have nothing but burst, survive the 8 seconds by ccing or trading cooldowns and you're fine
    try playing a caster and tell me if you're having fun

I don't know about you guys, but I play a feral druid, and priests are one class I simply won't tangle with. You jump them, throw all your bleeds up, then you watch them bubble and absorb it all, or dispersion, or send you running in fear. You come back from the fear to see their health bar still at 100% despite all your bleeds up, then they simply melt you while you desperately try anything to make their health bar move.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    should i start laughing at you now or later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i totaly agree with OP. I'm pretty sure someone very good at pvp and at their caster class in particular can do well, thus the "mage is in tops in pvp".
    But nevertheless i has not won any arena for like 5 years already even though i try from time to time. In BGs i try to stand behind the crowd and pew-pew unnoticed but than some hunter notices me, targets his pet at me and i cannot even defeat a pet 1vs1 since it meelees me hard enough.
    And now that the pvp gear does not matter and my iLvl is only a bit behind the others (i'm 863 now) I still cannot win ANYONE 1vs1.
    Yes i'm VERY bad at pvp (since for 10 years i still did not bother to even look up what abilities other classes have. I played at least 4 classes up to 90-100 lvl, but i complettely forgotten what they're capable of since i don't play them anymore) but i doubt someone who just started a game should loose in 100% cases.

Ultimately I don't care what Blizzard does to WOW pvp-wise since it's not my part of the game anyway. Let them do what's better for the pvp crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    try playing a caster and tell me if you're having fun
    Easiest shit to play in this MMO tbh, also, cry more and get back to me when ranged had it good last expansion and other times.

1. Pick your fights better in BGs, also no point crying about BGs really.

2. You have a partner in arena for a reason, learn how to use them and cordinate

3. WW monks have two stuns (6 seconds total with DR, woooo) and one incapacitate. Panderan monks have one additional incapacitate but it really doesn't do much.

4. Bitching about PVP really gets you nowhere tbh. Blizzard does what they want when they want in this area.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Ask trump to make casters great again
    Glad I'm not the only one that saw the irony.

OT: suck it up buttercup.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    should i start laughing at you now or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post

Just wondering where you got that idea from. Mage is the 10th most popular spec, Spriest is 13th among the top 5000 players. The most popular pve mage spec (fire) is played by 0.4% of pvpers in arenas.

Top specs are: Frost DK, MMonk, Restro Shaman, Arms, Restro Rruid, Holy and Ret Pally, Feral Druid. Then comes the Affliction lock (RDPS!)

If you look at the top 20 combo's, there are two which contain mages, and three with Spriests. To compare 11 have Frost DK, 4 have arms warriors, 5 have affliction warlocks.

All taken from arenacomps.

You can see there are not that many RDPS among the top specs. So his impression is not totally wrong. There is not one Mage or Spriest among the top 10 players (3vs3) either.

holyshit this dude delivers trump for real.

Wizards are good in BGs, Melee is good in arena. That's how it should work. That's how it works. And hopefully that's how it'll continue to work, because I'm still having flashbacks to MoP locks and eles. You couldnt even get near the f'ckers as melee, and if you did they had 10000 ways to heal / cc / kite you, then just murder you with a lucky proc.

Game is better when melee / triple dps are strong because it's more fun. Does it take less skill? That's debatable. Does it take much skill to press polymorph / fear and then nuke something else? I wouldn't say so. Now, I may be biased because I mained warrior / DK since tbc, but I do think wizards are fine. I've lost more games to good mages / warlocks than I have to melee.

Emphasis on 'good'. It's common knowledge that there's may bad mages / locks / druids who just got used to facerolling in MoP and WoD and can't comprehend being balanced any more.

Deleted
    Nerf stone! Paper is fine!

Regards, Scissors

Casters should be glass cannons with variations on utility and some escapes. Tanks should be able to soak damage. Melee dps should be between these 2 with moderate control and escape utility abilities.

Unfortunately Blizzard lost their vision on world Pvp when they decoded WoW was going to be an eSport and build around that.

Want to fix WoW pvp? Remove the design which functions around top level arena pvp with iLvL 880 gear.

And pvp talents should be able to start each of the tiers at certain levels like regular talents.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpath View Post
    Casters should be glass cannons with variations on utility and some escapes. Tanks should be able to soak damage. Melee dps should be between these 2 with moderate control and escape utility abilities.
    Im not a huge pvper since the end of WotLK, but i dabbled in it a bunch recently, and it feels like by giving super mobile melees (DH, monk) the same levels of utility as some of the casters, those casters cant really do much to get them off. When i was on my priest (as disc or shadow) there was nothing i could actually do to get rid of a DH or monk for more than about 2 seconds, after which they were on my face again.

As Disc pretty much my entire strategy was "keep running away", as shadow i was was cycling cooldowns to delay my death and hope my teammates can get something done in that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Errrr, i forgot to mention that though i say this about priests, i dont think melees ruin pvp, i just think its harder as a caster with little survivability CDs.

Not to mention that i am really not an avid pvper nowadays