Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unholy talent changes are nice, and will certainly make picking those talents more attractive.

Unholy needs substantial baseline buffs, though. That's what people are upset about.

Deleted
    I think that Unholy Frenzy should stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The Unholy talent changes are nice, and will certainly make picking those talents more attractive.

Unholy needs substantial baseline buffs, though. That's what people are upset about.
    Agreed! There are changes to our survivability mostly from what I've seen which isn't really the issue. The issue is our theoretical maximum dps at the base level. The Summon Valkyr change is good, but it really only applies to burst potential as that is what that particular talent brings to the table, not really sustained dps as Soul Reaper is the go to talent for that in that layer.

The real issues are what I would like to see a change to, the slow but deadly archetype isn't playing out, because we're slow and hit like a dry goldfish. I think the main issue is that most of the changes are inspired by PvP, but that significantly hurts us in PvE. Unholy isn't even the spec that is potentially "globalling" players, we don't work like that, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalight View Post
    That should be the whole point of a legendary. I despise people like you... You're the reason we get legendaries handed to us nowadays.
    I rather there not be legendaries. They dont reward skill and only further destroy class balance.

I'm still thinking that Unholy is going to be thrash. What with Sindragosa's Breath? Did they bring it back to Unholy or not? The Val'Kyr 2min CD seems good, but I'd still run it only when I have to burst down a boss, i.e. the Curator during Evocation, or Ash'Golm during frozen phase. Unholy Frenzy is not a big change, and still, it will only be decent with the legendary bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Talents
    Dark Arbiter Summon a Val'kyr to attack the target for 15 sec. The Val'kyr will gain 1% increased damage for every 1 Runic Power you spend. Unholy Death Knight - Level 100 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown. 2 min cooldown.
    Hungering Rune Weapon Empower your rune weapon, gaining 1 Rune and 5 Runic Power instantly and every 1.5 sec for 12 15 sec. Frost Death Knight - Level 58 Talent. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.
    Unholy Frenzy When a Festering Wound bursts, you gain 100% increased attack speed for 2 2.5 sec. Unholy Death Knight - Level 58 Talent.

Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Unholy
    Deadly Durability (Rank 1) Increases the effectiveness of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude by 3%. 8%.
    Deadly Durability (Rank 2) Increases the effectiveness of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude by 6%. 16%.
    Deadly Durability (Rank 3) Increases the effectiveness of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude by 10%. 24%.
    Deadly Durability (Rank 4) Increases the effectiveness of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude by 13%. 32%.
    Deadly Durability (Rank 5) Increases the effectiveness of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude by 16%. 40%.
    Deadly Durability (Rank 6) Increases the effectiveness of Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude by 20%. 48%.

Sounds fine to me this change, what do you think?
    I remember back when AP was more difficult to come by putting in that 3/3 for a 2% increase to IBF was soul destroying.... just to get to Double Doom lol

when you put in that first point and your IBF went from 20% to 20.6% dmg reduction
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-11-23 at 04:25 PM.

Second round of changes and.....not shit. Losing hope.

They're pretty awesome changes when you consider Convergence of Fates.

Still basically nothing. I'd love to see something reduce the cooldown of army. I'd like to see us get back some of the power the bracers are losing as baseline. I'd like to see the numbers tweaked so we do slightly more damage and stay relevant going forward. But... we get more AMS and valk???

what a joke for unholy

didnt blizzard promise there wouldnt be wild swings in balance so people who dumped AP wouldnt feel like it was worthless?

so why do I with 32 points in unholy AND the bracers only do marginally (~40-50k) more than my frost which has only 24 points in it?

Combined with no new significant changes to unholy in 2 ptr patches shows blizzard cant make good on promises

Deleted
    So....

Who's hyped to get a big fat fuck all in tonight's build?

I sure am :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    So....

Who's hyped to get a big fat fuck all in tonight's build?

I sure am :x
    What, you're not hyped for 5 yard range buff on Death Coil? I sure am :^)

new ptr build pushed back to tomrorow
    am ready for a big load of nothing
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    What, you're not hyped for 5 yard range buff on Death Coil? I sure am :^)
    Or another 2% ST buff ;^)
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-11-29 at 02:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    I think that Unholy Frenzy should stack.
    Depends on how it stacks, I think adding the huge attackspeed buff onto itself would be too silly (how do you balance other talents against +700% attackspeed?), though it'd be amazing if it's duration stacked up.

Also, more importantly, your pets and minions should also receive the Unholy Frenzy buff (since it's attackspeed and not haste). Unholy Frenzy has always been something a necromancer buffs on their minions and not themselves, so I'm puzzled as to why our minions haven't been included in this talent to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    Depends on how it stacks, I think adding the huge attackspeed buff onto itself would be too silly (how do you balance other talents against +700% attackspeed?), though it'd be amazing if it's duration stacked up.

Also, more importantly, your pets and minions should also receive the Unholy Frenzy buff (since it's attackspeed and not haste). Unholy Frenzy has always been something a necromancer buffs on their minions and not themselves, so I'm puzzled as to why our minions haven't been included in this talent to begin with.
    probably because Dark Aribter/Gargoyle though i think DA has a "strike" while gargoyle is a "cast"

7+ Year Old Account
    early on I was UH and messing around with UF and got to 1.1 attack speed. was fun to have a 2H swing faster then duel wielding

having Seal of Necro I am looking forward to seeing BoS next build and what it can do. especially with gathering storm build

whats funny is all you guys that trashed frost for months and whined "the ceiling is higher for unholy" and bla bla bla are all frost now
    I'm sure once they see the numbers a week or 2 after patch they will tune up UH a little more, just as they did with frost- except that took two months....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Talents
    Dark Arbiter Summon a Val'kyr to attack the target for 15 sec. The Val'kyr will gain 1% increased damage for every 1 Runic Power you spend. Unholy Death Knight - Level 100 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 3 min cooldown. 2 min cooldown.

Unholy Frenzy When a Festering Wound bursts, you gain 100% increased attack speed for 2 2.5 sec. Unholy Death Knight - Level 58 Talent.
    ?
    maybe people will take DA again? or have some faith if they have the legendary shoulders in the talent
    also, the ring from Court of Stars will be bad ass with UF
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post

What I meant is:
    If you have Unholy Frenzy UP and you do a DC the additional duration is added to Unholy Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    early on I was UH and messing around with UF and got to 1.1 attack speed. was fun to have a 2H swing faster then duel wielding

having Seal of Necro I am looking forward to seeing BoS next build and what it can do. especially with gathering storm build

whats funny is all you guys that trashed frost for months and whined "the ceiling is higher for unholy" and bla bla bla are all frost now
    I'm sure once they see the numbers a week or 2 after patch they will tune up UH a little more, just as they did with frost- except that took two months....

- - - Updated - - -

maybe people will take DA again? or have some faith if they have the legendary shoulders in the talent
    also, the ring from Court of Stars will be bad ass with UF
    That's just the name of the game man, things change and People play the better performing spec. Nothing against frost back then but it WAS shit. Now unholy is shit lol so it's just natural everyone bashes it and rerolled. From how good it was in beta, it sure is the laughing stock of all specs now. From hero to zero real quick.

Deleted
    I bet they will just make data mined info official which is just a big FU to unholy....