Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Um....Blade is not pale.
    you don't understand just how black wesley snipes is...

in blade that was with heavy white makeup and it didn't really work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    That's not skin
    technically it could be. we never see him without his robes or mask.
    edit:
    not saying he could be 'white' but we don't really know what exactly happened to him physically. we see him as a weird almost phantom like creature and shit but he might actually have taken on a greyish, extremely pale color due to his injuries and 'recovery' from whatever happened prior to overwatch game storyline.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-11-29 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    He's not black... O_o...
    He is, look at his Origin skin

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    edit:
    not saying he could be 'white' but we don't really know what exactly happened to him physically. we see him as a weird almost phantom like creature and shit but he might actually have taken on a greyish, extremely pale color due to his injuries and 'recovery' from whatever happened prior to overwatch game storyline.
    True /10chars

He is, look at his Origin skin

From where I stand, that's about as black as That wentworth guy from Prison Break.

hoenstly, between the decidedly lightskinned complection and the name "Reyes" he seems more hispanic or latino.

10+ Year Old Account

From where I stand, that's about as black as That wentworth guy from Prison Break.

hoenstly, between the decidedly lightskinned complection and the name "Reyes" he seems more hispanic or latino.
    As far as i know that have nothing to do with being black (being Latino or Hispanic, they don't have to do with skin color, and yeah but for some reason everyone in US call every non-white and non-asian, black, so meh)

As far as i know that have nothing to do with being black (being Latino or Hispanic, they don't have to do with skin color, and yeah but for some reason everyone in US call every non-white and non-asian, black, so meh)
    I'm not quite sure where you live, but in the US where I am, no one ever calls a Hispanic person black.

Reaper AKA Gabriel Reyes is Hispanic. FFS two/three of his skins and his birth place (Los Angeles) point to this pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not quite sure where you live, but in the US where I am, no one ever calls a Hispanic person black.
    Just going to NOT post the long bit I was trying to figure out the least racist way to go about saying it and just quote Joe and co-sign "quote for this"

Brown people aren't the same as black people... regardless of how much certain people like to lump them together.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Um....Blade is not pale.
    He also technically isnt a pure vampire either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reyes is Hispanic. And death doesn't turn dark skin white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's a common trope for undead in various forms of media. Undeath isn't natural - and Reaper endured an immense amount of experimentation. He's also often drawn by unofficial artists as having darker skin than he actually boasts in-game or in official art. I suspect that is a large contributor to the confusion.

Wouldn't that depend on what kills you?

Certain afflictions can greatly alter your appearance or physical composition. Severe burns, or chemical burns can leave scaring that never heals in teh proper color. Like where I use to work I'd see these guys who use to handle chemicals and had obvious signs of being caught in a spill of some sort... they had a complexion that resembled something akin to military camo designs across their skin, and while they themselves were of dark complexion normally, the areas scarred over were bright pinks and 'white' in hue.

Also, it's not confirmed that reaper 'died'... as far as i'm aware <.< wasn't he just put into a state of presumed dead or near death and then stabilized in some as yet to be explained fashion? Or are we just going with the YES he's an incarnation of death idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that depend on what kills you?
    Very few things would do that, so this is starting to stretch things.

Just saying that there do in fact exist certain things that could fuck up your skin to the point where it doesn't grow back in the same way. Some of it is as simple as rupturing the surface and allowing it to heal back, but as scar tissue instead of normal cells. So it might be related to his 'death' or might be a side effect of what 'healed' him... or just an undershirt he wears.

I mean he can disperse himself and float around invulnerable. Pretty sure that's stretched further than his skin whitening from all the things they've done to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Blade isn't a vampire, just a human with vampiric abilities in essence. He isn't dead. Vampires are.
    you don't understand just how black wesley snipes is...

in blade that was with heavy white makeup and it didn't really work.

- - - Updated - - -

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    He also technically isnt a pure vampire either.
    pfft, even half-vampire he's more vampire than Edward!!!!

Deleted
    Where... I still can't see any skin?

That white stuff is cloth, isn't it? He has the same white cloth ingame there.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Where... I still can't see any skin?

That white stuff is cloth, isn't it? He has the same white cloth ingame there.
    IT's not clear if it's part of his clothing or bare skin.

They probably designed Reaper before they designed Reyes, so the detail of him being hispanic didn't exist at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's latino. That's the word ya'll are looking for.

Anyway, yes, I find the healthy, pink skin tone on the statue (and in the original overwatch cinematic) to be quite... strange. His concept art has much paler skin, which suits him better, as do his in-game skins.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-12-01 at 09:14 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They need to introduce a mail system and start sending people dragons in the mail. Makes an easier go-to excuse for anything inconsistent (should there be any I don't think there's a case here).

I swear at one point the origins skin was a lot blacker than the screenshot someone posted, either from a portrait of the skin or some of the artwork. When the poster said "Look at the origins skin" as an argument for him being black I was nodding, was surprised to see the screenshot being the hue it was. Sort of like how Pharah's portrait used to be a lot darker skinned than her actual model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.