Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    There is this rumour around that when they removed the soft-cap they also reseted or removed the Bad Luck Protection.
    I wouldn't call it a rumor if I understood the blue post correctly then it is accurate and implied by the post .The way I understood the blue post was that if you had 4 you could get a 5th but had zero bad luck protection to increase your chance so it was incredibly low and it never increased each time you did something that can potentially yield a legendary it would always stay at zero. All that removing the "soft cap" did was allow that bad luck protection to accumulate even if you were already at 4 however all the thing you did prior to the cap being removed did not count towards that accumulation of bad luck protection.
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2016-11-29 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Becuase thoes 4 might have been uselss, effectively blocking you from doing any real content.
    like? because i have only prydaz in my rogue and dk tank. still i did mEN and m+ without problems :|

Deleted
    Blp doesn't exist and never did. There's no statistics proving that the system is working or ever did, except for the bug where people got several on launch. Until the top m+ farmers start getting the amount of Legendaries that match the amount of content they have done compared to other players, there's no proof that Legendaries work on any other system than regular RNG.
    Last edited by mmoc8594bf4e7c; 2016-11-29 at 12:08 PM.

There is this rumour around that when they removed the soft-cap they also reseted or removed the Bad Luck Protection.
    Isn't this exactly what we expect? Before they removed the soft cap, bad luck protection no longer accumulated once you reached 4 legendaries. Therefore, prior to removing the soft cap, everyone with 4 legendaries would have had zero bad luck protection. It's only after they removed the soft cap do these people start accumulating bad luck protection again.

Bad Luck Protection should be renamed to "chance to get a Legendary" to avoid this confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No it's called Bad Luck Protection working as intended. Do you think the system considers the fact that people who already have 4 Legendaries as unlucky?

The thing that most people don't seem to get is that those people who play 10-16 h a day doing Mythic+, top end raiding and capping every single WQ do get what they deserve. Namely the rewards that come from doing that content. Legendaries are the cherry on top rare and random drop that makes you feel awesome, they are not a guaranteed or deserved reward.
    The thing you don't seem to get is that at some point, they couldn't care less about some shitty epics from m+ and they do it purely for the legendary roll and, to a lesser extent (because they would be better off waiting for higher research anyway) AP.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If you buy 100 tickets to a lottery you don't deserve anything any more than the guy who bough one, because it's a fucking lottery.
    Then tell me who the fuck asked them to add this "lottery" cancer in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    like? because i have only prydaz in my rogue and dk tank. still i did mEN and m+ without problems :|
    If you're one of the people that have done 300-400 mythic+ since the soft cap was removed, not having your best legendaries means you're not raiding. Simple as that.

Also, if you had to compete against a rogue with better legendaries, you would not stand a chance, no matter what skill level you're on. As long as you're both about as good of course.
    Any reasonable and competent raid leader would take the rogue that preformed better and as I said, it would not be you.

Becuase thoes 4 might have been uselss, effectively blocking you from doing any real content.
    If you are a somewhat decent player, you can easily do any mythic+ difficulty and the current mythic raid tier even if you have no legendary at all or a shitty one or two shitty ones or four. If you think you are not able to beat that content ("real" is a word beyond stupid btw.), then chances are, the problem isnt' the lack of good legendaries, but more that you and your friends just aren't good enough yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    Bad Luck Protection should be renamed to "chance to get a Legendary" to avoid this confusion
    Not really, if Blizzard posted that there is 1 % chance to get legendary from for example Emissary cache people would still be angry because some of us dont know how probabilities work and think that after doing 100 of said "1 % chance to get legendary caches" they are guaranteed one. So in my opinion its much better to be vague about that and not post chances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedo View Post
    Blp doesn't exist and never did. There's no statistics proving that the system is working or ever did, except for the bug where people got several on launch. Until the top m+ farmers start getting the amount of Legendaries that match the amount of content they have done compared to other players, there's no proof that Legendaries work on any other system than regular RNG.
    I actually agree with this one: This whole post about Bad Luck Protection blah is just a marketing stunt. There really is no statistical proof that it exists at all, even though by now, worldwide, enough points of legendary chances (M+ / Emissary / Raid) have been collected to be statistically relevant.

And besides: The timing of this post just seems to be extremely suspicious. A day after being accused by Exorsus, and stating that they removed it "a week ago" already... Very fishy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    shhhh this logic does not belong in this forum!

Only bad play blocks you from content. You sound like one of these people who were dropped, not benched, dropped because of your bad play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwinger View Post
    Then tell me who the fuck asked them to add this "lottery" cancer in the first place.
    You did when you told blizzard that legendary design for Mop and WoD was cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I was at 4 nearly two months while the cap was in place. I've done a well above average amount of content in the last two weeks and still haven't got a 5th, but I do not expect a 5th for another week or two. I am convinced that the first week M+ came out it was bugged and awarding too many legendaries and that this was fixed at the same time they nerfed the AP from M+. I personally got 3 in that first week and seen others get many as well during that time and I believe since then the rate is significantly lower so it would be very unreasonable to expect even one a week. A realistic rate is 1-2 a month, or around 150-250 M+, and 2-3 lockouts worth of full raid clears on multiple difficulties as well as standard emissaries for one legendary. Sure some people will get luck and get two in a week or even on the same day while other will not see one for over a month, this is how the system, as we understand it, works unfortunately. Note that since 7.1 they confirmed the chance to get your first one is much higher now but do not do not expect subsequent ones to come as quickly.
    Last edited by Rhyzoh; 2016-11-29 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    Um, weren't the soft cap removed 5 days ago? Or do i not get something? Don't know what that 2 week is.
    Blizzard said they changed it a week before they announced it.

Believe it or not, I own all the legendaries for my class

It won't block them from doing any "real" content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    People that play 10-16 h a day deserve more than you fucking plebs that put half an hour in.
    Yea, it took 3 month of 10-16hr for 4 legendaries, surely they are entitled to be guaranteed to be showered with legendaries immediately after a hotfix.

If you're one of the people that have done 300-400 mythic+ since the soft cap was removed, not having your best legendaries means you're not raiding. Simple as that.

Also, if you had to compete against a rogue with better legendaries, you would not stand a chance, no matter what skill level you're on. As long as you're both about as good of course.
    Any reasonable and competent raid leader would take the rogue that preformed better and as I said, it would not be you.
    dude, im not in a guild that aspire to be in the top 100. and i can reach 80 percentile even without those dps leggendaries, plus with that neck i simply cant die and can contribute even with 20% healing on me.
    for a guild that isnt super pro this is a lot.
    and i can still do all the content.
    if you choose to be minmaxer/superdupercuttin' edge this is only a your problems, the "real" content can be done even without that.
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2016-11-29 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    It won't block them from doing any "real" content.

Yea, it took 3 month of 10-16hr for 4 legendaries, surely they are entitled to be guaranteed to be showered with legendaries immediately after a hotfix.
    Don't you know that all Mmo-champion users are part of the top 10 world raiding guilds?

I'm not convinced you understood how the soft-cap that was removed worked and how it would work going forward. The soft-cap stopped bad luck protection from working once you had 4 Legendary items (i.e. you could still get a fifth Legendary, but you had a minuscule chance of it happening per drop that never increased).

Removing that soft-cap means that they are basically re-enabling bad luck protection BEYOND 4 Legendary items. I imagine that bad luck protection wasn't retroactively applied for the week(s) that people were farming with no bad luck protection.

So they didn't reset bad luck protection, it just didn't exist. They can't have removed it since putting it back was the point of removing the soft-cap.