Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You forgot the important one.
    but you just made that up...

i guess its not literal if you just make up your own definition of what AND means.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    but you just made that up...

i guess its not literal if you just make up your own definition of what AND means.
    Well I doubt you will find a definition for 'drinking and driving' in the dictionary. Feel free to try but I think you'll just be wasting your time.

People die every day due to smoking related illnesses. Smoking has been proven to cause many negative effects that eventually cause death, not only to themselves, but to others as well. Yet people still smoke.

You can literally take any problem and fit it into this question.

The problem is twofold: 1) the problem is addictive and thus hard to quit. 2) People have done it so long they think "ah, it's no big deal, I've screwed myself at this point anyhow"

either the over estimate their ability to drive after a few or they are down on their luck enough to not care.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I have a friend who was drunk driving, hit another car, the driver of the other car died. The driver of the other car was the sheriff's daughter. They nailed my friend and sent him to prison for 24 years. He got out on parole after 10.

That's enough for me to not drink and drive. I don't drink anyways. I don't like being out of control and I don't need it to relax. Alcohol makes people do some really dumb stuff.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It's a really bad snowball effect where you go out and say have a beer or two and still feel fine. So you drive and everything goes off without a hitch. Then the next time you think... well maybe I can have one more? And again you drive back home no problem. This keeps going and going until shit inevitably hits the fan.

For me it took passing out in my car at a gas station and waking up to a cop putting me in handcuffs to straighten up. Fortunately he let me off with PI and not DWI
    Thankfully only the stupidest of people actually think with that kind of mentality. I'd never think I could get away with doing that, I know what the legal limit is and what my limit is as well. It's unfortunate that so many young people in particular, have such a blatant disregard for drinking and driving laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Probably what most pieces of shit who drive drunk say.
    Why you calling me names? I didn't run over your dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    Well I doubt you will find a definition for 'drinking and driving' in the dictionary. Feel free to try but I think you'll just be wasting your time.
    i wont need to, i know the defintion of AND. anywho, google DRINKING AND DRIVING guess what comes up? you can interpret it anyway you want, law enforcement will disagree with you.

definitely not going to argue with someone who thinks they drive "safer" while drinking
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2016-11-29 at 03:37 AM.

Was more a general statement. But yes, if you drive while intoxicated to the point you can't walk straight, you're a piece of shit for putting other people's lives in danger.
    How much alcohol do you personally have to drink before you "can't walk straight?"

Some people are alcoholics and can't help themselves. It's an epidemic.

Deleted
    I see tipsy/drunk people stepping into their car every weekend night. Drunk hubris.

I never drink and drive, one of our group is always the designated driver. When going out in my home town, I just walk home. Everything is really close either way.

People will be people, not the brightest.

Varies person to person. Obviously. Not sure what point you're attempting to make but there really is no argument you can make against the fact that if you put other people's lives in dangers because you want to drink and drive then you're a piece of shit.
    Unfortunately it also varies from day to tay for each person and people cannot predict it.

Two things I attribute it to.

1) Judgement, after a few drinks peoples judgement goes out of the window, as others have said, they feel fine but they aren't
    2) upbringing. The best example I can give of this is my other half. She's more than happy to have a pint of cider throughout the night or at a meal and drive on that. But since before she could drive, shes been brought up seeing her father doing it, having a single drink, then driving. They even tell her now "Oh you'll be fine with one drink don't worry" It does my head in frankly.

When I'm in my driving lessons, I don't even have a drink the night before. Maybe I'm overly safe, but I'd rather not risk anything,

Deleted
    Alcohol makes you do stupid things, like driving drunk...

It's a vicious cycle. :/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    But isn't it dangerous though? To a degree yes. If you have 3 or 4 beers, as a guy at least you'll be fine though. It's the people that go way way overboard that are the problem.
    No offence, but people with the attitude you display are a MASSIVE problem. Your comment is not only patently false, but worse, you confidently think you're right.

The famous quote (ironically falsely attributed to Mark Twain) applies: “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”

Let me be clear. Any alcohol in your system impairs your ability to drive safely. The more you have the worse it gets. 3 or 4 beers within an hour or so and then driving significantly increases your probability of fucking up on the road. Obviously your odds of getting to your destination without incident are still in your favour, but it's still a stupid risk to take.

Also, alcohol impairs your ability to judge things accurately, so people who have had a few drinks will feel that they are 100% fine. In fact they tend to feel even more confident in their abilities than when they're sober. But it's because the alcohol has compromised their ability to accurate assess their condition. What is even more shocking is the number of people who are incapable of recognising this after they're sober again.

It's just so, so stupid. You cannot trust your senses when you've had something to drink, which makes it super important that you make a conscious effort to put aside your ego and, while sober, admit that even you are not fit to drive if you've had more than 1 drink, instead of trying to convince yourself that all your reckless behaviour was actually perfectly fine because so far you've got away with it.

Deleted
    Drinking and driving is kinda difficult, that's why people usually drink first, then drive.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reasons they still text and drive. It is called being irresponsible.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Drinking and driving is kinda difficult, that's why people usually drink first, then drive.
    Not really. I too often have to pick up empty beer cans along the 540 foot road frontage I have where I live. People just toss them out the window as they drive by. Sometimes there may still be a little bit of beer left in them. One reason there is a law against not only drunk driving, but driving with a open container of booze in your vehicle.

Its one of those things everyone knows isn't smart but does it, and to be fair when most people say they are "fine" to drive there not lying there's a difference having 4-5 drinks in a few hours and having 12-15.

I have only driven home one time super blasted like 15-20 beers/cocktails I instantly new it was a mistake when i started driving had the spins and shit i was scared tbh so i was super focused no radio and no talking would never do it again.

Edit- and i know this isn't going to sound nice but most people get in car crashes from drinking and driving are shit drivers already the booze just makes it worse its the same idea that everyone who smokes weed is a lazy bum and stupid when those people were already lazy and dumb as fuck anyway
    Last edited by Mohangz; 2016-11-29 at 01:52 PM.