Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Are you even vaguely aware of the relationship between Islam and Muhammed?
    A bit more than vaguely, but are you even vaguely aware of the meaning of words "static" and "monolistic"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    A bit more than vaguely, but are you even vaguely aware of the meaning of words "static" and "monolistic"?
    "Static" is a pretty good description about the system of beliefs created by Muhammed. As for "monolistic", that's not even a real word.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Yeah, and what part of "illegal Muslim Bangladeshi residents" don't you understand?
    How did you jump from "fair wages for their own citizens" to "illegal muslim bangladeshi residents"?

- - - Updated - - -

I know enough of the German language to say with certainty, that's not true.
    Words having different meanings depending on context is one of the reason why their way of creating new words works so well.
    They mostly do not make up new words from scratch, they put them in new context by merging them into a new one.
    Everyone who speaks German and a second language somewhat passably should notice this, thus my astonishment.
    ... you even know enough german you´ve lost your sense of humour. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

In the sense in which the word "race" is used for humans? Yes.
    There is no other meaningful definition of "race" in that context otherwise, because using the biological defintion there would be no different races of humans.
    Did you never before come across words that change their meaning depending on context?
    Although I do not agree with the definition
    a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.
    in the way that just sharing one of those things is enough to make people belong to a race, I have to point out that neither converting to a belief system nor being born into one constitutes any of the points above. again, i didnt like this definition because i am very wary when terms are redefined and political reasons are in play. if you dont get what i refer to here, please check out what sociology is going through and why broadening the meaning of terms that once held a more specific meaning poses a threat both to science and the society science should serve.

but because you seem particularly slow on the uptake in this matter i will go into usually unnecessary detail.

sharing a belief system does not qualify as sharing the same culture

sharing a belief system does not qualify as sharing the same history

sharing a belief system does not qualify as sharing the same language

sharing a belief system does not qualify as sharing the same ethinicity

therefore sharing a belief system does not qualify as being of the same race. but to give you an actual example, two children being born in the same place in india and having grown up immersed in the surrounding culture there will give you the same cultural background, the same history, the same language and the same ethnicity as your parents. What you get is cultural identity + nationality + ethnic heritage. That would be a theoretical 100%. Belonging to a certain faith on the other hand is 0%. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Niente. Zilch.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2016-11-29 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    How did you jump from "fair wages for their own citizens" to "illegal muslim bangladeshi residents"?
    The same way as you jumped from "... We´re talking about india." to "fair wages for their own citizens"

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post

I am sorry where in Christianity is there room for positive interpretation? After all you are supposed to kill non-virgin women.

Deuteronomy 22:13–21

Explain how you do a positive interpretation of that?
    The bible is the work of flawed mortal men that wrote down stories of events that were passed on for sometimes several generations through word of mouth, by revered but equaly flawed mortal men. The bible as a whole has no claim to be the direct word of god himself, even if some of its authors put forth stronger claims than others.
    The emphasis isnt on the literal word, but on the broader meaning of the story. If you covet your neighbors pretty boyfriend you arent in literal violation of the rule, but still in every aspect in violation of its meaning.

In your particular example the passages are from the old testament. The covenant, the promise between the creator and his people isnt invalidated by the birth and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, it is superceeded, as apostle Paul tells us.

Which is an answer about 1 google search away, even for those that are not part of the christian faith. Really why do you always argue that dishonestly?

15+ Year Old Account
    The same way as you jumped from "... We´re talking about india." to "fair wages for their own citizens"
    Since when is india known for its fair wages?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by BourneWolf View Post
    Ironic you you wont answer my questions under the pretense of "being baited" but then asking questions of your own in the exact same response.
    It's not the exact same response. Because that response is to a different person, on a different topic, where we're all actually still debating the same thing. It's perfectly consistent with what I stated I was going to do earlier.

And seriously, take your internet win points and stop wasting my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What's the punishment for apostasy and heresy again?
    More aptly, how does 'takfir' work again?
    How is this remotely relevant to what I said?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    How is this remotely relevant to what I said?
    In Islamic law, takfir or takfeer (Arabic: *ك*ير‎‎ takfīr) refers to the practice of excommunication, one Muslim declaring another Muslim as kafir (non-believer). The act which precipitates takfir is termed the mukaffir. An ill-founded takfir accusation is a major forbidden act.
    That's why its relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    That's why its relevant.
    Again, how is this relevant to the assertion that Islam is monolithic and static.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Static" is a pretty good description about the system of beliefs created by Muhammed. As for "monolistic", that's not even a real word.
    Yes, that second one should be "monolithic" and you still didn't get the point. Intentionally I'd guess, given your avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    therefore sharing a belief system does not qualify as being of the same race. but to give you an actual example, two children being born in the same place in india and having grown up immersed in the surrounding culture there will give you the same cultural background, the same history, the same language and the same ethnicity as your parents. What you get is cultural identity + nationality + ethnic heritage.In some cases it does, in others it does not.
    That would be a theoretical 100%. Belonging to a certain faith on the other hand is 0%. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Niente. Zilch.
    No. I do not agree.
    Faith certainly plays a role.

Thumbs up

good for India

Deleted
    Yes, that second one should be "monolithic" and you still didn't get the point. Intentionally I'd guess, given your avatar.
    Maybe you shouldn't use words that are too big for your cognitive capabilities. By misspelling it several times in a row -- meaning it's not even an accidental typo -- you sound like the guy who tried to look smart by writing about Nietzsche, but forgot the z every single time.

Fyi, I did guess you ment "monolithic", but merely wanted to underline your hilariously humongous ignorance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Again, how is this relevant to the assertion that Islam is monolithic and static.
    you don't see how the penalty for new thinking is death has some effect on new thinking?

Since when is india known for its fair wages?
    Yeah..... that was my whole point. GG

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah..... that was my whole point. GG
    What the hell? You think some illegals are the reason why india has no fair wages?

What the hell? You think some illegals are the reason why india has no fair wages?
    And everywhere else on Earth in the lowest working sector. Next breaking news at 5.

Deleted
    Good. Deport them all.

15+ Year Old Account
    And everywhere else on Earth in the lowest working sector. Next breaking news at 5.
    India is rated with 5 (No guarantee of rights) by the ITUC gobal index for worst countries for workers. Does that sound to you that if the illegals were gone everything would be fine?