Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    a bit of an odd question... but what is max distance? just as far away as you can get? Is there a distance cap that I can't find? I never know how far to run away.

Does the AoE hit tanks too? So we get hit with Physical + Nature and therefore maybe using Spell Reflect might mitigate some more damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    DKs are the worst tanks by miles.
    Guardian>>>>Guardian>>>>>Prot Warr/Pally>DK>Vengeance>Brewmaster.
    DK is mid tier this xpac, not the worst, not even near. Brewmasters and Vengeances are worst by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBoard View Post
    Does the AoE hit tanks too? So we get hit with Physical + Nature and therefore maybe using Spell Reflect might mitigate some more damage?
    Yes, you get hit by nature damage.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2016-11-26 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Guardian>>>>Guardian>>>>>Prot Warr/Pally>DK>Vengeance>Brewmaster.
    DK is mid tier this xpac, not the worst, not even near. Brewmasters and Vengeances are worst by far.
    Yes, you get hit by nature damage.
    I play BrM, it is not the worst. Its currently 3rd or 4th place after Prot war/Druid and possibly Paladin. Paladin is tankier but has really annoying QoL issues that Monks dont.

Prot War is the best tank, however they have almost 0 utility which leads to Guardians being favored over them in M+. Inspiring Presence means they're still the best Mythic raid tank.

DK is just a condensed pile of garbage. Gearing is a nightmare because your Mastery is useless shit, so all your gear pieces have to be Haste/Vers. Mastery/crit might as well not be on the gear. You have no mobility, you're stuck with the Paladin QoL issue where your active mitigation doesn't work if you're not in melee range, and you have the second lowest EHP of all tanks despite your main AM being self healing based.

DKs are very vulnerable to gibbing, they don't mitigate damage well and their AM buttons are a joke. LOL @ 16% bone shield for the "almost always up" AM while Warriors get 45% shield block.

Deleted
    Can we please keep this thread on Stormforged spear and not about tanks in Mythic+? My group is having an issue and people are moaning about Myhic+..

The question about spear was already answered, they're jumping onto another discussion

A Paladin with the bracers can bop at the right time and get two as well.
    But ya, this mechanic is a joke. Way too dangerous for most tanks. Gotta just have bops. We have a Paladin and demon hunter tank.
    They both use their cheat death, paladin bubbles himself, bops the other tank then I bop one and holy priest puts his cheat death on another.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

surviving the spear as a DK can be a right bitch, the first and second I can survive with the use of IBF for the first and VB for the second, the third I can barely survive with rune tap, but my health will be quite low so if I am not topped off by the time the spear land it might just about kill me even with rune tap up.

I have about 3,8-3,9 million hp fully buffed and all and with rune tap the spear will hit me for just about 3 million, which leaves quite a bit of health to be restored again before the next spear lands.

as for warriors if you can't deal with the damage through shield wall, IP or whichever else absorbs or dmg reductions warriors have, calling for externals like BoP, guardian spirit, barkskin and whatever else have you may be your safest bet.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2016-11-28 at 10:43 PM.

Anyone have a Weak Aura to make his cast bar for spear even harder to miss? As prot pally I am bubble bopping these, so I'm A-OK as long as I don't derp it up. Since that cast bar is the single most important bit of information on my screen at the time, I'd love to make it also the most prominent and noticeable. Thanks!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

as prot pally and 5 points into reduction of ardent defender CD.

1 - Spellwarding (foreb)
    2 - AD / trinket / horse (20%, coagulated shit, 1 mil mitig shield, 20%)
    3 - GoAK
    4 - Bubble (foreb)
    5 - AD / trinket / horse.
    6- externals if needed.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

We killed it this sunday with 2 prot warriors.
    They went opposite directions from eachother when one got the spear, and when he threw it, they met up in the middle again.
    So Odyn were never stationary, he were always moving, a hassle when you only have melee DPS :/

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Anyone have a Weak Aura to make his cast bar for spear even harder to miss? As prot pally I am bubble bopping these, so I'm A-OK as long as I don't derp it up. Since that cast bar is the single most important bit of information on my screen at the time, I'd love to make it also the most prominent and noticeable. Thanks!
    You just have to look at your debuff. When the spear 1 debuff runs out you ll get the hit. Doesn't need to look at cast bar.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It is actually. Each class needs a spec that works well. I think as DK you have a pretty top notch tank.
    DKs are probably the worst tanks atm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post

1 - Spellwarding (foreb)
    3 - GoAK
    4 - Bubble (foreb)
    6- externals if needed.
    Yeah I also play a prot pally and there are really no problems at all as long as the dps are alive and doing their job. We usually get 8 or 9 spears total.

Deleted
    When you're tanking boss, make sure you have a full rage bar and preferably a dragonscale proc. Then leap away and double ignore pain. The first 2 spears you shouldn't need a CD doing this.

If you have a paladin in your group you can also call for BOP during the cast.

Do the same again for later spears, but use a CD on each or call for externals.

Deleted
    The worst part about the spears is, that it's physical damage and CANNOT be blocked... unlike Cenarius spears... druids and monks are top tier for Odyn spears whith their mitigation reducing the damage from it.

As a warrior you can Last stand one, shield wall other, and then stack rage for "big" ignore pain and max range or call for some externals/ BoP and at the worst just stand on odyn and wait for battle ress :P

1 - Spellwarding (foreb)
    3 - GoAK
    4 - Bubble (foreb)
    6- externals if needed.
    Im confused, why are you popping other cds with Ardent defender? Wouldn't THAT be enough since the spear cant kill you with it up?

1 - Spellwarding (foreb)
    3 - GoAK
    4 - Bubble (foreb)
    6- externals if needed.
    When using AD just stand still next to boss and pop it with less then 6 sec on the Cast, no need for anything else, time a self heal to go off just as it lands as well.

If you don't have 5 points into the trait then just use AD to start so it iwll be up again for me. also the spear is physcial not spell damage so why would you spellward? it would do nothing to it, never used on it on the fight myself so cannot 100% confirm but bop is for physcial spellward is for magic

Personally I go

AD - Stand still
    Bop - Stand still
    Gok/Charger
    DS - Stand still
    Bol 3 shield sotr for timer/charge/hp pot if not topped off
    external Bop - Stand Still
    AD should be up again now - Stand Still
    2 Sotr/Charger/Armor Pot

Should be dead by now
    Last edited by grippo; 2016-11-29 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted

1 - Spellwarding (foreb)
    3 - GoAK
    4 - Bubble (foreb)
    6- externals if needed.
    if spellwarding works on it thats pretty BS since it's physical damage :/

Quote Originally Posted by Defmaster View Post
    You just have to look at your debuff. When the spear 1 debuff runs out you ll get the hit. Doesn't need to look at cast bar.
    When my debuff runs out I get hit, or when my debuff runs out he starts casting?
    If the debuff = casting then I can make a WA for the debuff that's prominent and hard to miss.

Thanks!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Since no one else really answered the question earlier, yes there is a max range to the "reduction" part of this ability anyway, from just judging by experience (given the tooltip says nothing) it feels about 30ish yards, after that running further doesn't help you anymore. i suspect at max it reduces damage by 200% or so, given that in heroic it hits for 16mill, reduce that by about 40-50% for passive mitigation as a tank takes it down to 8mill, then half that again for the range reduction, then reduce further with whatever cooldown, shield, blah blah you have on top of that.

In terms of the question about whether the chaining nature damage is also taken by the tank, i would have to assume not, but hell it could be possible i've never checked it myself and if that is the case then yeah throw spell reflect in as well, you could just in case since nothing else is really useful for it at that stage of the fight. But as someone said the way i do it when i know i don't have a cooldown for my next one is when i start tanking again, SB up then just start building you rage bar to near as full don't spend on anything else your healers need to fill in that job for a while, and by that time you'll be speared again and on the run then as suggested double ignore pain put a major shield up with it and hope it is enough.

Mobility: well you're a warrior, heroic leap when you can, since its not avail all the time though the best way is to pick a good player in your raid and have them stand on your pre selected escape area for each area of the room you are in (yes your raid should have one of these) and then just intercept to them each time to get the distance you need. All in all though you need your dps to finish the fight fast enough at that stage to make it less scary, you kinda don't want anymore then about 10ish spears between you and your partner before the boss is defeated.

Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Just an update to my above post, i checked my logs last week and all souces of the nature secondary effect from the spear that hits everyone in the raid hit me also, so yes you take the main spear damage and then immediately the nature after regardless of being the tank, so yes use spell reflect every time if you can on top of you other cooldowns