Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    That goes for the whole group tbh. As a guardian I have plenty of tools to reset my stacks alone most of the time, but a 4-5 sec mass stun or a vortex from party members means I barely have to do anything. The whole group benefits from it since I don't have to kite and can keep doing damage.

I like most affixes but damn pugging really puts all the extra difficulty on the tank and kinda the healer.
    Out of interest. How do you reset your stacks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    With current gear it is ezpz, did timed +15 NL 2 days ago, took 3 attempts past first boss.
    NL is one of the easiest, if not the easiest instance for necrotic.

It is all instance dependend. Enraging+Fortified in Maw of Souls sucks hard for example topped with Necrotic it is awful.

Enraging+Necrotic+Fortified in Vault of Wardens also sucks hard because of all the strong mini bosses enraging dealing insane damage.

Eye of Azhara on the other hand is pretty ok with the modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Necrotic is one of the easier affixes to deal with if the tank knows how to play his class properly.
    Um no?

Volcanic and Overflowing are certainly easier and Skittish probably as well. Necrotic and Skittish are for sure the worst tier2 affixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    you know if you can drop stacks on that boss really easily since it always TPs away
    You know there are adds? It is not that easy.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-11-29 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    NL is one of the easiest, if not the easiest instance for necrotic.

It is all instance dependend. Enraging+Fortified in Maw of Souls sucks hard for example topped with Necrotic it is awful.
    Was pretty easy to do 7-9 3chest MoS all week.

Deleted
    Was pretty easy to do 7-9 3chest MoS all week.
    7-9 is a lot different than 10+. Because Fortified stacks with Enraging and some of the mobs in MoS are stun immune and deal insane dmg when enraged.

For example the mini boss before Helya or the Lantern mob in the ship. If he drops the latern while enraged you are dead on really high m+-.

And I am talking about the modifiers in EU until today which are Enraging, Necrotic and Fortified. The minibosses in Vault of Wardens are harder than the bosses in other mythic 10s.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-11-29 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    7-9 is a lot different than 10+. Because Fortified stacks with Enraging and some of the mobs in MoS are stun immune and deal insane dmg when enraged.

For example the mini boss before Helya or the Lantern mob in the ship. If he drops the latern while enraged you are dead on really high m+-.
    Had a MoS 10 run this week where the DPS didn't know to pop CD's to kill the lantern mob.. The timer went out with that guy <.<

Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    Tried +10 EoA last night...all 3 dps around 320k on last boss two minutes into fight and still couldn't kill it.
    That's not very good DPS, guessing they are around 870-875 equipped ilvl with that DPS which is hard for a group like that

And I am talking about the modifiers in EU until today which are Enraging, Necrotic and Fortified. The minibosses in Vault of Wardens are harder than the bosses in other mythic 10s.
    I don't know how to say this more clearly - I did +15 in time, and countless 7-9 3chests this week. It was not hard with current gear.
    +10 are also easy, much easier than last few times we had this affix combo.

Deleted
    yh sure bud, feel proud

Deleted
    Gear changes a lot ye

Take a boomkin with Treants (Force of Nature talent, row 1), they aoe taunt and tank every mob for like 8-10 secs, giving enough time for any tank to lose their stacks.

Makes it absolutely trivial.

Otherwise, just stun\kite a bit when things get crazy.

Deleted
    I don't know how to say this more clearly - I did +15 in time, and countless 7-9 3chests this week. It was not hard with current gear.
    +10 are also easy, much easier than last few times we had this affix combo.
    some dungeons getting easier, some dungeons getting harder with different affixes. It is clear that better gear will help a lot. But the average player will still struggle to get a good chest tomorrow.

Furthermore we must differentiate pugs, half pugs and premade groups. I did my first +15 in a half pug a few weeks ago (oneshotted brh on +15 with sanguine overflowing tyrannical with 3mins left on 879 group avg ilvl / it was really trivial). To oneshot a +15 timerun at current affixes is nearly impossible, no matter what dungeon you rolled. Necro + Fortified are two of the three most time consuming affixes you can get.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-29 at 06:30 PM.

How do you reset the stacks as a Guardian Druid? Will ironfur and other cooldowns reset stacks?

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    How do you reset the stacks as a Guardian Druid? Will ironfur and other cooldowns reset stacks?
    You just kite...how is that even a question?

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    You just kite...how is that even a question?
    Because I read that some classes can use mitigation to reset stacks...

Out of interest. How do you reset your stacks?
    I kite mobs by slowing them with thrash. It's really easy with balance affinity + legendary wrists. Typhoon helps too. The blink talent is good as well. If you have some distance and you know they won't hit you dash in cat form helps too, especially on mobs that can't be slowed (bosses). Even something like Incapacitating Roar can buy you that extra half second you need for the stacks to reset.

Mostly I just slow them though with thrash and stay at a distance where I rarely get hit but can still reach them with balance affinity. It's mostly about slowing down the rate you gain stacks instead of having to run away from the group and kiting doing 0 dps.

Deleted
    As blood DK main:
    "na its ezpz i did +10 first day"
    Do big pulls, burst with AoE, kite the adds and do another big pull. Also AMS makes you inmune to the staks for a short while. Last week was raging+necrotic+fortified (probably the worst combo for blood dk in general) on EU and i had no problem on pushing to 12.

I think there's some pretty large tank imbalance and necrotic stands out as being really hard. 8sec instead of 10sec duration might be nice

Deleted
    Its not to strong. its to long. i would decrese duration by 5 sec. w8ting after each pull to debuff go off tank will add like 90 sec in whole dungeon. Just 90 sec of w8ting doing nothing becase u cant pull more when tank has 15% HP

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I read that some classes can use mitigation to reset stacks...
    If you can parry/dodge every attack, you can reset your stacks. That said, if you can't, you'll keep getting stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    the thing i hate about necrotic is how unfair it is to some tanks than others

bears give almost no fuck about necrotic since their active mitigation is +armor while blood dk gets totally fucked with it not just due the healing reduction complete removing their mitigation but also the damaging dot of it destroyin their bone shield

i also find kiting half of the trash in higher m+ not really that enganging
    even as a bear it gets to the point u cant, as necrotic reduces healing u take, and all mobs in the dungeon bar bosses apply it, the affix is just aids.

yes bears can take more stacks and laugh, but at 15 stacks its a fucking pain in the arse and using dash drops u out of bear form, roar is on a 2 min cd, and if dps dont know how to slow or knockback or stun mobs your screwed, i onyl do this with Typhoon talented, wtih a bookin with typhoon, and a resto druid. with the same this affix is fucking aids.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.