Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Time to imprison every SOS.
    Again, a false equivalency. An SoS is not the same as keeping classified documents on an easily accessible server. An emergency is NOT equatable to a lapse in judgement or laziness.

Where?
    Do you genuinely not know about Benghazi?

Like what trump did with the Flordia AG
    That was done 3 years ago. Not during an active election cycle. As I stated, the depth varies. It's not totally excusable, I still think it's deplorable, but it's not accepting saudi money or other forms of funds so that she would endorse them.

I don't have any evidence, so I'm just going to falsely claim intellectual superiority and run away and hide like a child
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/
    https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/

By all means, ignore them if you want to, you'd only be one of millions that ignores evidence and substitutes this reality for your own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but then this guy is president if I remember right....
    -snip
    Might actually be a contest to Putin in non-shirt wearing appeal

10+ Year Old Account

Where is he grabbin!?!?!?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I can't speak for "Trumpsters" but, from the perspective of a conservative, we don't really give a shit what he says because he has no ideology anyway and Republicans are in charge of literally everything. Some good has to come from that.

I mean, you can be damn sure they won't spend two years arguing with themselves over 2 bills that only one side voted for, that lead to their parties eventual downfall and lowest amount of power since 1920.
    Certainly, I'm sure we'll see a handful of new bills that only one side voted for, and the next flip in power will be the same BS back and forth. I really wonder how long we'll be in this rut of "strike what they did, pass bills that they will eventually strike" back-and-forth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Again, a false equivalency. An SoS is not the same as keeping classified documents on an easily accessible server. An emergency is NOT equatable to a lapse in judgement or laziness.

That was done 3 years ago. Not during an active election cycle. As I stated, the depth varies. It's not totally excusable, I still think it's deplorable, but it's not accepting saudi money or other forms of funds so that she would endorse them.

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/
    https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/
    https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/

By all means, ignore them if you want to, you'd only be one of millions that ignores evidence and substitutes this reality for your own.
    Florida AG:

He gave her money and suddenly the case is dropped
    http://fortune.com/2016/09/12/trump-...di-florida-ag/
    As close to a bribe as possible - (25k is a whole lot less than the 25 million that trump had to settle with)
    But not "endorsing him" whatever lol

Benghazi:

You're a gullible fool. Do you really believe everything Breitbart tells you?
    http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/05/...ch-hunt-video/

Accepting money from saudis:

Sure, but he's in serious debt to the Chinese which isn't much better.
    Also, not done during an election cycle, so by your own requirements, it doesn't matter.

And another person who links wikileaks without being able to provide any evidence. Such a sheep, it's sad.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-11-29 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Not a "Trumpster".. whatever that means.. Did he make a Union or something that I'm not aware of or are both sides still calling the other childish names? Like that will make people on either side ever want to collaborate.

To answer the question you kind of posed:

On the one hand you would think people (Dems and left-leaning folks in general) would be happy.
    Instead of looking it as "flip-flopping" they should be saying "Wow, he changed his stance on a terrible platform to a better one that I can agree with. YAY!"

But they aren't. Everything Trump related has to be portrayed in a negative light to try and make his Presidency illegitimate. It's the exact reason he won, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Certainly, I'm sure we'll see a handful of new bills that only one side voted for, and the next flip in power will be the same BS back and forth. I really wonder how long we'll be in this rut of "strike what they did, pass bills that they will eventually strike" back-and-forth.
    Yeah but, the Republicans wont' argue with themselves over the bills for two years. They likely have learned from the colossal failure of the Democrats blowing one of the largest super majorities in US history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Not a "Trumpster".. whatever that means.. Did he make a Union or something that I'm not aware of or are both sides still calling the other childish names? Like that will make people on either side ever want to collaborate.

On the one hand you would think people (Dems and left-leaning folks in general) would be happy.
    Instead of looking it as "flip-flopping" they should be saying "Wow, he changed his stance on a terrible platform to a better one that I can agree with. YAY!"

But they aren't. Everything Trump related has to be portrayed in a negative light to try and make his Presidency illegitimate. It's the exact reason he won, sadly.
    If they behave like this for four years, the guy will get elected again. People are tired of the games played that insinuate that we are stupid. We are not.

I mean, with all of Trump's baggage, and he still gets elected easily, one would think that sends a message to the left that we are tired of their game. But, no, they think it means we are all racist like they accused everyone of before they lost. The Democrats will lose and lose and lose until they stop trying to play word games that we would have to be stupid to fall for.

The point is that the people that supported him were lied to, and continue to give him a pass on it even now. Yes, we are happy, or at least cautiously relieved, that he's backtracking on what he promised, but we also know what a massive liar he is, so we'll see. That's not what this is about, though. We're mainly laughing at his cultists who are jumping through mental hoops to spin this as a positive.

Also, the right keeps saying that the 'negative light' (things like truthfully repeating the things he said and did) were why he won, but you don't have any justification for that beyond bias and wishful thinking. Trump did poorly, and Clinton did worse. Low enthusiasm for Clinton - for a variety of reasons, both legitimate and not - are what shaped this election. I'll keep saying it: Trump didn't win, Clinton lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm not a Trumpster, but the politico list you attached is dishonest at best and a raging piece of liberal shit-prop at worst.

So it is the facts in other words gotcha.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    PFC Ben G. Hazi? Never forget.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So it is the facts in other words gotcha.
    How do you arrive at a factual flip flop when the man has yet to actually receive the power to act? I'm curious what sort of mental gymnastics this entails.

I don't see what the problem with this election was. We got to choose between a woman who killed a Goon and got away with it or a man backed by a chaos god. There really weren't any bad choices this year.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    he still gets elected easily
    Yes, he crushed it in the popular vote, and all those huge margins in the swing states, right? #bigly
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Yes, he crushed it in the popular vote, and all those huge margins in the swing states, right? #bigly
    Yeah, you are right. My advice to Democrats is change noting about your policies, and in fact, double down on the race baiting. It's working great.

However, you DO KNOW that your party got completely crushed nationwide, right? The Republicans ran the most ridiculous candidate in history, and not only did he win, but they won in nearly every race across the nation. I mean, yeah, double down on your politics Democrats. Raise the ante and let's see if you can go the way of the Whigs.

Also, the term is Big League, not bigly. Get a fucking clue. rofl..

Yeah, you are right. My advice to Democrats is change noting about your policies, and in fact, double down on the race baiting. It's working great.

However, you DO KNOW that your party got completely crushed nationwide, right? The Republicans ran the most ridiculous candidate in history, and not only did he win, but they won in nearly every race across the nation. I mean, yeah, double down on your politics Democrats. Raise the ante and let's see if you can go the way of the Whigs.

What needs changing is democrats has to ditch the wall street connection once and for all, they need to become the party that actually stands wioth the workers at all turns, and hillary was a terrible candidate far to conservative to rally the base to show up for election.

How do you arrive at a factual flip flop when the man has yet to actually receive the power to act? I'm curious what sort of mental gymnastics this entails.
    It doesn't matter whether he's in office or not. What matters is that the man has conned his supporters by telling them exactly what they wanted to hear, when they wanted to hear it. Trump isn't a politician, he's a salesman. It's been his business for his entire adult life to promise the moon, so long as it gets him the sale. Literally watch or read anything about Donald Trump from the last 30 years and it's plain as day that this is who he is.

I'd like to think this has been pointed out in the thread already, but there's a difference between lofty campaign promises that will be difficult/impossible to carry out, but a candidate still intends to try, and lofty campaign promises that are impossible/idiotic that were never real to begin with. Trump falls in the latter category, solidly.

Customer: "I'd like the product to consist of 7 red lines, all perpendicular to one another, and all lines drawn with a blue pen."
    Salesman: "You got it, we'll make that happen, just sign on the dotted line."
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2016-11-29 at 05:58 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    The point is that the people that supported him were lied to, and continue to give him a pass on it even now. Yes, we are happy, or at least cautiously relieved, that he's backtracking on what he promised, but we also know what a massive liar he is, so we'll see. That's not what this is about, though. We're mainly laughing at his cultists who are jumping through mental hoops to spin this as a positive.

Also, the right keeps saying that the 'negative light' (things like truthfully repeating the things he said and did) were why he won, but you don't have any justification for that beyond bias and wishful thinking. Trump did poorly, and Clinton did worse. Low enthusiasm for Clinton - for a variety of reasons, both legitimate and not - are what shaped this election. I'll keep saying it: Trump didn't win, Clinton lost.
    I agree with what you are saying. I guess I just assume that the things a candidate says during the election cycle are just words to get votes. Every politician in history has been like that. Obama said he'd be the most transparent administration... I mean come on, no reason to even go into that lie. Same with Bush, Clinton, etc, etc.

That said, I hate Trump. He scares me, not because of the reason a young liberal would have you believe. But because he has ZERO experience and seems to change his mind in a split-second if someone he trusts (Ivanka for example) disagrees with him.

10+ Year Old Account

Which is strange, considering the Democrats have greater popular support and the fact that progressive policies have done very well at state level initiatives.

It's almost as if a botched and antiquated electoral system that was never intended to be democratic fails miserably at actually reflecting public opinion. Funny that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    What needs changing is democrats has to ditch the wall street connection once and for all, they need to become the party that actually stands wioth the workers at all turns, and hillary was a terrible candidate far to conservative to rally the base to show up for election.
    What the working class wants is not necessarily what is best for everyone but the working class. This is one of the reasons the ALP in Australia is having such huge demographic issues.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes, Trump barely winning the contested states and the democrats picking up 6-7 house seats and gaining 3 seats in the senate is "getting completely crushed".

Note: before you nit-pick, I'm not saying the democrats did well, but they were far from "crushed"

I agree with what you are saying. I guess I just assume that the things a candidate says during the election cycle are just words to get votes. Every politician in history has been like that. Obama said he'd be the most transparent administration... I mean come on, no reason to even go into that lie. Same with Bush, Clinton, etc, etc.

That said, I hate Trump. He scares me, not because of the reason a young liberal would have you believe. But because he has ZERO experience and seems to change his mind in a split-second if someone he trusts (Ivanka for example) disagrees with him.
    Well, the thing about campaign promises is that we, the people, can and should hold our candidates to at least trying to uphold them. If Obama campaigned on closing Gitmo and then, before his inauguration, said 'changed my mind, gonna cram it full', he would have gotten a hell of a lot of flak from the left, and rightly so. That's not happening here. If the campaign promises are completely unreliable, then we have no idea how a given candidate will act in office and we might as well flip a damn coin.

(Also, young liberal? Assuming much?)