Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why should I try to educate you? The very last thing you'll do is consider new information that contradicts your internal narrative.
    Tell us how nobody has ID, even though they need it to go to doctor, to drive, to buy alcohol, to buy cigarettes, to buy guns and ammo, and to get in to clubs. Then tell us how nobody can afford them, even though they cost less than $10 in the most expensive state, and are free in most. Then tell us how voter fraud doesn't happen, even though there is no mechanism by which to check, since no ID is needed to vote.

Most of us do get it - it's just a shame when others can't. If you can learn something new, we'd be all ears - but all evidence points to the contrary. Very sad story.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing in this statement, except for Trump being a rich guy, is true - just fyi. Statements like this are precisely why Trump won - ignorance and feels or facts and reals. MAGA!
    Ignorance? You treat politics like sports, you root for a team instead of actually caring about what happens. Your team lost so you're depressed and spamming the forums. Nobody likes Clinton as a person, nobody likes Trump as a person. If you like either of them, it shows true ignorance. Trump will just continue Obama's policies, and the democrat after Trump will continue Trump's policies. repubs and dems are two sides of the same coin to keep the illusion of democracy while the same people stay in power.
    Last edited by Semune; 2016-11-29 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Are you just going to ignore what I was replying to?

If Tijuana can baselessy ignore Californians, then everyone else can baselessly ignore under/unemployed midwesterners. Or are you saying that calling someone un or underemployed is an insult? Didn't realize that your SJW feelings could be hurt.
    Tijuana shouldn't have done it, and neither should you. You're both partisans drunk on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Semune View Post
    Ignorance? You treat politics like sports, you root for a team instead of actually caring about what happens. Your team lost so you're depressed and spamming the forums. Nobody likes Clinton as a person, nobody likes Trump as a person. If you like either of them, it shows true ignorance. Trump will just continue Obama's policies, and the democrat after Trump will continue Trump's policies. repubs and dems are two sides of the same coin to keep the illusion of democracy while the same people stay in power.
    Michael Savage calls US politics "two card monty" and "the shell game with no pea". I think "two sides of the same coin" fits pretty well with those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Are you just going to ignore what I was replying to?

If Tijuana can baselessy ignore Californians, then everyone else can baselessly ignore under/unemployed midwesterners. Or are you saying that calling someone un or underemployed is an insult? Didn't realize that your SJW feelings could be hurt.
    Hey, my attack on Californians was NOT baseless. It's based on the fact they are literally the worst humans alive, in any country, on any planet, in any galaxy. =p

Deleted
    Most of us do get it - it's just a shame when others can't. If you can learn something new, we'd be all ears - but all evidence points to the contrary. Very sad story.
    Guys, here you can see the poor attempt at deflection of an exposed bullshitter. Notice his usage of him being "all ears" even though I asked him to give examples. *pets the shills head* Good boy.

[Infracted]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Tell us how nobody has ID, even though they need it to go to doctor, to drive, to buy alcohol, to buy cigarettes, to buy guns and ammo, and to get in to clubs. Then tell us how nobody can afford them, even though they cost less than $10 in the most expensive state, and are free in most. Then tell us how voter fraud doesn't happen, even though there is no mechanism by which to check, since no ID is needed to vote.
    Voter ID laws were never about mandating that you have some form of ID. They were about enforcing a particular type of ID, typically with the intent to disenfranchise minority groups who were less likely to have that particular ID.

Many people don't have a driver's license, and can do all the above that you mentioned without the particular ID that voter ID laws would have required them to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Voter ID laws were never about mandating that you have some form of ID. They were about enforcing a particular type of ID, typically with the intent to disenfranchise minority groups who were less likely to have that particular ID.

Many people don't have a driver's license, and can do all the above that you mentioned without the particular ID that voter ID laws would have required them to have.
    I agree with this, but I do also believe you do need some form of credible identification for voting, or like as claimed in 2008 2012 and 2016 we seem to have illegals and dead people voting. But yes, it shouldn't be a gauntlet of hell to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Trodden View Post
    I agree with this, but I do also believe you do need some form of credible identification for voting, or like as claimed in 2008 2012 and 2016 we seem to have illegals and dead people voting. But yes, it shouldn't be a gauntlet of hell to get it.
    Those claims have nothing to back them up.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I mean, now you are just putting your own spin in to words and implying it as fact. Why do you think we are dumb enough to fall for that? The intent of voter ID laws, is to ensure a real person is casting every vote, and only one vote is being cast per person. It's not hard to understand.

There was a time when Democrats were capable of articulating why their position was superior. Now they just cry race on EVERY SINGLE ISSUE.

This is why you lost. This is why you will lose the next election. If Trump becomes the first president in the modern era to gain seats in the following mid-term, maybe then Democrats will begin to realize how tired this shit is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Those claims have nothing to back them up.
    Aye, they are just claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, now you are just putting your own spin in to words and implying it as fact. Why do you think we are dumb enough to fall for that? The intent of voter ID laws, is to ensure a real person is casting every vote, and only one vote is being cast per person. It's not hard to understand.
    It's not, hard to understand. It's just also largely not true. For instance, the North Carolina voter ID law that was struck down for being deliberately discriminatory; they had even done a study to identify which IDs were least likely to be owned by minority groups, to use those as the voter IDs in question; http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us...provision.html

The Wisconsin voter ID law that was struck down for disenfranchising people without demonstrating any actual fraud it would combat; http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/p...laws/87803408/

I'm not making this stuff up; it's right there in the judicial decisions. This isn't "spin".

If you passed a voter ID law that also gave out free IDs to all citizens, readily available all across the State, nobody would have an issue with that.

Jill's running out of money

"Dr. Jill Stein‏ @DrJillStein
    Yesterday, we found out Wisconsin will charge us $3.5M—an outrageous increase from the initial estimate of $1.1M for #Recount2016."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to me - read the evidence that's already on hand. Bush2 did a comprehensive study on the matter.

You have proven to be a more than respectable researcher on a variety of issues - and quite knowledgeable about countless others. The fact that you don't know the most basic of information on voter ID, voter fraud, and voter suppression - and know the difference, is mildly disappointing.

Summary (this is just the top of the issue - for your information, so to speak)

Voter ID - issue is poor people not being able to get state ID's for the sole purpose of voting. Very difficult to get in many areas because of open/closed times (only M-F, no Sat/Sun, etc.).

Voter Fraud - almost non-existent in reality. GOP pushes issue because they know it will categorically disenfranchise poor/minority voters, most of whom vote Dem. This is why you don't see the Dem pushing for voter ID/Fraud.

Voter Suppression - closing of voting centers in poor/minority areas, changing voter laws to prevent same-day registration, early voting, early open voting centers, etc.

Again, information for you to look into, not to argue with me about. If you really care about the issue, of course.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Semune View Post
    Speaking of rants . . . . I'm not sure why you think politics is like a sport - that's just a ridiculous analogy. I love your love-it-or-leave-it statements of "either agree with me or you're an idiot". Great opening for a dialogue.

And "Trump with just continue Obama's policies" - talk about ignorance . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

It's not, hard to understand. It's just also largely not true. For instance, the North Carolina voter ID law that was struck down for being deliberately discriminatory; they had even done a study to identify which IDs were least likely to be owned by minority groups, to use those as the voter IDs in question; http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/30/us...provision.html

The Wisconsin voter ID law that was struck down for disenfranchising people without demonstrating any actual fraud it would combat; http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/p...laws/87803408/

I'm not making this stuff up; it's right there in the judicial decisions. This isn't "spin".

If you passed a voter ID law that also gave out free IDs to all citizens, readily available all across the State, nobody would have an issue with that.
    Thank you for saying it better than me. The North Carolina example is a perfect illustration of why this is a GOP issue, and not an actual issue.

That's exactly how it works in my state. I assure you people still took issue. I don't know why you would assume that people are reasonable. They are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of rants . . . . I'm not sure why you think politics is like a sport - that's just a ridiculous analogy. I love your love-it-or-leave-it statements of "either agree with me or you're an idiot". Great opening for a dialogue.

And "Trump with just continue Obama's policies" - talk about ignorance . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for saying it better than me. The North Carolina example is a perfect illustration of why this is a GOP issue, and not an actual issue.
    For the record, I have personally committed voter fraud. Ego, it does in fact exist. I voted twice for Bob Dole. I'm pretty sure he had his home state in the bag though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the record, I have personally committed voter fraud. Ego, it does in fact exist. I voted twice for Bob Dole. I'm pretty sure he had his home state in the bag though.
    With all due respect, you're not understanding the issue of voter fraud.

(I'm not sure admitting a felony is the best idea in the world)

With all due respect, you're not understanding the issue of voter fraud.
    Since when do you show me respect??

Please, enlighten me how I have it all wrong, and I'm really just a closet racist or whatever. Please, tell me how if I only subscribed to your ideology, I would be able to comprehend these difficult concepts.

This mentality is why you Democrats lost, and why you will never win again until you change.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since when do you show me respect??

Please, enlighten me how I have it all wrong, and I'm really just a closet racist or whatever. Please, tell me how if I only subscribed to your ideology, I would be able to comprehend these difficult concepts.

This mentality is why you Democrats lost, and why you will never win again until you change.
    We gave you some links and other information about the subject matter. You are, at least in my eyes, obviously bright and well read. I'm not sure why you aren't showing your usual intelligence on this matter.

Voter ID/Fraud/Suppression is entirely a poor/minority issue fabricated by the GOP. Bush2 did a comprehensive study on the matter and came to basically the same conclusion. Voter Fraud doesn't exist.

We gave you some links and other information about the subject matter. You are, at least in my eyes, obviously bright and well read. I'm not sure why you aren't showing your usual intelligence on this matter.

Voter ID/Fraud/Suppression is entirely a poor/minority issue fabricated by the GOP. Bush2 did a comprehensive study on the matter and came to basically the same conclusion. Voter Fraud doesn't exist.
    I mean, if it doesn't exist then why the resistance? It's not like the Democrats are adverse to making laws for their own sake. And it'll put this argument in the dirt once and for all, ending an incredibly racist line of argument from the right.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I mean, if it doesn't exist then why the resistance? It's not like the Democrats are adverse to making laws for their own sake. And it'll put this argument in the dirt once and for all, ending an incredibly racist line of argument from the right.
    You should read through at least the past couple of pages on this thread to get caught up. Voter Fraud doesn't exist, but Voter Suppression does - which is caused when trying to "prevent" Voter Fraud. Voter ID laws are the mechanism. Exdus linked two pointed articles on the matter of Voter Suppression and how it's pretty much a mechanism of the GOP to prevent poor/minority populations from voting.