Thread: Melees ruin pvp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yet it's been World of Casters for the past 10+ years.

Melee's good for 1 expansion and shit hits the fan.

LUL
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-11-29 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Ask trump to make casters great again
    Casters seem to do fine in PVP. Most BGs I am in have casters as top dps. If you don't believe me just do as Clinton and use Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

LUL

caster that know how to play can still own, just takes work now - like it always shouldve...
    but seriously has no one played against a lock or priest yet all xpac - as they still kick ass. (Penance and drain life are cool well designed abilities).

i play resto druid and mw monk pretty much all the time. dont have any problems at all with melees. i have my /spit, /rofl macro i spam at them as I kite them all over the map.

HA! OP seems to just make these threads to whine and ask for nerfs. I have played against plenty of casters (mage, lock, priest) that hold their own and are able to win. I think the problem is you are bias and don't think melee should be viable unless accompanied by a ranged. If that is the case then why would anyone take a melee? If you can accomplish the same thing with range/range? This guy is unreal and it makes me pretty happy to see he is still in here whining about melee classes.

Quote from other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    melee cleaves should not be viable comps at all, they are inherently brainless, range/melee/heal or range/range/heal should be the only viable comps, I know it sounds unfair but it really isn't, in pvp SKILL should decide the games, melee cleaves do not require skill
    If melee/melee is not viable then why would it be fair to have range/range be viable?

How ridiculous is this guy?!?!?

Deleted
    Started doing arenas this week as unholy, been waiting for this for 2-3 years to finally be unholy again. Loved it in cata and mop.

You know what the hardest comp was that I met? Resto, Affli, Shadow priest.

Learn do play is all I can say, caster comps are nasty especially the dotters. I do think the uptime of a few classes is really too strong. I see my ele shaman friend having trouble with ww monks and demon hunters. But I've also seen elemental shamans kick butts. So I don't think it's as bad as people say it is. Not at all.
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2016-11-29 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    I do think that the problem lies with Blizzard adding melee classes every expansion and never caster classes, it isn't as bad getting a melee on you once in a while but when 3 melees just sit on you every time you spawn it gets frustrating for the few casters.

I can't enjoy the pvp anymore. Playing a melee is pure frustration. I wanna have fun pvping but I can't, they ruin it for me.

You only get cced non stop, stunned, rooted whatever. You are not allowed to play your character.

The worst offenders are mages, I mean you've got to be kidding me. It's simply no fun going into the Arena and spending half of the time polymorphed, rooted and getting the shit beaten out of me. It's worse in battlegrounds when 3 or more focus you.

They gotta do something about this. Now. Not in five months or in the next expansion.

No time like the present, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure but only when my warrior can finally 1v1 mages. Especially Frost mages.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I play a feral druid, and priests are one class I simply won't tangle with. You jump them, throw all your bleeds up, then you watch them bubble and absorb it all, or dispersion, or send you running in fear. You come back from the fear to see their health bar still at 100% despite all your bleeds up, then they simply melt you while you desperately try anything to make their health bar move.
    Don't give up fella, you can bite, chew, and claw my priest all you want, it is Holy and one interrupt on 99% of my spells (1% = Mind Control) belong to the Holy spell school. I literally can't do shit but spam Renew and Holy Words (which never get their cooldowns reduced because I can't cast Smite, Heal, Flash Heal, or Prayer of Healing). I am being forced to play Discipline or Shadow in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post
    bet you werent complaining when casters were gods
    Lemme guess you play something like mage or Spriest
    always seem to do nothing but whine while still being a top 3 class
    You mean 3.3? That was long time ago and it's not like melee were hurting back then with ArP getting out of control either. And your claim about Mages and SPriests, as @Geldor already said, is gibberish.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-29 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I can't enjoy the pvp anymore. Playing a caster is pure frustration. I wanna have fun pvping but I can't, they ruin it for me.

You only get trained non stop, stunned, kicked whatever. You are not allowed to play your character.

The worst offenders are WW monks, I mean you've got to be kidding me. It's simply no fun going into the Arena and spending half of the time stunned and getting the shit beaten out of me. It's worse in battlegrounds when 3 or more jump you.

They gotta do something about this. Now. Not in five months or in the next expansion.

No time like the present, Blizzard.
    If you didn't want the shit beaten out of you, shouldn't have picked such a fairy class. I mean my ability states Execute, not Ball Tickle.

Also, idk what caster you play, but Warlocks dunk the living shit out of Melees, root the living shit out of everything every millisecond, have to cast nothing and still dunk fools, frost and fire mages get dunks too, also 2 blinks w shimmer to get out of stuns. I really don't even understand. Are you mad bcuz a DK, and DH can wreck your shit? Well, we're all sad about that ok. Even Melees.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    should i start laughing at you now or later?
    Given how melee dominate top PvP specs in Legion as they did in the last 3-4 expansions, later.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should you be able to survive 1v3 anyways? Name one other class that can beat those odds. Not survive for a bit, not take one of them out before they go down but actually take all 3 out?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Easiest shit to play in this MMO tbh, also, cry more and get back to me when ranged had it good last expansion and other times.
    Yeah, melee with all their gap closers, CC breaks, magic/DoT immunity CDs, 50% snares that effectively last forever, interrupts, silences, knockdowns, stuns and in few cases CD stacking despite it being pruned (since solving CD stacking was one the design goals of Legion) from all casters but Ele (which is garbage anyway) are extremely hard to play in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Wizards are good in BGs, Melee is good in arena. That's how it should work. That's how it works.
    Considering how PvP is first and foremost balanced around arena, yeah, no, it's not how it should work in the slightest.

And hopefully that's how it'll continue to work, because I'm still having flashbacks to MoP locks and eles. You couldnt even get near the f'ckers as melee, and if you did they had 10000 ways to heal / cc / kite you, then just murder you with a lucky proc.
    Warlocks kited you in MoP? With one? CoEx that had moderate CD and pisspoor duration in PvP? 45 sec Mortal Coil? 30 sec short stun? Fear that was countered by at least 1/3rd of the melee, including your Warrior?

Game is better when melee / triple dps are strong because it's more fun.
    Totes. Especially with them still having interrupts and silences while disarm was first removed altogether for an expansion and then made a comeback only for melee.

Does it take less skill? That's debatable. Does it take much skill to press polymorph / fear and then nuke something else? I wouldn't say so. Now, I may be biased because I mained warrior / DK since tbc, but I do think wizards are fine. I've lost more games to good mages / warlocks than I have to melee.

Emphasis on 'good'. It's common knowledge that there's may bad mages / locks / druids who just got used to facerolling in MoP and WoD and can't comprehend being balanced any more.
    Warrior/DK talking about balanced, that's cute. Frost DKs and Arms are top DPS right now purely by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

LUL
    Yeah, melee got only one good expansion, right. Them dominating the ladders and most popular PvP specs since Cata without interruption doesn't count, because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Sure but only when my warrior can finally 1v1 mages. Especially Frost mages.
    Melee vs Caster balance shouldn't revolve around Mages. Blizzard admitted about Frost/Melee arms race all the way back in Cata (or maybe even WotLK) design summary and how them continuing to add thematic slowing abilities each expansion made them impossible to balance in PvP and required giving melee more and more tools to catch up with them because having a hard counter like that was bad design. They toned them down a bit eventually and increased mobility of other casters, but mobility of other casters was rolled back in WoD and Legion while Mage and melee mobility is still fine and dandy, basically recreating design clusterfuck from a decade ago.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-11-29 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    ) but i doubt someone who just started a game should loose in 100% cases.
    Thats is exactly what should happen, 100% of the time if they are up against someone who played for awhile. You play, you git gud and then you start winning.

Otherwise you get hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    If you didn't want the shit beaten out of you, shouldn't have picked such a fairy class. I mean my ability states Execute, not Ball Tickle.

Also, idk what caster you play, but Warlocks dunk the living shit out of Melees, root the living shit out of everything every millisecond, have to cast nothing and still dunk fools, frost and fire mages get dunks too, also 2 blinks w shimmer to get out of stuns. I really don't even understand. Are you mad bcuz a DK, and DH can wreck your shit? Well, we're all sad about that ok. Even Melees.
    Warlocks can root only once every 12 (before haste) seconds and only as Destro which most certainly has to cast. Mages don't have a stun break when they take Shimmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The op seemed to have misspelled "stat number baseline that they pulled out of their ass and with no way to customize it" wrong. It still feels awful to lose 20% haste as shadow just because i'm in a bg/arena. Wpvp might be "unbalanced" but feels a million times better because of actual stat customization.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Warlocks kited you in MoP? With one? CoEx that had moderate CD and pisspoor duration in PvP? 45 sec Mortal Coil? 30 sec short stun? Fear that was countered by at least 1/3rd of the melee, including your Warrior?
    Warlocks didn't have to kite. They just stood there and killed you, while you blew cooldowns and tickled them. Is that what you call 'balanced'? Because that just proves my point.