Quote Originally Posted by Zrah View Post
    I think legacy should be done on current patch but the servers would be capped to lvl 60 and downscale mobs from current lvl 80 naxx to 60 and place it in plaguelands.
    You should be able to access your Legion account mounts, transmogs, heirlooms and pets.

They could sustain it by adding the Thunderfury, Sulfuras, Atiesh drop pieces into ingame shop. I think then everyone would be happy you gets slightly remade 60 content with all vanilla bugs fixed, and it would be self sufficient aswell.
    Nobody is going to play that, that's for sure.

Players can have most of what you are talking about right now on live servers - just stop experience after you get to 60. Not many raid teams wanting to raid level 60 raids, eh, same for BGs? Just a couple of guilds per region.

I get that some of the appeal would be recovered if level 60s were made the biggest kids on the block on their own server, but I don't think that's a lot of appeal. It is going to live or die by gameplay and lasting goals - which aren't there, else we'd see more than a few guilds per region pursuing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    ^

Also " WE WANT THE OLD VANILLA HURR DURR"

Never done AQ or NAXX

Just BWL until BroodLord

kk
    I never did Naxx, AQ and BWL and this is one of the reason I would play on an old vanilla hurr durr... I really don't get your point...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I never did Naxx, AQ and BWL and this is one of the reason I would play on an old vanilla hurr durr... I really don't get your point...
    This is probably the alt account of someone that has been emotionally scarred in this 2000 page discussion. So don't waste your time bro.

Deleted
    its clear to see that the pattern that interest in legion is fading fast almost at the same rate as WoD, It started off good, people got to max level, saw all the content and got bored, very similar to the last 3 expansions blizzard has done, the game is simply too easy and casual now to be taken seriously, if a well made MMO hit the market right now it would kill off world of warcraft completley.

Only its very own game can save it at this point. wow vanilla. and argue with me all you want, deny me all you want, state empty facts all you want, the simple fact is the current game is not as good as it used to be and wow really is dying now.

We thought we did, and we did.

<video deleted>

[Infracted: Video tributes to private servers are outside the scope of what is allowed on the site. "WoW is dying" is not really allowed either but the infraction is for the video. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-29 at 05:53 PM.

The game has a bunch of core design problems but easy and casual are towards the bottom of that list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    its clear to see that the pattern that interest in legion is fading fast almost at the same rate as WoD, It started off good, people got to max level, saw all the content and ot bored, very similar to the last 3 expansions blizzard has done, the game is simply too easy and casual now to be taken seriously, if a well made MMO hit the market right now it would kill off world of warcraft completley

Only its very own game can save it at this point. wow vanilla. and argue with me all you want, deny me all you want, state empty facts all you want, the simple fact is the current game is not as good as it used to be and wow really is dying now.
    I don't agree that a good MMO will kill off WoW. There are good MMOs, but people are so invested in WoW that they will never leave
    Even though I quit retail, I still want to play the game, albeit on a legacy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    its clear to see that the pattern that interest in legion is fading fast almost at the same rate as WoD, It started off good, people got to max level, saw all the content and got bored, very similar to the last 3 expansions blizzard has done, the game is simply too easy and casual now to be taken seriously, if a well made MMO hit the market right now it would kill off world of warcraft completley.

Only its very own game can save it at this point. wow vanilla. and argue with me all you want, deny me all you want, state empty facts all you want, the simple opinionis the current game is not as good as it used to be and wow really is dying now.

We thought we did, and we did.
    Not many views on that video. 38,000. Also fixed a bit of your statement for you

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not many views on that video. 38,000. Also fixed a bit of your statement for you
    Don't bother replying to him. He's just trying to bait people into attacking him by posting what he posts, blatantly ignoring the forum rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Don't bother replying to him. He's just trying to bait people into attacking him by posting what he posts, blatantly ignoring the forum rules.
    im blocking you because every single post you make is anti legacy and hostile towards me, i dont need pathetic people like you on this forum, goodbye.

Moderation note: Don't insult other users {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-29 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    This is probably the alt account of someone that has been emotionally scarred in this 2000 page discussion. So don't waste your time bro.
    Only scarred are you pro legacy blind people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    So ask Blizzard to make TW Raid, you could get a glance of those raid even at 110 if tuned properly. (BTW naxx was even in woltk, a former shadow of itself tbh)

I dont really like the idea of making people play vanilla raid for a simple reason, after 12 years the player base , and you cant deny, has become pretty "need istant gratification" or "1 whipe = everybody left"

and the idea of see this kind of player doing MC BWL NAXX OR AQ just makes me shiver.

Somebody recall the MC Raid during WOD MC event? That was probably the appetizer

You get it now?
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-11-29 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrah View Post
    I think legacy should be done on current patch but the servers would be capped to lvl 60 and downscale mobs from current lvl 80 naxx to 60 and place it in plaguelands.
    You should be able to access your Legion account mounts, transmogs, heirlooms and pets.

They could sustain it by adding the Thunderfury, Sulfuras, Atiesh drop pieces into ingame shop. I think then everyone would be happy you gets slightly remade 60 content with all vanilla bugs fixed, and it would be self sufficient aswell.
    Hell no, the current talents would be broken at level 60. And it would be far easier to do everything.
    Vanilla players dont want easy... we want it the way it was, tedious, slow and rewarding.

It would take more reverse engineering than just putting back the old vanilla... since theres already private servers with pretty good vanilla experience.

Transmog shouldnt be a thing either, wearing the gear you get is what was trademark in vanilla... the better gear you had, the cooler you look.

Coming from a player who has significant trouble building transmog set that he likes... its so annoying im never satisfied.
    (thankfully i dont change mog once a week like some of my guildies)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Speaking of whether they should or shouldn't do classic servers or whatever.

They won't do classic servers until they stand on solid ground with Legion. Guaranteed (and makes total sense).

And they don't know yet if they stand on solid ground with Legion. The inspiration boost from Blizzcon is ending, people are starting to lose interest.

They really have to issue 7.1.5 soon (December for sure).

I suspect the ground will continue to be relatively shaky for quite some time, so I guess we won't see *any* news regarding classic servers at all in the next year.
    Hey look there is already a downhill after the usual early burst of any xpac, THIS GAME I DYING!11

Also nice time gap 18-22 like wow is open only 4 hours per day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Hell no, the current talents would be broken at level 60. And it would be far easier to do everything.
    Vanilla players dont want easy... we want it the way it was, tedious, slow and rewarding.

It would take more reverse engineering than just putting back the old vanilla... since theres already private servers with pretty good vanilla experience.

Transmog shouldnt be a thing either, wearing the gear you get is what was trademark in vanilla... the better gear you had, the cooler you look.

Coming from a player who has significant trouble building transmog set that he likes... its so annoying im never satisfied.
    (thankfully i dont change mog once a week like some of my guildies)
    If i recall, kungen did something like that , guild with only lvl 60 player no talent (because too op) etc

But really, blizzard could just put TW Raid from Vanilla/TBC and start to scaling all the world of azeroth because its pretty sad that a lot of early zone (vanilla/cata) are literally rotting because people rush levelling nowdays, i'm not sure but this could be pretty nice to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm replying to this just for funsies, but here we go.
    For fuck's sake, all of you stop this sort of crap and post about the topic. PM me if this isn't clear. Putting responses in the thread will also be off-topic and will be infracted as such.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-29 at 06:17 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Hey look there is already a downhill after the usual early burst of any xpac, THIS GAME I DYING!11
    If you were familiar with these graphs, you'd know that roughly talking there is a base level for each expansion. Yes, there are peaks and drop offs around major patches and most importantly around the expansion launch, but there is also a base level, or, more correct, a very slow base curve. The base curve for Cata was higher than that for MoP and the base curve for MoP was higher than that for WoD, etc.

The point of the graph I linked is to show that the activity levels in Legion might soon be near WoD levels (if they screw up - and I don't want them to screw up, but they are dangerously close - and if they continue to screw up, the levels might get *lower* than those for WoD easily). That means that despite all the good reception for Legion - which wasn't perfect, but surely good - they aren't out of the woods yet by any means. They didn't accomplish anything big. The success is not yet here, it has yet to come - if they work their asses off.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

We are not discussing the status of private illegal servers on this site {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-11-29 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you were familiar with these graphs, you'd know that roughly talking there is a base level for each expansion. Yes, there are peaks and drop offs around major patches and most importantly around the expansion launch, but there is also a base level, or, more correct, a very slow base curve. The base curve for Cata was higher than that for MoP and the base curve for MoP was higher than that for WoD, etc.

The point of the graph I linked is to show that the activity levels in Legion might soon be near WoD levels (if they screw up - and I don't want them to screw up, but they are dangerously close - and if they continue to screw up, the levels might get *lower* than those for WoD easily). That means that despite all the good reception for Legion - which wasn't perfect, but surely good - they aren't out of the woods yet by any means. They didn't accomplish anything big. The success is not yet here, it has yet to come - if they work their asses off.
    Ofc ofc

But taking those graphs now is pretty "meh" you need to take them between "day1" and first "major" patch, even if Legion doesnt seems a classic exp with major patch watching at 7.1 and 7.1.5 or 7.2

Also this graph is based on CLASS, and look the gap between MONK (rofl playing monk) and DRUID/HUNTER, no wonder that monk are below 30% when people are prob rerolling OP class or just "stall" until 7.1.5 and class change kicks in, or just OCT-NOV isnt a really nerdy period, people works/study etc etc if this kind of trend continue or WORSE during DIC-JAN, maybe we are going down.

BUT as now this exp is pretty good, looking around the forums

****** ALSO THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY THAT PEOPLE GET SICK AND BORED OF WOW (or MMO RPG) AND PREFER OTHER GAMES ******

No mmorpg rules forever.
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-11-29 at 06:33 PM.

It surprises me how much people can be against the idea of legacy servers, as I always thought that the WoW playerbase has been open for ideas to expand the franchise. Even if we get unnecesary stuff like LFR and garrisons, the usual thing we hear is ''don't like it, don't use it''. So why can't this apply for legacy servers? Atleast these servers can bring back a lot of players if done right, they don't have to maintain the servers that much other then keeping it online and they should still have the code. I wouldn't be surprised if features like pet battles garrisons took way more resources to make, and they don't exactly make WoW more popular.

And who even says that creating legacy servers takes away resources from retail? There's no way to know unless Blizzard states so, which makes me wonder if people against legacy servers would still be fighting it if they say that it won't take away any resoruces from retail.

I think that both games can perfectly co-exist with each other, considering how different they are at this point. I know from personal experience that a lot of people are interested in playing both, enjoying the games for different reasons. And if you really don't like legacy servers, then just look the other way and stop bothering the ones who do.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It surprises me how much people can be against the idea of legacy servers, as I always thought that the WoW playerbase has been open for ideas to expand the franchise. Even if we get unnecesary stuff like LFR and garrisons, the usual thing we hear is ''don't like it, don't use it''. So why can't this apply for legacy servers? Atleast these servers can bring back a lot of players if done right, they don't have to maintain the servers that much other then keeping it online and they should still have the code. I wouldn't be surprised if features like pet battles garrisons took way more resources to make, and they don't exactly make WoW more popular.
    This is an opinion.

Because it isnt a problem of "don't care? don't use it" since you can go and play on unofficial server, the problem is that Blizzard isnt interested as we saw, otherwise they would have implemented them already. Also a Legacy Server is a dangerous precedent because if you deploy Vanilla, then you need to deployTBC then WOTLK etc until WOD (lol) that is PROBABLY a waste of time and money for them.

And who even says that creating legacy servers takes away resources from retail? There's no way to know unless Blizzard states so, which makes me wonder if people against legacy servers would still be fighting it if they say that it won't take away any resoruces from retail.
    Actually nobody told this.

I think that both games can perfectly co-exist with each other, considering how different they are at this point. I know from personal experience that a lot of people are interested in playing both, enjoying the games for different reasons. And if you really don't like legacy servers, then just look the other way and stop bothering the ones who do.
    If you dont like LIVE server stop bothering and stay on the private server, i see no really problem, why you cant stay on non-official?

I'm giving you the advice to stay on non-official for a simple reason : Blizzard doesn't really care, otherwise they would have shut down every single p server, but since they don't really care, unless money is showing (cough nost cough) up

also I'm quite sure that people that want Legacy are people that play on p server or p and retail, so they actually played vanilla in the last years.
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-11-29 at 06:46 PM.

Actually nobody told this.
    Yes many ppl have said that, but if you're too lazy to do a google search it doesnt surprises me that you're also too lazy so search this very thread.

If you dont like LIVE server stop bothering and stay on the private server, i see no really problem, why you cant stay on private?
    The question here is, since this is a thread about LEGACY, why the hell are you still here posting stuff like this. I see you're special, in that special kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Yes many ppl have said that, but if you're too lazy to do a google search it doesnt surprises me that you're also too lazy so search this very thread.

Nobody said that but cool

The question here is, since this is a thread about LEGACY, why the hell are you still here posting stuff like this. I see you're special, in that special kind of way.
    Insulting isnt really helping your cause, just making you silly.

This was a thread about N and even after its demise and the re-work of the title, you are asking for LEGACY server just because you play or had played on private server so talking about those, since your kind are using PTR N test as proof of "people will come back" we are indeed talking of P servers.
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-11-29 at 06:50 PM.