Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Always thought it was new jersey.

Deleted
    there are some unfortunate mistakes, in Legion many gilnean characters use american accent and Genn himself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    there are some unfortunate mistakes, in Legion many gilnean characters use american accent and Genn himself too.
    Spending three expansions in Stormwind can do that to a character I guess haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Always thought it was new jersey.
    Happens all the time. That Jersey Shore show did a number on us with all that, even though the majority of the cast was from NY.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Happens all the time. That Jersey Shore show did a number on us with all that, even though the majority of the cast was from NY.
    Never watched Jersey shore, it was more from Family guy. I'll take your word though mate

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

It's British, but not cockney. Without the rhyming that makes cockney what it is, the gilnean accent is just another British accent
    Exactly. Also cockney is not an accent, it's slang. Spoken by working class people in east London, cenetered around the West Ham area. Its a regular east London working class accent, what makes cockney special is that you would substitute some words, with other words that rhymed with it, but in no other way related to it. Like, Apples and pears = up stairs, birds-nest = chest. The harder ones don't necessarily rhyme directly either, like Len = button. The supposed rhyming word would be Hutton, after a car racer from the 60's, Len Hutton. So the rhyming is not always direct, making it difficult to learn.
    Very few people actually speak cockney anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Draenei, to me, sound East European or Russian, although Fantasy Name Generator says their names and accents are Arabic. Their history and lore feel very Jewish.
    Arabic, generally Middle-East much more than East Europe. Which generally fits their theme of djinni.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

What I have been thinking of nightborne, they talk pretty straight forward english but their names, places etc sounds pretty much like french for me. Like Elisande, Valtrois, Thal'ryssa etc. Suramar itself sounds french. Some of them are arrogant and they love(sorry, addicted) to wine. Yeps, that sums it up.
    Dont forget, they also surrendered to the legion immediately after being attacked.