Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnar View Post
    I don't know about locks, but most classes aoe increases pretty linearly.

Like Outlaw does 100% damage + 35% for each added mob + greed damage (I dont think each greed hit blade flurrys).

Fire Mage however scales I think more exponentially with living bomb, since it reapplies living bomb on each mob hit by the first, so like fire mages get a lot better with more mobs.
    Most classes have a target cap where damage stops increasing.

Thanks everyone for the responses, by the way. I've decided on not maining my rogue. I'll be a DK or druid instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    Most classes have a target cap where damage stops increasing.

Thanks everyone for the responses, by the way. I've decided on not maining my rogue. I'll be a DK or druid instead.
    That's at 20 mobs if I recall correctly. So that's hardly ever going to kick in in a dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    That's at 20 mobs if I recall correctly. So that's hardly ever going to kick in in a dungeon.
    You're right, 20 targets since path 5.2.0. Source: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Area_of_Effect#Area_damage_cap

Deleted
    Hi all. I'm currently in doubt between having a rogue or a druid alt. I love dpsing, and rogues in general, which makes me lean towards the rogue. Rogue dps specs are great in M+ too, the druid ones less so. I'd have to tank or heal as a druid. Groups would most likely be easier to find as a healer or tank, that's true. But how well is it to find groups as a rogue? Will I be much worse off than a tank or a healer? I'd mostly be interested in mid-level M+ runs, around the 5-8 range.
    Are you asking us if its easier to have a spot as a healer/tank, or a dps? Is that really what you´re asking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Are you asking us if its easier to have a spot as a healer/tank, or a dps? Is that really what you´re asking?
    Groups would most likely be easier to find as a healer or tank, that's true.
    If you try to make me look stupid, first read what you're quoting.

well this was helpful. some say rogues are struggling some say they are fine. guess its just one of those luck things.

A lot of people keep saying here that assassin aoe is fine. I run subterfuge. I garrote 3 mobs, rupture one with 3 cp. then fok til i have 5 and rupture 1 more. Now i have 3 garrotes and 2 ruptures. Now i spam fok and envenom. Bag of shit never procs. Dps hardly ever go above 450k. In 869 ilvl. What gives ?
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2016-11-27 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    A lot of people keep saying here that assassin aoe is fine. I run subterfuge. I garrote 3 mobs, rupture one with 3 cp. then fok til i have 5 and rupture 1 more. Now i have 2 garrotes and 2 ruptures. Now i spam fok and envenom. Bag of shit never procs. Dps hardly ever go above 450k. In 869 ilvl. What gives ?
    assa is just completely garbage in low level mythic dungeons. Who thought having rng for burst aoe spell is a good idea?

884 Rogue here with legendary boots/ring, 10+ achieve, and I still get declined a fair amount.

I wouldn't say it's impossible to find groups by any means, but most 10-12+ runs I get invited to are from me spam refreshing and joining when I'm the first or second dps. If it's for the third dps slot, I feel like they always want a Hunter or lust class (IE Mage), and decline.

There is a 889 Hunter in my guild I duo with, and I've found I get accepted A LOT more often when I'm with him. Could be the crazy ilvl, could be he's a Hunter, who knows. Pugs are weird.

Deleted
    883 ass rogue.. with arch (10+) getting decline in most 10+.. but iam fine with that.. i got friends iam playing with, and i keeping up on AOE with 885 dh and other classes.. and single target iam the GOD!.. poison RNG bomb could be less rng and we would be fine..

the problem why we dont getting invites is probably becuase of ALOT of rogues that dont know how to handle their DPS in aoe.. i bet alot rogues dont rupture 3-4 targets then start spam fok.. i think there is alot of noobs out there just thinking they could spam fok and yea doing shitloads of dps..

but whatever.. if they nerf us in 7.1.5 (aoe) blizzard are really retarded!

Deleted
    the rupture change increases our aoe dps a lot, since it doesnt play any matter how much cp you are using on it, it ticks always for the same amount. sure, 6cps are doing 4.5% less dmg, but 1-5 cps doing so much more, which is much more important for aoe dps. The changes are not that hard you think, I am fine with the changes, we will still doing a good job.

Deleted
    If you try to make me look stupid, first read what you're quoting.
    "Will I be much worse off than a tank or a healer?"

I did, you are. What a thread this is.

But hey! Let me help you! Yes, it is harder to get groups as a dps, than a healer or tank.
    Last edited by mmoc89222f4376; 2016-11-29 at 01:42 AM.

I've been pugging +8 as a destro lock bro

7+ Year Old Account
    I also was having issues running mythics at times. Sometimes I would sign up for almost 10 of them at a time just hoping one would accept. I know it's not as easy for everyone, but my biggest solution was finding & joining a guild that fit what I wanted from my log-in experience vs just an OP group of guys that blow through everything.

Things are easier to digest when you take it all in stride

For anyone who can do it, you should really try to get at least M+10 finished within time to get the achievement.

That should make it a fair amount easier to get into pugs, because you can link the achievement and some will take that as a good sign about you. At least for the lower mythic pluses (like <8).

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    I find that extremely hard to believe, no offense - What would possibly be doing that? 20 Seed of Corruptions popping at the same time?
    Destro is capable of snap aoe as well. Cata + all the immolates that are up will spam refill your shards to stack multiple RoF ontop of the mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    "Will I be much worse off than a tank or a healer?"

I did, you are. What a thread this is.

But hey! Let me help you! Yes, it is harder to get groups as a dps, than a healer or tank.
    Thank you for helping. Now take your trolling elsewhere.

Hi all. I'm currently in doubt between having a rogue or a druid alt. I love dpsing, and rogues in general, which makes me lean towards the rogue. Rogue dps specs are great in M+ too, the druid ones less so. I'd have to tank or heal as a druid. Groups would most likely be easier to find as a healer or tank, that's true. But how well is it to find groups as a rogue? Will I be much worse off than a tank or a healer? I'd mostly be interested in mid-level M+ runs, around the 5-8 range.
    Well first of all rogues are a melee class. This by default means that you'll have a harder time getting into groups compared to a range class, especially mages (bloodlust).
    Second, I think many people simply don't know what rogues are actually capable of (the main reason they don't know is because many rogues don't know either; they just try to do as much dps as possible). As a rogue, especially as Outlaw, you are a god of CCing + using ripostle and crimson vial can often save your group from a wipe (these spells get underestimated way too much), also many do not use blind or gouge ever (even though they are sometimes stronger than a kick)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-12-02 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Well first of all rogues are a melee class. This by default means that you'll have a harder time getting into groups compared to a range class, especially mages (bloodlust).
    Second, I think many people simply don't know what rogues are actually capable of (the main reason they don't know is because many rogues don't know either; they just try to do as much dps as possible). As a rogue, especially as Outlaw, you are a god of CCing + using ripostle and crimson vial can often save your group from a wipe (these spells get underestimated way too much), also many do not use blind or gouge ever (even though they are sometimes stronger than a kick)
    Its kind of crazy how much people underestimate the utility of outlaw, especially with regards to gouge.

Its a 10 second cooldown interrupt, that interrupts more types of spells than kick, never gets mobs immune like stuns, and few trash mobs in m+ are naturally immune to it.

Heck when Kara comes to M+ it will be even crazier, like for example all of the moroes adds are gouageable. You can stop will breaker, and more importantly iron cyclone with gouge.

The only issue in m+ i have is low keys when there's a multitude of trash being pulled and getting unlucky with poison bomb procs, outside of that in high keys Assass is fine, comfortably did a 15 as Exsang.