Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Everyone played BM during siege. If there's one thing we do as a community, it's flock to one spec for an entire tier!

Imo, the RNG with frenzy stacks during Siege made the spec way more punishing/unrewarding than in this tier/expansion. This was especially problematic in boss fights where add phases were coming up, and you were trying to get the 5 stack to proc. There was also a long standing bug that impacted players who didn't use Blink Strikes that sometimes caused bite/claw to sometimes not happen (http://www.jadesforest.com/2013/05/5...renzy-bug.html). Since Frenzy (and a good TED) were so important during Siege for parses, the spec, from what I remember, was slightly more frustrating than current. Still fun, but this implementation feels better, imo.

The current implementation is much easier to explain to other hunters and coach them through. So, for me and others who have to field questions on this, this iteration of BM is easier to explain and for people to master imo, with very few, if any, bad RNG components.
    I did not play BM during siege. Was there anything majorly different in BM then v.s. BM in the first tier of WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Everyone played BM during siege. If there's one thing we do as a community, it's flock to one spec for an entire tier!

Imo, the RNG with frenzy stacks during Siege made the spec way more punishing/unrewarding than in this tier/expansion. This was especially problematic in boss fights where add phases were coming up, and you were trying to get the 5 stack to proc. There was also a long standing bug that impacted players who didn't use Blink Strikes that sometimes caused bite/claw to sometimes not happen (http://www.jadesforest.com/2013/05/5...renzy-bug.html). Since Frenzy (and a good TED) were so important during Siege for parses, the spec, from what I remember, was slightly more frustrating than current. Still fun, but this implementation feels better, imo.

The current implementation is much easier to explain to other hunters and coach them through. So, for me and others who have to field questions on this, this iteration of BM is easier to explain and for people to master imo, with very few, if any, bad RNG components.
    Eh, I don't really think the RNG was that strong. IIRC focus fire only gave haste in siege, not the pet AP and focus that it did in WoD so it was less punishing to have bad RNG/timing with frenzy stacks in siege than it was in WoD BM for example.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    I did not play BM during siege. Was there anything majorly different in BM then v.s. BM in the first tier of WoD?
    This was before a lot of the button pruning so BM had a lot of stuff to press(for better or for worse). IIRC focus fire management was less in-depth since it didn't have the Draenor perk components(I very well could be wrong on this, it's been a while)

BM still had Rapid Fire for example. Granted, it was really shitty since that was before they merged Ranged and Melee haste and it only granted Ranged haste.(So it only buffed the hunter and not the pet) Plus the set bonus caused arcane shot to reduce its cd so it was very much "pop on cd" outside of niche scenarios where you line it up slightly better by waiting a few seconds or some such.

Kill Command was relatively stronger back then so instead of the current multi-target rotation we have(where only after a small number of targets it devolves into multi-shot spam) you had to balance Kill Command usage with beast cleave uptime.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2016-11-29 at 06:51 PM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.