Poll: Should Flag Burning Be Illegal?

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Should be illegal to destroy someone's property.
    Civil law is not relevant though, that is nearly always about financial damages and not speech crimes.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-11-29 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Go to your dad, ask him about the flag. It means more to him than it does to you. It's not just a flag to certain people. Look at the video i linked up.
    I am from a military family so yeah, maybe that is why I have stiffer feelings a bout it, no worry though. err, was answering you on the person you quoted (new to this forum stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    It means so much that offending it means their citizenship should be removed?

Its funny how Trump and his followers where whining about PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Who here is saying that?
    I'm not talking about on the forums, i'm talking about in general. It's like Bush can do something, its ok. Obama does it, it's bad. Clinton can do it, Trump can't.

BTW i don't like Obama either but sometimes the shit he gets hit with is dumb.
    Last edited by Fadeslol; 2016-11-29 at 08:47 PM.

Go to your dad, ask him about the flag. It means more to him than it does to you. It's not just a flag to certain people. Look at the video i linked up.
    I know you're talking to someone else, but many members of my family served in the army (and marines). And whilst I haven't actually served, in my experience what you wrote here is rather true. My father tolerates people that burn flags, but he definitely doesn't like it, to put it mildly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Then those others don't have to burn a flag. See how easy that is?

My Dad understands the first amendment he fought to protect.
    I agree with your dad on the first amendment. I'm talking about how the guy said it's just a flag, like it means nothing. To others it does mean something.

Again, it's under the first amendment but i'm trying to point out that some people are saying it's just a flag. It's not.

I'm not talking about on the forums, i'm talking about in general. It's like Bush can do something, its ok. Obama does it, it's bad. Clinton can do it, Trump can't.

BTW i don't like Obama either but sometimes the shit he gets hit with its dumb.
    Yeah I voted for Obama in 2012, feel a bit betrayed, and I agree he's on his way out no reason for anyone to give him huge shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I know you're talking to someone else, but many members of my family served in the army (and marines). And whilst I haven't actually served, in my experience what you wrote here is rather true. My father tolerates people that burn flags, but he definitely doesn't like it, to put it mildly.
    That's what im trying to point out. "My father tolerates people that burn flags, but he definitely doesn't like it, to put it mildly." 100% agreed. BTW worry, if u want to talk to me, just jump in, i don't mind. Even with a PM

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not the prison sentence that frightening, as that has been handled and litigated to death, it's the fact that he'd even consider revoking someone's citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    It's not the prison sentence that frightening, as that has been handled and litigated to death, it's the fact that he'd even consider revoking someone's citizenship.
    Again, i don't agree with that but president doesn't decide that. Congress decides. Supreme Court already shot it down and in Texas also.

Sounds like a dictator to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We should institute National Flag Burning Day to celebrate the epitome of our First Amendment rights.
    "Fight the power" while supporting the US. It takes income to buy US flags to burn which is being taxed to support the US government and economy.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-11-29 at 08:57 PM.

well, thats one way to make his claim that he won the popular vote once you remove the illegal votes true. if he simply intends to revoke citizenship for anyone that doesn't fall in step with him.

goodbye two-party politics, and welcome in the new emperor for life.

Imagine if Obama had said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    well, thats one way to make his claim that he won the popular vote once you remove the illegal votes true. if he simply intends to revoke citizenship for anyone that doesn't fall in step with him.

goodbye two-party politics, and welcome in the new emperor for life.
    it's very sad how the news brainwashed you. You know we have 3 branches of govt in America?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Imagine if Obama had said this.
    Obama went to the UN and said that America needs to give up some of their rights

American and former Marine here. When I was in, and even in my current job as an aircraft mechanic, I'm always surprised to see how many service members truly don't understand what free speech actually means and what they truly "fought for" (although, let's be real here, almost none of these military dudes ever saw combat.) Almost all of them think it should be illegal and simply don't understand why someone would do it.

I would never burn a flag because I have no reason to do so. I've never faced an injustice that felt like it goes against the very tenets of our country. But there are people who have, and I can see how that might make them so angry that they would burn the symbol of a country they thought represented freedom and equality.

And to add on to my military friends, I never understood why they think criticizing one aspect of a country means you hate America and you can just get out if you don't like it.

No, flag-burning is a powerful tool used in political protests. And it's just a flag.

Banning the practice would be pretty much textbook-Fascism.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    No, flag-burning is a powerful tool used in political protests. And it's just a flag.

Banning the practice would be pretty much textbook-Fascism.
    By "powerful" you mean it gets Democrats replaced by Republicans since Dems stopped standing for liberal principles.

it should be legal to burn the flag. If it bothers you dont participate and look away. Same thing with abortion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Perfect. We combined free speech and capitalism. Now we just need Obama to enact it on his way out the door.
    A real liberal would enact "Free speech day", not "Flag burning day".

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Rest of the story
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/29...amendment.html

So the PINO wants to go back on the the 1st amendment and make flag burning illegal. A
    Yay or Nay?
    Is it disgusting? Yes, should it be a crime? No.