Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I should have been clearer and said constructive criticism, feel free to point out any post that fits that parameter.
    Most of this thread.

Still no idea what you're talking about.
    the guy you orginally quoted explained why calling yourself CNN was bad

maybe you should read peoples entire post instead of clipping out what you want and hope nobody notices
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I should have been clearer and said constructive criticism, feel free to point out any post that fits that parameter.
    So basically this thread is bashing yes? The fact the game did launch an entire mess and people are vocally critical of it is bashing? Logic. By that logic everybody who criticised WoD for the fact it had a mess at launch and were vocal about it were bashing WoD yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the guy you orginally quoted explained why calling yourself CNN was bad

maybe you should read peoples entire post instead of clipping out what you want and hope nobody notices
    Try taking your own advice please, i'm not American, no idea what you're on about with CNN, i just mentioned it because it seems tio be the best known American news channel, or is this not true?

Alright folks, the politics/news discussion is a bit off-topic for this forum/thread, so let's keep discussion on Rift itself please.

Try taking your own advice please, i'm not American, no idea what you're on about with CNN, i just mentioned it because it seems tio be the best known American news channel, or is this not true?
    All of this is beside the point. I think I can speak for everyone by saying that your vehement defense of Trion makes it seem like they're paying you to provide positive PR to different communities. Whether you actually are paid or not isn't important, just that you seem to be that dog in the room that's on fire saying "this is fine". It's not fine, it hasn't been fine and nearly all of the dedicated, loyal, experienced RIFT players are gone or banned.

I wouldn't expect you to buckle and admit to everyone that the game is just about run it's course but respect that many of us feel it has and we will never be coming back to it.

EDIT: and because we're not coming back, we're also trying to make those that still remain, come with us to whatever game we're playing that is actually enjoyable... like WoW, my god I feel so stupid for having poured 4 years into RIFT when WoW is so much more superior.
    Last edited by Photeq; 2016-11-29 at 08:27 PM.

I've moved on to both FF14 and GW 2 and I'm enjoying both of those far more than RIFT.

Felt good uninstalling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    Sad times indeed. I have quit Rift well over a year ago but still had some hopes that the new expansion will give me a reason to come back. It seems like this release is actually much worse than even my most pessimistic expectations. Oh well, time to finally uninstall Rift I guess - this was probably the best MMO (during Vanilla) I have ever played, and I've played quite a few.

For those looking for a new game - I know the Rift community is very anti-WOW, but for those that haven't yet, I really recommend trying Legion out - it's definitely one of their better expansions, probably the best since Wrath. There is a lot to do and a steady stream of future content incoming.
    Ehhh I'd say ffxiv or given their history wildstar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I find it amusing how he makes out that many people to be something spectacular. For 2 weeks in that's actually pretty bad if around 50-60 people are there.
    Agreed I know in FFXIV you see more people out hunting their Hunt monsters then you see their and he'll even diadem a much hated form of content probably gets more action then that on ONE server...and that is over halfway through an expansion to say nothing of launch

- - - Updated - - -

Same as you then right? Also read the entire text. He is still with them because they are a good group of friends and they are intending to move also just because 1 guy says they are not moving doesn't mean squat. If that group did not exist I imagine Wocky would not be playing Rift. All games have that. Hell I still have my small group of friends in old games like Everquest. I still have friends in Rift as well who I chat with but that list is growing thinner and thinner as they move to other games.

Also how do you know it's not a guild one of his alts are in?

- - - Updated - - -

Rift itself is not a bad game a lot of people here have said that. It's the design choices that have been made to the game over time that people are not happy with.
    This their monetization methods gone to total shit

As a returnee who owned storm legion I had to shell out about about 75+ just to play a mage tank..which is bs might have been over 100 just to even try out the stuff I elderly Wanted(arbiter abd primarist)

It is insane and overpriced beyond all reason.. Also their "ultimate" edition should really ALL souls in it and every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This their monetization methods gone to total shit

As a returnee who owned storm legion I had to shell out about about 75+ just to play a mage tank..which is bs might have been over 100 just to even try out the stuff I elderly Wanted(arbiter abd primarist)
    Wait, why 75+? The soul pack that included the Arbiter was around $35 USD last I remember. Did you buy the bigger bundle that included other souls/the primalist or something?

It is insane and overpriced beyond all reason.. Also their "ultimate" edition should really ALL souls in it and every expansion.
    Agreed on the bolded. Would love to see that, especially if it reduced in price for each soul pack you did own.

So basically this thread is bashing yes? The fact the game did launch an entire mess and people are vocally critical of it is bashing? Logic. By that logic everybody who criticised WoD for the fact it had a mess at launch and were vocal about it were bashing WoD yes?
    It kinda deserves to be bashed somewhat just on the basis it appears they released a glorified patch with hardly any meat and potatoes (some of which does not even work as it should if at all) and had the guile to actually charge 30 quid for it just to fleece the few remaining die hards.

Now i'm sure there's a few of those die hards who would have paid any sum regardless of substance, what i can't honestly understand is if Trion actually expects new prospective players (what the game needs) and perhaps returning veterans to actually pick this up over the myriad of existing titles out there considering how light it is in the content dept and with all the added costs on top (let's be honest,there's quite a few of those if one wants the "complete" experience).

I've been round the block a few years, it's really not hard to spot a blatant cash grab from where i'm sat, penny pinching Trion at it's finest.

On the topic of casual players having completed everything available, well, it's not that hard when there's fuck all to actually complete in the first place, that's all it boils down to really.
    Last edited by justinhalfout; 2016-11-29 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffee View Post
    Trion Worlds banned me from developer chats via skype because I made a subreddit that they couldn't control. While I was in those chats, they barely got anything done and failed to push out a simple PvP update for several months because they "forgot" about it.
    I know from experience that when you have a bunch of creative people collaborating you will frequently end up with the situation where you've got everyone arguing for their own personal vision of what your project should be and no one actually getting any of the work done. While it can, sometimes, be beneficial to just let everyone air out all their ideas and wait for some form of concensus to be thrashed out, Trion are way passed that stage with Rift. That needs to take place when you've got the time to brainstorm ideas, not when you're on a strict time table and need to get things out on time and in full working order. When things start getting out of control like that you really need management to step up and deal with the problem. If they're just letting it continue unchecked then it points to serious problems with the Rift Dev team as a whole.

Agreed I know in FFXIV you see more people out hunting their Hunt monsters then you see their and he'll even diadem a much hated form of content probably gets more action then that on ONE server...and that is over halfway through an expansion to say nothing of launch
    I've been giving FF 14 a try over the weekend and I've got to say, I'm really shocked at how populated it is. I realise that part of that is to do with how their leveling system works, in that you get lots of players at all stages of the game leveling up their classes, but even so I've already got more people on my friends list in FF 14 than are on display in Slipmats screenshot. More importantly, it means that most of the people logged on at any one time are actually doing something, rather than AFKing in Tempest Bay.

For what its worth, FF 14's leveling system actually seems much more complete than Rifts does. Having to level each class individually means you get lots of experienced players mixed in with newer ones, making for an environment where you as a new player get to cooperate with other people and also have help on hand should you need it. In addition to this, the Hall of the Novice is handy for teaching brand new players the mechanics of both MMO's in general and their roles specifically. Then reenforcing those lessons in the class story quests means that by the time players reach max level with that class, they should be more than capable of performing their role well enough to be effective. It really does put Rifts "Get to max level, respec to an actual DPS build and have no idea what you're doing without several macros and a guide" method to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I know from experience that when you have a bunch of creative people collaborating you will frequently end up with the situation where you've got everyone arguing for their own personal vision of what your project should be and no one actually getting any of the work done. While it can, sometimes, be beneficial to just let everyone air out all their ideas and wait for some form of concensus to be thrashed out, Trion are way passed that stage with Rift. That needs to take place when you've got the time to brainstorm ideas, not when you're on a strict time table and need to get things out on time and in full working order. When things start getting out of control like that you really need management to step up and deal with the problem. If they're just letting it continue unchecked then it points to serious problems with the Rift Dev team as a whole.
    They made that chat because they have no dedicated PvP Dev and had zero ideas with what to do with the PvP in their game. Overall nothing happened, not because people were arguing, but because they simply didn't care to seriously sit down and fix PvP in their game. They outright ignored Conquest and would turn the topic away from it whenever it was brought up because they didn't want to work on it.

There was no arguing, they just didn't do anything.

I'm also convinced that they don't even play their own game.

You know if you hate this forum/site so much u can always leave it.

Trion has a safe space for white knights over on the official forms.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been giving FF 14 a try over the weekend and I've got to say, I'm really shocked at how populated it is. I realise that part of that is to do with how their leveling system works, in that you get lots of players at all stages of the game leveling up their classes, but even so I've already got more people on my friends list in FF 14 than are on display in Slipmats screenshot. More importantly, it means that most of the people logged on at any one time are actually doing something, rather than AFKing in Tempest Bay.
    One thing that helped FFXIV out a lot is that the game is on 3 platforms. When you log on you are playing with Ps3,Ps4 and PC players. Now I do believe the next expansion won't release on Ps3 (due to hardware limits). But that is one major reason why the game is so populated.

When I started FFXIV I was playing on Ps4 since my PC at the time was a POS.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffee View Post
    They made that chat because they have no dedicated PvP Dev and had zero ideas with what to do with the PvP in their game. Overall nothing happened, not because people were arguing, but because they simply didn't care to seriously sit down and fix PvP in their game. They outright ignored Conquest and would turn the topic away from it whenever it was brought up because they didn't want to work on it.

There was no arguing, they just didn't do anything.

I'm also convinced that they don't even play their own game.
    Wow. That... That is disapointing to hear. Begs the question of why they even bothered to chat in the first place if they had no intention of ever doing anything about it? Not only should it really be the kind of discussion to take place behind closed doors but they should have at least had something to contribute to the discussion, even if it might not have been what players wanted to hear.

Maybe in their opinion PvP and Conquest are totally fine? I mean, they're not even close to being fine, but Trion do seem to have a habit of either glossing over or ignoring problems. It seems that they're now getting their comeuppance for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    One thing that helped FFXIV out a lot is that the game is on 3 platforms. When you log on you are playing with Ps3,Ps4 and PC players. Now I do believe the next expansion won't release on Ps3 (due to hardware limits). But that is one major reason why the game is so populated.
    Oh really? I had no idea, thought it was just PC users only. Neat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You know if you hate this forum/site so much u can always leave it.

Trion has a safe space for white knights over on the official forms.

- - - Updated - - -

When I started FFXIV I was playing on Ps4 since my PC at the time was a POS.
    And Mac now too

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. That... That is disapointing to hear. Begs the question of why they even bothered to chat in the first place if they had no intention of ever doing anything about it? Not only should it really be the kind of discussion to take place behind closed doors but they should have at least had something to contribute to the discussion, even if it might not have been what players wanted to hear.

Maybe in their opinion PvP and Conquest are totally fine? I mean, they're not even close to being fine, but Trion do seem to have a habit of either glossing over or ignoring problems. It seems that they're now getting their comeuppance for it.

Yeah plus controllers are amazing with the game up abd down arrows swap between party members while right abd left enemies action bars are easily customized abd even have special ones just for controllers

I always wondered what the point of developer livestreams were as well to be honest. They don't give a shit about the game itself so what's the point?

Also off topic. You need any help with FF14 Strawberry PM me any time or hop in the Megathread. I can give you the good, the bad and the ugly of the game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait, why 75+? The soul pack that included the Arbiter was around $35 USD last I remember. Did you buy the bigger bundle that included other souls/the primalist or something?

Agreed on the bolded. Would love to see that, especially if it reduced in price for each soul pack you did own.
    Yeah because I left way back in storm legion and not been back since

And OMG yessssssss price scaling would be great

And Mac now too.
    Forgot about mac.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    To return to topic.

I had one guy on TeamSpeak tell me he had not cleared all content in the game on TeamSpeak.

I asked him -
    Have you got all the gear you can from the dungeons? Yes?
    Have you cleared all the quests? Yes?

So, I asked him: so, how can you can you say you haven't cleared all the content?

His response:
    Daily grind for reputations.

That is what is now perceived as "content"?
    I disagree. I am sure many others will too.

He was even defending them for being "unable" and "not having the manpower" to test their own content.
    "They can't release a raid now, most of the abilities aren't working and things are too unbalanced." - to paraphrase him.

Some people may be happy with constant grind, but having broken, unfinished content on release and two weeks later and having TWO dungeons (only one is new) to run for (possibly) months is not going to appease the masses. Maybe the third dungeon will be fixed today in the patch. We can hope, but that's still THREE dungeons to run over and over.

As I often record what I'm doing "in game", I have got hours of disgruntled comments on TeamSpeak from people who play the game.
    "Wow, the servers are actually up this weekend! What a surprise!"
    "Playing >insert game< name here"
    "I'm not buying - waiting for >insert game< here"
    "Have you looked at this game, Wocky?"

Unless you're a hardcore fan, you will be too blinded to see just how much is broken. The game is in an appalling state.

There is absolutely no reason to log on because so much is buggy, so little to do - and most importantly? We don't know when we're going to see the stuff that was promised that WOULD be in the expansion actually put in the game.

There is so much RNG, so much grind, it's friggin' crazy.

No good friend, in good conscience would recommend that their friends buy this game in its current state. I am happy to see some people in the game still have this integrity.

I suspect that they deliberately held back the content to release in December. I don't expect a raid, though, till at least Late January, early February. People will be running those three dungeons till their eyes bleed till then. When they do release stuff, I expect an equally buggy mess. There is no reason not to assume this.

You probably won't get the 10 man raid till February 2017 - and I doubt it will have more than a few bosses or be bug free.

This is not a case of a game annoying people by disabling a feature like flying. There is just not much to do.

I was also asked - "Why do I complain?"

If you don't complain, nothing ever gets fixed.

We tried the constructive criticism when the game was going through a bad patch under Dahanese.
    We got the sound of crickets. We got bans. Then we got Ocho. We got threads deleted and bans.
    It got so bad that a dedicated REDDIT forum was made to voice criticisms.

TrionBrasse is better, but I've still seen threads deleted. Still been banned for "trolling and baiting" when I wasn't.

TLDR: If a game is released and it is perceived to still be in beta /or alpha state or seen to be unfinished with features disabled and unbalanced, don't be surprised if people feel ripped off, angry and start looking elsewhere. If you can beat all content in 50 hours as one guy posted, don't expect people to hang around for 2 to 3 months to release the game you advertised and promised.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-30 at 03:17 AM.

Outside of the stupid long TTK, I am rather enjoying myself going through the leveling content, just finished Scath forest and it was actually good.
    Endgame will not comment on, but I do have a rather good first impression

Though that does not excuse the fact that it should have been delayed.

And there is a clear lack of content.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.