Just curious what Fury build you bring to M+

I usually bring
    War Machine
    Shockwave (+4 and higher only)/Double Time
    Bounding Stride
    Massacre (as I have Ayala's)
    Inner Rage
    Dragon Roar

I've read a couple of different times that some guys are bringing Carnage over Massacre and I did some limited tested awhile back, didn't really notice a difference.

What are your thoughts on taking Carnage over Massacre in M+?

I run the same build, but only use Massacre > Carnage on high mythics, usually just with the tyrannical mod.

Deleted
    Since i have the legendary belt i use wrecking ball instead avatar, rest is the same

Deleted
    War Machine + Wrecking ball on easy/low MM+
    Endless Rage + Avatar on hard/high MM+
    Always Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdinger View Post
    War Machine + Wrecking ball on easy/low MM+
    Endless Rage + Avatar on hard/high MM+
    Always Massacre
    High or low M+ doesn't really matter. War Machine + Wrecking Ball is superior due to trash being the majority of a dungeon, not to mention a lot of fights have adds to trigger War Machine.

Massacre isn't always the answer either, HOV for instance, 2 bosses where massacre is very bad, where as carnage is always useful. Massacre is nice, makes execute phase infinitely better, but carnage is probably superior for overall dungeon DPS.

I don't have the execute ring so I can't speak to it, but I could buy the argument to always use massacre if you have it.
    Last edited by ramayana1423; 2016-11-29 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    War Machine almost always
    Shockwave
    Wrecking Ball most of the time unless the group is very AoE-heavy already
    Bounding Stride except in things like high Court, Skittish anything etc
    Massacre in some tyrannicals especially Eye, Carnage otherwise
    Inner Rage
    Dragon Roar

Only have three shitty utility legendaries, if I had Ayala's I'd be running Massacre all the time.

Cool, thanks for the feedback so far.

Seems like there could be a fair amount of folks bringing Wrecking Ball - something I've not really ever done.

i use wrecking ball and carnage, but massacre and avatar with tyranicall

I don't like war machine outside of like 1-6; maybe it's just that my group probably pulls a bit slower than most but it just feels bad that the ability is worthless on ~50% of bosses and sometimes only ever getting a few seconds of it because of the time between trash packs. Just the way it functions, you kill a bunch of adds together --> get 10s --> pull a bunch of adds kill them together --> 10s. So most of the time it's up is just dead time between the next pull.

I'll probably take it 100% of the time when it's at 15s next patch, but right now idk, I like the reliability of endless rage.

Again though, this is probably because I know on average my group pulls a bit slower than most. If you're constantly chain pulling tons of adds I can see how war machine becomes the de facto god talent.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-11-29 at 10:27 PM.

Depends on the dungeon and comp really (bolded default choices if you're allergic to reading).

As stated, War Machine is good for lower tiers, if your group pulls and kills fast enough and can be of limited usefulness on many bosses. I tend to stick to Endless Rage simply for consistency.

Shockwave on select dungeons at higher difficulty, depending on our comp (keep in mind that AoE fear can be used as a pseudo-interrupt, so if you don't actually need to use Shockwave that often, I'll just use it instead). Otherwise, Double Time is the default choice for 99% of the game.

Wrecking Ball if I'm feeling lazy, but Avatar is typically the superior choice (even with the legendary belt). The only downside to Avatar is that you'll ideally want to make sure you use it in the right places, and not put it on cooldown to burst down a pack in 10s, 1 minute before you pull a boss.

Bounding Stride, simply because I'd rather get out of bad than try to mitigate it with Warpaint.

Carnage for most dungeons unless you have the Ring, it's a +10 with Tyrannical, or it's one of the few dungeons which has little in the way of large AoE pulls (EoA being the most relevant example). Massacre is nice, but it's very limited when targets die before you get a chance to Execute more than once, and Carnage is simply better for mass cleave.

Inner Rage, because nothing else matters.

Dragon Roar; Reckless Abandon can be used for some nice burst, even on multi-target, but the constant use of charge makes it kind of wasteful in my opinion.

Deleted
    If you run a low level MM+ with a good group, and without War machine + Wrecking Ball + Massacre you're just doing it wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The only downside to Avatar is that you'll ideally want to make sure you use it in the right places, and not put it on cooldown to burst down a pack in 10s, 1 minute before you pull a boss.
    Yes I'd agree that's a bad idea.

Deleted
    War Machine up to +9 sometime even for +10 depends on affixes
    Shockwave, its just very usefull.
    Wrecking Ball is my go to talent(i have ww belt) I only use Avatar for bolstering affix.
    Bounding Strike
    Carnage
    Inner Rage
    Dragon Roar

Is massacre even worth it outside of maybe tyrannical (without the ring)? You generally don't get to execute a lot and therefore juggernaut doesn't get a lot of stacks (also stacks are very easy to lose).

Deleted
    I go War Machine if it's my usual comp, endless rage if I don't know how we will pull.

Shockwave all the time, we run havoc / fury / hunter / protpal / hpal or hmonk so the mass aoe is really welcome. Plus I don't really feel the need for double time in most dungeons.

Avatar because I prefer to have a really huge burst for difficult pulls rather than a bit more constant aoe. I see Wrecking Ball being great for low M+ tho.

Bounding Stride all day every day, especially since we basically got even more ehp with the damage taken reduction last patch. I feel I'm ok taking those 5% extra damage with 3M hp if it means I can move way quicker, hence why I never go double time

Massacre because I like to end packs going exec once or twice on the first mob to die, proceed to rampage exec on the other ones whose hp will have caught up to exec range during that time. Feels really smooth this way, but it may stem from the fact I'm the one pulling the most dps in our group, so I get to have more effect in what dies when in a pull. Plus it's nice to have a good execute in my comp for say Wrath of Azshara.

Inner rage.

Reckless Abandon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endless Rage
    Shockwave
    Bounding Stride
    Carnage/Massacre depending on comp, level and affix. If it's Teeming or Fortified I roll Carnage for bigger aoe but if it's something like Raging or Tyrannical I go with Massacre.
    Inner Rage
    Dragon's Roar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdinger View Post
    If you run a low level MM+ with a good group, and without War machine + Wrecking Ball + Massacre you're just doing it wrong
    Would you mind sharing why you feel so strongly about WB over Avatar?

Deleted
    So far I think you can get good results with either Avatar or Wrecking Ball.
    I just prefer the Avatar playstyle which is why I used that until now...

with the current changes on the PTR, WB might just be pushed above Avatar in 7.1.5 - we will have to wait and see (and try)
    other than that I only use massacre on EoA or when it's a 10+ with tyrannical, yes that also means you rarely execute

@ Archimitros: I've always taken Shockwave, it just helps the tank and healer so much, especially when there's stuff like Raging, Necrotic, Skittish, etc. (and I dislike dumping Rage into PH to help with kiting)
    Is Double Time that much of a DPS increase that it's worth sacrificing the utility of Shockwave? (a 4 sec AOE stun on a 20 sec CD is extremely strong - sadly soon nerfed a little)