Poll: Should Flag Burning Be Illegal?

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really understand the motivation. What's the end game to burning a flag, honestly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Ah, I see your point, but shouldn't flag burning then be illegal because it supports foreign business and is therefore anti-american?
    Then I'd say that they need to bring the job of making the American flags back to America.

Afterall, these flags aren't going to burn themselves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Don't really understand the motivation. What's the end game to burning a flag, honestly?
    Pissing off the patriots. Obviously.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Were you in the Military? No
    Are you from America? No

Then you wont realize the value of what that means to others.
    Of course it has value and meaning. No one argues that. The argument is a free speech one - and being able to desecrate the flag as a symbol of free speech is precisely what it stands for.

Now, would I do that near Fort Bragg? Fuck No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Better to take some kind of effective action against nationalists rather than just wind them up for the sake of it. They get angry about nothing all the time anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recognize this step and that was somewhat implied in my question to be fair. Why piss people off for no obvious gain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you from America? No

The title is aimed at all flags, it's not an American thread, get over yourself.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Then I'd say that they need to bring the job of making the American flags back to America.

Afterall, these flags aren't going to burn themselves!
    You know if I didn't loathe capitalism so much I would admire it for its beauty and efficiency in monetizing any kind of dissent.

We're aware Trump is trying to deflect public attention from his financial conflicts of interests.
    Big lol

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Rest of the story
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/29...amendment.html

So the PINO wants to go back on the the 1st amendment and make flag burning illegal. A
    Yay or Nay?
    Didn't really bother to read whole thing other than wanting to go back for burning flag illegal. Anyhow. world is full of retarded and stupid rules that should never exist in first place. Burning flag is one of those.

If you're burning your own property then who am i or anyone else telling you to stop? It does not harm anyone in anyway. So its retarded to think because flag as country's colours its so important that it cannot be destroyed. Hopefully meteor hits earth and kills all human life and then dolphins would become next dominant race. They might become 10000x better than humans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I recognize this step and that was somewhat implied in my question to be fair. Why piss people off for no obvious gain?
    Couldn't tell you, I'm not a Trump supporter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    it's not an American thread
    You will find this is a difficult concept for them to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witch Burning should be legal again.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    BRB while I go buy an American flag, piss on it and then burn it live on youtube......

WATCHA GONNA DO, TRUMP?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Alright. I hate to admit that Trump is a genius.

Hillary sponsored a Flag burning bill in 2005. It was a basic 1 year in prison for some cases.

Trump just wanted to troll Hillary and show her what type of bills she has sponsored in the past. My god he is brilliant.

This is like the Melania wears white, vs. Hillary wore white.

But yes, Flag burning should be illegal. Not only because people don't understand what it's value and meaning are, but because it has been a staunch statement by the Left that they want to see this Country burn. If your going to give a pause and safe space to some people and make it a criminal offense to breach such zones as some on the left have sought to do, then you need to be mindful of OTHER people's feelings and be ready for the push-back that comes.

The fringe left has to be congratulated. They have created this push back with all those years, and people like Didatic, Endus, Obama and countless others time and again speaking down / harassing people for simple opinions, religious rights, and in many cases striving to punish and harm others for said opinions or religious beliefs. The clouds finally burst, and now like the Nuclear Option in the Legislature, and many, many other things, they are angry and scared. They honestly should be.

But, the tragedy is that they are not scared or even sorry for all the terrible things they did to other human beings. No, no. They are scared that their own tools of oppression will now be used on them and someone is being the great equalizer and ripping their toys from them after years of being allowed to run roughshod. I relish the irony and to quote the Sheriff of Nottingham played by the delightful Alan Rickman:

"String him up with the rest of em."
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2016-11-30 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Rest of the story
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/29...amendment.html

So the PINO wants to go back on the the 1st amendment and make flag burning illegal. A
    Yay or Nay?
    I'd say add a poll, maybe?... Kinda curious, myself.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be legal. It's technically an aspect of free speech.

That being said burning the flag of a nation is a direct insult to that nation and those who have defended it over the years. So a lot of people take offense to such actions.

I understand that there are a lot of people here who think it's "just a flag". And I get that. The flag is just that. A flag. A piece of cloth colored and sewed to look like something. But it's the meaning behind the flag that people love and respect.

My guess is that I could find something all of you feel strongly for. Some symbol that represents something you cherish. It's also my guess that if I took that symbol and threw it on the ground, stomped on it, and then lit it on fire you'd get pretty upset.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you from America? No

Other countries have flags.

Flag idolatry is moronic. It's a piece of fabric. Sure it's standing for something larger, but the importance attributes to the country not to the fabric.

If people truly gave a shit, there'd be laws against using the flag as a thong and cramming it up in your sweaty and shitty crotch.

Oh, you had military service, or come from a military family? I don't give a fuck - you more than anyone should have learned to limit the value you attribute to symbols instead of to the underlying reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it isnt illegal to burn the flag, then it also shouldnt be illegal for me to punch you in the face for doing it