Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

7.1.5 PTR update.

Okay so the PTR update just rolled in. Is it just me or is Arcane getting out of hand?
    I mean compared to meager frost changes and fire getting less crit% but a bit more base damage and whatnot.

How can they justify bringing Arcane Blast and Arcane Explosion from a 125% mana increase per charge to 60% when Arcane wasn't necessarily doing too bad?
    I just feel more confused than before.

Slipstream (New) Arcane Missiles and Evocation may be channeled while moving. Arcane Mage - Level 30 Talent.
    To the people worrying about Evocation issues, this is good news.
    The bad news however is that it is now mandatory.

Edit: I love Arcane more than the other specs, and I do realize that tuning and whatnot isn't over, but this is quite huge.
    Also I am a bit drunk, if a topic was already up or if I manage to mess something up, feel free to close this if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Okay so the PTR update just rolled in. Is it just me or is Arcane getting out of hand?
    I mean compared to meager frost changes and fire getting less crit% but a bit more base damage and whatnot.

How can they justify bringing Arcane Blast and Arcane Explosion from a 125% mana increase per charge to 60% when Arcane wasn't necessarily doing too bad?
    I just feel more confused than before.

To the people worrying about Evocation issues, this is good news.
    The bad news however is that it is now mandatory.

Edit: I love Arcane more than the other specs, and I do realize that tuning and whatnot isn't over, but this is quite huge.
    Also I am a bit drunk, if a topic was already up or if I manage to mess something up, feel free to close this if needed.
    They nerfed the new 100 talent pretty significantly, its dps with it was only up 30-40k from where it is on live..Which wasn't enough to make it that great.

So reducing OP'd strength and then overall buffing it a bit more evened it out to be good enough to actually be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    They nerfed the new 100 talent pretty significantly, its dps with it was only up 30-40k from where it is on live..Which wasn't enough to make it that great.

So reducing OP'd strength and then overall buffing it a bit more evened it out to be good enough to actually be playable.
    That is a fair point, I wasn't aware that the removal of Quickening would be that massive of a DPS loss that even the 100% arcane power was barely above it.
    How would this impact our preserve and burn phases however? We are almost at perma-burn in most content except raids with the 125% mana increase.
    Bit on the fence that it will almost trivialize the mana situation that was already weakened with Legion.

Deleted
    Hey guys we dont like talents that are mandatory so we are making them baseline and make new talents foru )

Slipstream (New) Arcane Missiles and Evocation may be channeled while moving. Arcane Mage - Level 30 Talent.

here no mandatory talennts lulz

I don't understand you people saying that the Evocation-while-moving talent is mandatory. Evocation lasts 6 seconds. You can't find 6 seconds in most fights where you don't have to move? If you've just started casting Evocation and then the boss does something that makes you have to move, that's almost always poor planning on your part.

The only way the talent is mandatory is either (A) the boss has some kind of untracked mechanic that might cause you to move but has no associated boss timer (very unlikely) or (B) as a crutch talent to cover lack of player skill of watching boss timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    I don't understand you people saying that the Evocation-while-moving talent is mandatory. Evocation lasts 6 seconds. You can't find 6 seconds in most fights where you don't have to move? If you've just started casting Evocation and then the boss does something that makes you have to move, that's almost always poor planning on your part.

The only way the talent is mandatory is either (A) the boss has some kind of untracked mechanic that might cause you to move but has no associated boss timer (very unlikely) or (B) as a crutch talent to cover lack of player skill of watching boss timers.
    You don't really have control over when you run out of mana. If you're out, and you can't evocate because of boss mechanics at the time you're just sitting around doing nothing for 5-10 seconds waiting on evocate being safe.

And if you misjudge and have an evocate cancelled you just lost 200,000 dps.

You don't have control of when you Evocate, and when you're out of mana you can't DPS. It's not like holding off on a DPS cooldown. You literally cannot DPS.

Deleted

it doesnt only work with evocation tho, the point is that it gives you something to cast while moving that you would not normally have. you would literally take slipstream for the same reason you would take ice floes especially since they emoved ice floes completely from arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Hey guys we dont like talents that are mandatory so we are making them baseline and make new talents foru )

Was thinking the same thing when i read that..

Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post

Yeah - Shimmer will still be mandatory on that row.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Shimmer vs. slipstream will be a great choice.
    If played perfeclty (i.e. banking AM procs for movement) will be superior, but shimmer provides less stressful gameplay for casual players and will probably shine on some encounters.
    High skill-ceiling talent vs universal utility talent vs survivability talent. In by book, that's brilliant design done by blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by flameterix View Post
    Not sure when slipstream will be better - shimmer + displacement gives me (in effect) four blinks, I can blink without disrupting my AM or evocation.

Shimmer is like slipstream but you don't have to walk

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

not having to walk can also be a bad thing.

Deleted
    Not sure when slipstream will be better - shimmer + displacement gives me (in effect) four blinks, I can blink without disrupting my AM or evocation.

Ursoc comes to mind where slipstream will allow to cast when soaking charges. To make slipstream more appealing, they should reduce blink and displacement GCD to 0.5 sec for all specs.

Slipstream will be better when blinking would position you in such a way that would cancel your AM, the added effect of being usable with Evo is just a little cream.

Deleted
    60% mana increase? Not going live. Arcane that is. Fire buffs are overdue, but not sure whether it's enough. Blizzard lovering orb cd, just what frost needed. I am fairly happy but it still many things might not be where they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by flameterix View Post
    If played perfeclty (i.e. banking AM procs for movement) will be superior, but shimmer provides less stressful gameplay for casual players and will probably shine on some encounters.
    High skill-ceiling talent vs universal utility talent vs survivability talent. In by book, that's brilliant design done by blizz.
    it absolutely will not be a great choice. Slipstream will be the go to talent almost 100% of the time in almost every situation.

Deleted
    Before more of you guys talk about how OP Arcan is going to be pls read this twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/803773777985187840 ... so Basically the mana cost change is a tooltip error/bug so they nerfed Overpowered dmg that wasn't that Overpowered to beginn with given how it barelly did more dmg than Quickening does on the PTR build before the current release. Fire seems even worse than it is already on PTR not sure wtf they are even thinking right now. Frost got some decent changes that will make AOE less of a hassle to deal with but thats about it.
    Last edited by mmocd1d080a29b; 2016-11-30 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatekeeper View Post
    Before more of you guys talk about how OP Arcan is going to be pls read this twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/803773777985187840 ... so Basically the mana cost change is a tooltip error/bug so they nerfed Overpowered dmg that wasn't that Overpowered to beginn with given how it barelly did more dmg than Quickening does on the PTR build before the current release. Fire seems even worse than it is already on PTR not sure wtf they are even thinking right now. Frost got some decent changes that will make AOE less of a hassle to deal with but thats about it.
    fire isnt worse than b4 on the ptr, its better but its still far away from being at the lvl on live.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Slipstream will be better when blinking would position you in such a way that would cancel your AM,
    Any time that would happen, walking would also cancel your AM.