Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Ok then wouldn't a toning down of the legendary be in order if scorch baseline is improved? End result would be the same, we would still do the same damage per cast.

It's an elegant solution that lets scorch actually be used. And with the new scorch talent that increases our speed...scorch could be some crazy fun.
    They did already tone it down, though, since a crit is only as good as doing 200% damage, and right now it does 350%. The problem is balancing the damage of scorch both inside and outside execute. They can't buff it much past 100% outside execute, because at ~117% it has the same dpet as fireball.

But on top of that there's the issue that inside execute, scorch at 350% did the same damage as fireball... and it could still crit. So now that scorch always crits do they balance the execute damage around a fireball crit? A normal fireball? Halfway between?

However, the guaranteed crit makes heating up more consistent, so how much damage is consistency worth?
    Last edited by whisperingsage; 2016-11-22 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    They did already tone it down, though, since a crit is only as good as doing 200% damage, and right now it does 350%. The problem is balancing the damage of scorch both inside and outside execute. They can't buff it much past 100% outside execute, because at ~117% it has the same dpet as fireball.

But on top of that there's the issue that inside execute, scorch at 350% did the same damage as fireball... and it could still crit. So now that scorch always crits do they balance the execute damage around a fireball crit? A normal fireball? Halfway between?

However, the guaranteed crit makes heating up more consistent, so how much damage is consistency worth?
    I think the solution should be outside of execute and without the legendary scorch does 50% of a fireball so with the legendary the 100% crit will raise it to be the same as a non crit fireball but with the guaranteed HU. So the actual DPET is higher than fireball since the shorter cast time but it cannot be above a fireball crit since it's critting already. This coupled with the extra pyros you will now be generating i think will make it worth while.

On a side note you are going to definitely want to be as close to the boss as you can to reduce pyro flight time, since scorch has no travel time, so you could run into munching issues if you are too far away.

Deleted
    Time Anomaly Every 5 sec you have a 5%50% random chance to gain 4 Arcane Charges and Arcane Power for 10 sec regardless of its current cooldown.

I'm wet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flameterix View Post
    Time Anomaly Every 5 sec you have a 5%50% random chance to gain 4 Arcane Charges and Arcane Power for 10 sec regardless of its current cooldown.

I'm wet.
    PvP Talent though. In case you missed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys remember a few weeks ago when everybody was bitching about Fire being literally dead and still cried like whiny bitches despite the fact that Blizzard said that they wouldn't make the nerfs that bad when the patch goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Em 5% less crit rating is still a huge nerf so yeah fire is dead and if you wana be usefull for your guild go arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Hey guys remember a few weeks ago when everybody was bitching about Fire being literally dead and still cried like whiny bitches despite the fact that Blizzard said that they wouldn't make the nerfs that bad when the patch goes live
    Go on...

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidgear View Post
    fire is dead
    lol .

Deleted
    The baseline spell damage increases are nice. However, keep in mind that Pyretic Incantaion got nerfed hard (it doesn't show on mmo-champ yet but wowhead shows it is 2% crit dmg per stack on PTR). Flame On recharge rate nerfed a bit, but it is still good.

However, the loss of Ice Floes for Fire is not addressed at all. I don't care whether or not the coefficient changes to the Marquee Bindings and Pyroblast amount to a huge nerf or not, no casting on the move will make sure a lot of your procs are unusable. Also, the slight increase to Scorch's damage is just a joke.
    Last edited by mmoc2462126d54; 2016-11-30 at 01:21 AM.

Are you trying to say that these slight buffs are good enough to make up for the back alley abortion that fire received on the first week of the PTR?

Deleted
    damn arcane hit the jackpot. congrats you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Are you trying to say that these slight buffs are good enough to make up for the back alley abortion that fire received on the first week of the PTR?
    am i trying to say that the people who cried and said blizzard doesn't know what they're doing and won't change anything after those initial nerfs were wrong and dumb?

am i trying to say that the people who cried and said blizzard doesn't know what they're doing and won't change anything after those initial nerfs were wrong and dumb?
    It's still an overall nerf, so they weren't wrong at all. Blizzard said they wanted to keep fire "around the same as they are now", they failed to do that thus far.

People never said they won't do "anything" they said they won't do "enough" and they were right.

Still too early to say yay or nay, but it's definitely too early for you to be calling people dumb too.

Deleted
    It's still an overall nerf, so they weren't wrong at all. Blizzard said they wanted to keep fire "around the same as they are now", they failed to do that thus far.

People never said they won't do "anything" they said they won't do "enough" and they were right.

Still too early to say yay or nay, but it's definitely too early for you to be calling people dumb too.
    it certainly didnt seem like it from the whiners that posted, from the posts they posted you felt like they thought that it would go live with those changes, screaming the sky is falling, it felt it never crossed ppl's minds that blizz would do something to compensate.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what posts you were looking at because the majority of the ones I read were saying what I was talking about: that blizzard had no idea what they're doing and fire wouldn't receive any further changes

I don't know what posts you were looking at because the majority of the ones I read were saying what I was talking about: that blizzard had no idea what they're doing and fire wouldn't receive any further changes
    Quote some that say "blizzard won't do anything."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasublade View Post
    I actually think they will do nothing. As always they only talk..

literally first post in the thread

literally first post in the thread
    You quoted someone who spoke before the patch notes came out.

That quote is from the 5th of November, the PTR came out on the 15th of November.

- - - Updated - - -

Source - Twitter
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The datamined change to the increased mana costs from Arcane Charges is also a tooltip bug; it will remain at a 125% increase per charge.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-11-30 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    damn arcane hit the jackpot. congrats you guys
    If thats winning the jackpot I dont want to win it. They nerfed op a bit, made evo into the missile-moving talent. The manabuff to arcane was just a tooltip-error it seems.

Still looking good tho. Not jackpot but a decent 5th price or something

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    Because Blizzard has such a great track record when it comes to making changes based on feedback received in beta/PTR testing, NOT

my view is, yes, the sky is falling, if those are the changes on PTR, it will remain that way, and the whole fire spec will just die off,...
    That's 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidpat View Post
    So everything you are posting is conditional on them raising something elsewhere? Is this your first patch? When we see a blue post about a buff we can talk about it, but for the time being, there is none and there isn't a single reason to believe there ever will be
    That's 2

Quote Originally Posted by angra View Post
    Do you actually believe that blizzard will buff fires damage outside of combustion before this hits live? I've been playing for a long time and I honestly don't have any faith that they will. They do this musical chair shit all the time and I don't think it's by accident.
    That's 3.

I'm too lazy to look for more.