Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Activity tanking hard and are almost back to WoD numbers

http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1

Inb4: LOLOL MY SERVER ONLY HAS 50 PEOPLE AND NOBODY USES THAT ADDON!

Warcraftrealms predicted sub drops and trends very well for years now. Legion is not looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1

Inb4: LOLOL MY SERVER ONLY HAS 50 PEOPLE AND NOBODY USES THAT ADDON!

Warcraftrealms predicted sub drops and trends very well for years now. Legion is not looking good.

Wait....can you Inb4 your own post?

To be blunt, Legion has delivered closer on many things players have been asking for in one form or another for years now. If players aren't going to stick with the game at this point it strongly suggests that thereis nothing the game can deliver that will wow them (pun intended).

A massive complaint about 5 mans for example is that during MoP & WoD their replay value felt nonexistent (aside from CMs which really only gave tangible rewards tied to the dungeons' replayability when collecting transmog for each class in MoP). Dungeons have replay value both in terms of currency (AP) and upgrades (Warforged, Titanforged, & Legendaries). If people are going to complain that the 5 man content is stale, despite having actually met the issues of 5 mans not being relevant past week 1-2 for the last 4 years then I honestly don't know what players are really expecting from the content that would also be unique.

this isn't really news; there's been big activity spikes at the start of every expansion since forever

WoW is a really old game; subs have been in decline for a long time. Probably no expansion can reverse that no matter how good a job they do

Deleted
    This is the exact reason why Blizzard is trying to spread out the content more long-term, why Nighthold still hasn't been released yet. Because people grow bored with whatever content they are provided with and un-subscribe/stop playing until new content is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    To be blunt, Legion has delivered closer on many things players have been asking for in one form or another for years now. If players aren't going to stick with the game at this point it strongly suggests that thereis nothing the game can deliver that will wow them (pun intended).

A massive complaint about 5 mans for example is that during MoP & WoD their replay value felt nonexistent (aside from CMs which really only gave tangible rewards tied to the dungeons' replayability when collecting transmog for each class in MoP). Dungeons have replay value both in terms of currency (AP) and upgrades (Warforged, Titanforged, & Legendaries). If people are going to complain that the 5 man content is stale, despite having actually met the issues of 5 mans not being relevant past week 1-2 for the last 4 years then I honestly don't know what players are really expecting from the content that would also be unique.
    People asked for massive RNG deciding everything? People asked for everything being gated behind mythic dungeons? People asked for RNG legendaires? People asked for being locked into one specc because of AP? People asked for the worst balance in years both in pve and pvp?

Sure.....

Deleted
    People asked for the worst balance in years both in pve and pvp?
    If you want to raise a legitimate stink don't say patently untrue shit like this. PvE Balance is by far the best it's ever been in terms of both classes and individual specs.

What you can raise a stink about is that this rather well-balanced PvE scene is after legendaries have been applied, creating an imbalance between some specs (and classes) without them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really calling it tanking. Looking at Weekly Faction activity shows numbers dropping steadily, and "Tanking" greatly last week (holiday week) which looking at christmas time last year looks to be a common theme. To further support this I checked a few EU and OC realms VS US realms and it seems that tanking in activity is really only on US realms. So either everyone in the US is getting bored of WoW, or they were just busy last week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanGolf View Post
    If you want to raise a legitimate stink don't say patently untrue shit like this. PvE Balance is by far the best it's ever been in terms of both classes and individual specs.

What you can raise a stink about is that this rather well-balanced PvE scene is after legendaries have been applied, creating an imbalance between some specs (and classes) without them.
    You might want a look at the class forums of most classes apart from mages. And then look at actual numbers. Speccs have been pruned to death.

Hunters sure love their new speccs............NOT.......warlocks are happy.........NOT......outlaw rogues love retarded RNG......unholy DKs love doing no damage...........NOT....want me to go on?

Deleted
    You might want a look at the class forums of most classes apart from mages. And then look at actual numbers. Speccs have been pruned to death.

Hunters sure love their new speccs............NOT.......warlocks are happy.........NOT......outlaw rogues love retarded RNG......unholy DKs love doing no damage...........NOT....want me to go on?
    By all means go on, but what you're talking about is class/spec satisfaction, not balance. Don't put the responsibility on me when you say one thing but mean something else entirely.

Deleted
    People asked for massive RNG deciding everything? People asked for everything being gated behind mythic dungeons? People asked for RNG legendaires? People asked for being locked into one specc because of AP? People asked for the worst balance in years both in pve and pvp?

Sure.....
    Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people did ask for that. Blizzard recieves a lot of feedback from a lot of players that we never really see, especially in the un-subscribe box.

Legendaries are great for the casual players who don't care much for progress, let alone raiding. It's a great and powerful item they can happen upon by chance when running pretty much whichever content they like. I do agree that they have been done poorly, and should be more restricted in difficult content. Preferably, there shouldn't be any legendaries that increase your damage, as any legendary that does not will automatically be ignored by a lot of skilled players.

The massive RNG is there both to give players a reason to run content that they might still out-gear, if perhaps you wanted to help a friend through a heroic or normal mythic dungeon, you still have a chance, albeit tiny, to get an upgrade in there.

I think people are overreacting in terms of how locked into their spec they are, thanks to Artifact Research it really doesn't take that long to catch up. I switched class from DH to Warrior over a month into the expansion, I'm still behind in Artifact Research, that's far worse than having to pour Artifact Power into a second spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanGolf View Post
    By all means go on, but what you're talking about is class/spec satisfaction, not balance. Don't put the responsibility on me when you say one thing but mean something else entirely.
    These correlate quite a bit and most classes have speccs that are completely broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can say I enjoy Legion a hundred times more than I enjoyed WoD, but I'm still only logging in three times a week to raid and that is it.

Wow has just lost its luster to me, I'd rather spend my time playing FF14 than WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted
    These correlate quite a bit and most classes have speccs that are completely broken.
    Balance is balance, and you don't need to watch what people feel and think to get to the bottom of it. Warcraftlogs is impartial in that it simply present the data its given, and that's painting a rather clear picture regarding PvE balance.

I'm not making the claim that it is perfect, just that it is better than it has been historically. True, the difference between top and bottom is large, but those are 2 specs out of many, and the rest are all very close to the middle. In fact, I'd argue the only extreme offender right now is Shadow Priest and 2/3 hunter specs; The rest are all in acceptable positions on the balance ladder.

You also have to take into account that people who go on forums rarely do so to post about how happy they are, often it's because they feel let down and want to get their voice heard.

Why do sub numbers mean so much to the WoW playerbase? FF14 has around less than a million and nobody gives a shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why do sub numbers mean so much to the WoW playerbase? FF14 has around less than a million and nobody gives a shit.
    Less sub numbers means less resources, smaller development teams and in the end less content. Sure, not all of the revenue Blizzard makes goes back into the game, far from it, but the less revenue they get the less is going back. It's only natural for people who enjoy something to react when said thing might be in danger of becoming less of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Less sub numbers means less resources, smaller development teams and in the end less content. Sure, not all of the revenue Blizzard makes goes back into the game, far from it, but the less revenue they get the less is going back. It's only natural for people who enjoy something to react when said thing might be in danger of becoming less of what it is.
    I didn't mean that. I meant FF14 has way less subs and nobody seems to care and that game does perfectly well. Expansion on the way and final patch of the current one in around a month and a half.

Sure.....
    I don't buy the BS about the worst class balance excuse. Call me skeptical but players LITERALLY say that with every expansion, the complaint carries no objective bite.

RNG has always decided everything. Even before ToT you were at the mercy of whether that raid boss dropped anything useful to a guild group, RNG ruled what types of teams you were thrown against in 3's, 5's, & RBGS, RNG decided what dailies were up, whether you actually looted that extremely rare/arduously obtained item after so many hours, etc. I fail to see how you can present an argument that Legion has suddenly brought about a game ruled by RNG everywhere that wasn't already present and overarching in the game in one form or another. Legion simply altered how players see and interact with the RNG, nothing more. Some of the RNG isn't even bad, and instead removing it would hurt the game. You can't demand that M+ dungeons give a very lenient bad luck protection system for when you don't get that BiS item slot while also demanding that 5 mans are relevant and worthwhile content before the first month of the expansion is up. If people quickly got their Titanforged BiS proc they'd simply stop running the content, end of story.

People wanted 5 mans to be relevant again, #doesn'tfeelsbadman about the new dungeon system working as intended. You're also over exaggerating, most things are not gated behind even standard mythic dungeons. You are certainly still welcome and able to raid, even mythic raid, without stepping foot in a mythic dungeon.

People didn't ask for RNG legendaries, but I am not exactly seeing trade or WoW forums blowing up asking Blizzard to bring back months long guild only legendaries that maybe only half a dozen people will see or obtain in each guild.

The only thing I agree with you on is the complaints directed towards punishing offspecs, but even that doesn't really apply that much outside of high end raiding (mythic), 5 mans (10+), or high end pvp. Having an offspec that isn't as capped as your MS in low to mid pvp, normal/heroic raiding, or Mythic+ 2-8ish isn't going to kill you in all honesty.

Better try to convince someone else that the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    Hmmm I wouldn't agree , FF14 has less #'s and puts out equal if not more content . People just want WoW to die to finally say see I told you so .. but it won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as no one really knows if we're back to WOD numbers and the whole tone of the thread seems to indicate that it exists just to stir up forum drama.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."