Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    snipped
    And 99% of it took place around PANDAS and their island.

I'm done with that. Like I've said, this was just a fantasy thread by a gnome fan. Nothing more, nothing less. You and the rest of the haters have nothing to fear. Blizz will never do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with an expansion going back to Vanilla roots. The games needs a remake sort of, or at least quests need to be updated again, they still reference the Cataclysm as though it happened days ago when it's been how many years now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'd be fine with an expansion going back to Vanilla roots. The games needs a remake sort of, or at least quests need to be updated again, they still reference the Cataclysm as though it happened days ago when it's been how many years now?
    Been 6 years now... going on 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Been 6 years now... going on 7.
    I meant in game but wow it's been awhile....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

And 99% of it took place around PANDAS and their island.

I'm done with that. Like I've said, this was just a fantasy thread by a gnome fan. Nothing more, nothing less. You and the rest of the haters have nothing to fear. Blizz will never do it.
    And because it's in Pandaria, MoP must be about pandas. Great logic. War is about guns because 99% of it takes place using firearms.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Goblins and Gnomes working and living together? That's one of the worst kicks we could give to the lore. Although tinker class would be interesting.

Blizz really should do something to progress gnome/goblin lore. They are staples of warcraft since wII but they're just...there.

Still, dont think they could pull an entire expac about them. Mostly cause, reading this thread, it seems that peopme really dislike gnomes.

But the tinker class idea is nice and, again, gnomes/goblins have kind of earned some story. Maybe a technology focused expac, with titan temples, ethereals, constelars and other stuff on that theme. Gnomeragan could be a patch, gnomes trying to retake it, Goblins trying to raid it for the tech and valuables. It has potential, if the writers do it justice.

Deleted
    An expansion based around two jokey races seems incredibly unlikely, just as a patch does. And do we really need another class? Blizzard had enough trouble doing all the existing specs right this expansion (e.g. survival)... what specs would a tinker have? It just poops turret and we already have a profession that is basically the same thing. Plus restricting a class to two *very* unpopular races is just bonkers

Would tinkers have to be restricted to gnomes/goblins tho? Wouldnt Humans, Forsaken,Dwarves, Orcs, Draenei and Belfs fit too?

Deleted
    It's a tiny poll with a very tiny sample size, but it would appear the handful of people who wanted Kung Fu pandas got their wish and then vanished faster than the people who elected a president no one wanted (no Pres in particular).
    Isnt it ironic that someone who has a signatur about "intelligence" cant admit that Pandarens in WoW was a thing long before the script for Kung Fu Panda was made?

PS: As long as it doesnt concern my Gnomeburgers noone cares for LIVING gnomes!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    snipped
    What part of "I'm done" did you not get? I expressed my opinion, you offered yours. My idea will never be implemented. End of thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Isnt it ironic that someone who has a signatur about "intelligence" cant admit that Pandarens in WoW was a thing long before the script for Kung Fu Panda was made?
    I never said it wasn't. The Kung Fu panda is my way of taking a cheap shot at a lame ass race who never should have been given their own expansion. The fact that Blizz didn't sue Disney for copyright infringement is strange at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 8.0 marks a great time to introduce a Tinker class (available to Gnomes and Goblins only) streamlined and similar to Demon Hunters. Race specific, unique talents, and even 2 specs instead of 3. This would also make for a great undertaking throughout 8.0-8.3 culminating in the retaking and rebuilding of Gnomeregan.

In an effort to preserve the existing dungeon, we would push some of the mobs, and bosses, deeper into the dungeon, and retake the first 2 levels to add back into the city. We would secure everything from the front door, through the Hall of Gears, down past the Dormitory, and into the Launch bay. Everything below the launch bay would be refitted for the 2 extra bosses, and most of the troggs completely removed.

The lower level of the launch bay (now covered in reinforced electrically charged frosted transparent titanium) would become the starting point of the instance, and the older depot areas would be converted into the side entrance to the dungeon. Once the instance is pushed down, the SAFE team, and Engineering crew can get in and start updating and upgrading the city. We could even take some ideas from Ulduar

Mekkatorque could finally get his city back, and in a FIRST EVER venture, the Gnome and Goblin tinkers would work together making the city available to Horde and Alliance, and would give both of Azeroth's diminutive races a new place to call home. Would be no different than the Elves and Tauren living in Moonglade, or any other multi-race venture living together. This way Horde and Alliance get a new city, Gnomes and Goblins finally have a tech like city to call home, and Tinkers make their way into the storyline.

I know I'm going to be crucified for this thread, but honestly I don't care. If one other person even shows a hint of interest, I've at least proven to myself that I am not alone in the idea. So, feel free, comment away
    I like the concept. I'm always in support of an expansion focusing on Gnomes and Goblins and a potential Tinker class.

I think the suggestions of also utilizing Undermine are very good. I would also recommend using the new Gadgetzan that was showcased in the Hearthstone expansion where it went from small outpost to bustling metropolis;

While not cannon, it could still be cool.

Naw they should just kill off the gnomes and delete all player character that made gnomes.

I think it'd be a good way to fill in a content drought near the end of an expansion. Goblins get Undermine back as an actual city, and Gnomes get Gnomeregan. Throw in the tinker class for Gnomes and Goblins and bim bam boom, we have a new class to play around with before launch of a new xpac AND two new cities to squat in. Maybe even make them a key point of operation for the Horde and the Alliance for the next xpac too, sort of in the way they did with Dalaran in Legion. Trams and zeppelins could take players back and forth between the cities and the new continent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I like the concept. I'm always in support of an expansion focusing on Gnomes and Goblins and a potential Tinker class.

I think the suggestions of also utilizing Undermine are very good. I would also recommend using the new Gadgetzan that was showcased in the Hearthstone expansion where it went from small outpost to bustling metropolis;

While not cannon, it could still be cool.
    It's nice to see some constructive feedback. Most just pop in to throw some hate and move on. Even for non-Gnome/Goblin fans, there could still be an interesting storyline attached to an expansion, even if it is a small piece of the expansion and not the central focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    I think it'd be a good way to fill in a content drought near the end of an expansion. Goblins get Undermine back as an actual city, and Gnomes get Gnomeregan. Throw in the tinker class for Gnomes and Goblins and bim bam boom, we have a new class to play around with before launch of a new xpac AND two new cities to squat in. Maybe even make them a key point of operation for the Horde and the Alliance for the next xpac too, sort of in the way they did with Dalaran in Legion. Trams and zeppelins could take players back and forth between the cities and the new continent.
    That could work as well

I never said it wasn't. The Kung Fu panda is my way of taking a cheap shot at a lame ass race who never should have been given their own expansion. The fact that Blizz didn't sue Disney for copyright infringement is strange at best.
    That's probably because Kung Fu Panda isn't Disney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    That's probably because Kung Fu Panda isn't Disney.
    Oh, Universal. My bad. And before you freak out, Dreamworks operates under Universal.
    Last edited by -Joker-; 2016-12-05 at 07:19 PM.

Interesting, but too barebones right now, and there are a few issues I have with it. Let's take the idea further though.
    Where does the Void come into play? N'Zoth is coming back soon by all indications, and if you want this in 8.0 you have to tie him in somehow.
    You only have a patch as it stands. The environments will be too similar, we'll all lose our minds if we're stuck under Gnomeregan for too long.
    Why are the goblins and gnomes working together? I like the concept but can't see the motivation for the goblins. How does the Trade Prince make money from it, and how does he then convince the rest of the Horde to be a part of it?
    Is the city really that occupied? We've cleared it out twice now, isn't it just polluted currently? Get some air fresheners and we should be good, how do we get actual things to do from it?
    What dungeons and raids can you do? Endless corridors will cause people's sanity to wane fairly quickly. Your bosses are also fairly limited. Gnomes in mechsuits and maybe a hulked out gnome with potions is all that comes to mind, more variety is needed for a full expansion.
    Where does the story go? We can't spend 4 patches just killing new occupants, that's levelling content. What happens next?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Interesting, but too barebones right now, and there are a few issues I have with it. Let's take the idea further though.
    Where does the Void come into play? N'Zoth is coming back soon by all indications, and if you want this in 8.0 you have to tie him in somehow.
    You only have a patch as it stands. The environments will be too similar, we'll all lose our minds if we're stuck under Gnomeregan for too long.
    Why are the goblins and gnomes working together? I like the concept but can't see the motivation for the goblins. How does the Trade Prince make money from it, and how does he then convince the rest of the Horde to be a part of it?
    Is the city really that occupied? We've cleared it out twice now, isn't it just polluted currently? Get some air fresheners and we should be good, how do we get actual things to do from it?
    What dungeons and raids can you do? Endless corridors will cause people's sanity to wane fairly quickly. Your bosses are also fairly limited. Gnomes in mechsuits and maybe a hulked out gnome with potions is all that comes to mind, more variety is needed for a full expansion.
    Where does the story go? We can't spend 4 patches just killing new occupants, that's levelling content. What happens next?
    Gnomes have been unsuccessful in clearing Troggs up to this point. So, in an effort to make a little money, and show up the fairer skinned shorties, Gallywix strikes an accord with Mekkatorque to lend forces, and explosives, to help bring about an end to the troggs.

Like I said in the OP, there are many directions in which it could go, and plenty of opportunity for Blizz to write some great lore and backstory, to make this a key item, even if Gnomes/Goblins are not the key focus of the expac. As a Gnome/Goblin fan, I just felt it was necessary to direct some attention to them. Getting really tired of Orcs.