Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this is bullshit, you can't farm those mobs for loot. they don't drop anything at all, he just got it from some cache bug or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I get what you're trying to say, but that's like saying "if a state implements the death penalty, then surely criminals will care and there will no longer be any rapes or murders in that state"

Yeah. Not gonna happen. WoW's been around for 12 years and for 12 years there's been people doing this and getting banned/not getting banned for it. Won't change a thing.

My argument was that this "crime" isn't large enough to warrant the punishment of a ban. I think deleting the item itself would be punishment enough. Even then, 880 ilvl items aren't game breaking.
    Blizzard and a majority of this thread disagree based on their past actions, so there's no real point mentioning you have an unpopular opinion, especially when you use arguments that simply don't make sense to justify them.

Yes, prosecuting criminals does indeed deter others from committing the same act. Sure, it won't stop EVERYONE - but it stops a significant amount. Having a punishment given out for unacceptable behaviour works exactly the same. There's a load of basic psychology reading you can do about how negative reinforcement works and how groups respond to peers being punished if you want to look into that, but to summarize decades of studies and centuries of society: It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Blizzard and a majority of this thread disagree based on their past actions, so there's no real point mentioning you have an unpopular opinion, especially when you use arguments that simply don't make sense to justify them.
    A few months ago, the week Heroic EN was released I went in, used a glitch to skip Nythendra, went to Ursoc's trash and spent 8 hours continuously pickpocketing mobs to get their raid loot. I got 875 gloves and a socketed 885 neck and am still waiting for the ban and removal of items you all promised was coming for me.

What did Blizzard do? Hotfix the mobs' loot tables and move on, hundreds or thousands of Rogues got their heroic trash loot and no action was taken towards them. Our loot was acquired fair and square and we got to keep it. If these items are obtained in a similar fashion they will do nothing about it.

I still very much doubt that they have messed up and assigned raid boss loot tables to regular mobs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    What mobs exactly are they farming?
    It's difficult to get there, but there's an uninstanced section of the Nighthold raid in the area around the big palace, it's full of raid-level mobs.

I've explored around the whole area before. You can only get there by either hopping up over a nearby mountain, or creative use of glide/slow fall abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Can we get a location for the mobs?
    nighthold courtyard region in the open world zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's difficult to get there, but there's an uninstanced section of the Nighthold raid in the area around the big palace, it's full of raid-level mobs.

I've explored around the whole area before. You can only get there by either hopping up over a nearby mountain, or creative use of glide/slow fall abilities.
    None of those mobs have loots, tried to pickpocket and getting nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Ppl like you dont understand a bannable attitude even if they throw bans at their faces. You are getting loot from a CLOSED raid, isn't that enough? If suddenly you could hit a button and kill everybody in the server that should be Blizzard fault too? You are the one pressing the button, knowing what the button does. Expecting bans to this people if they are really abusing a bug (which indeed seems like).
    But its not like u are entering the raid

Then that is definitely a ban able exploit.

He doesnt have the items equipt, nor are they in the feed as a drop anymore.
    Would seem blizzard took them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Peukst View Post
    He doesnt have the items equipt, nor are they in the feed as a drop anymore.
    Would seem blizzard took them away.
    If you're talking about: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Scopel/simple

Then yes, he still has some 895 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4 View Post
    A few months ago, the week Heroic EN was released I went in, used a glitch to skip Nythendra, went to Ursoc's trash and spent 8 hours continuously pickpocketing mobs to get their raid loot. I got 875 gloves and a socketed 885 neck and am still waiting for the ban and removal of items you all promised was coming for me.

What did Blizzard do? Hotfix the mobs' loot tables and move on, hundreds or thousands of Rogues got their heroic trash loot and no action was taken towards them. Our loot was acquired fair and square and we got to keep it. If these items are obtained in a similar fashion they will do nothing about it.

I still very much doubt that they have messed up and assigned raid boss loot tables to regular mobs though.
    I'm aware, we had a rogue in our guild do it too.

Stating a time people didn't get repercussions does not negate what I said though - that most of hte time blizzard removes the item particularly when people are encouraging others to exploit via groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Then that is definitely a ban able exploit.
    Not really. It's perfectly reachable via legitimate means.

The mere fact it's populated by mobs at all means Blizzard expect players to go there. If not there'd be the same kind of sleep/death aura you get for being too close to Shaladrassil or the Tomb of Sargeras.

Not really. It's perfectly reachable via legitimate means.

The mere fact it's populated by mobs at all means Blizzard expect players to go there. If not there'd be the same kind of sleep/death aura you get for being too close to Shaladrassil or the Tomb of Sargeras.
    Not necessarily. Nighthold was supposed to be released with NM but got split up into a different patch. The files are already in the current game and they just haven't turned the instance on. They might have just left the open world proportion not turned off not expecting an abuse (lol i know, but it's Blizzard).

For people that want to risk wasting their time to maybe having their accounts suspended, go for it i guess. It doesn't matter what forum user tell you how safe it is: if they choose to ban you these forum users' opinions won't save you

I'm glad you got to keep your loot, but I find it hilarious that you used a glitch to skip a boss and consider that "fair and square." The fact that you're on a throwaway account suggests you don't think it was that aboveboard.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Yet another system that forces you into unwanted situations.

In this case, griding and being in a guild

Jesus christ the amount of fuck ups from blizzard with questionable exploits latetly are through the fucking roof. can't they fix shit before it's released? isnt that what beta/ptr is for?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Blizzard put those mobs there and put loot in their loot table, why should the players who are taking advantage of this be punished?
    Recently ALOT of people got a temp ban for doing a wq over and over again, whats the difference there then? it was available, and by your logic it should of been fine to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    bans inc in 3, 2, 1...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    I went in, used a glitch to skip Nythendra, (...)

Our loot was acquired fair and square (...)
    Contradicting yourself here aren't you?

He has shit gear, who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yet another system that forces you into unwanted situations.

In this case, griding and being in a guild
    Please explain how this forces you to be in a guild. This is going to be good, I can feel it.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career