Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    At the end of the day, I feel if Trump didn't fear the prospect of this recount, then he wouldn't be making such a spectacle out of it. Its also very suspicious to me that the price of the WI recount has been raised to 3.5m instead of 1.1m.

If he was confident in his carrying these states, then surely the results would simply speak for themselves. Yet he goes on these unhinged tirades about mythical illegal voters who all agreed to vote Hillary, and I assume this news came to him on self-destructing paper Ala 'Inspector Gadget' because he can say these things and expect to not provide anything to back this nonsense up.

Something smells here. Whether or not the results are quantitative enough to overturn things feels like too grandiose a thing to claim, but if enough is off the mark, I wonder if it would call other states into question.

Clearly Russian hackers raised the amount of the Wisconsin recount. It's those dirty reds I tell ya! There everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Clearly Russian hackers raised the amount of the Wisconsin recount. It's those dirty reds I tell ya! There everywhere!
    Russian hackers found draining recount fund, more donations needed!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I underestimated the internationally embarrassing backwardness of middle America.

My bad, bro. It's a mistake I won't make again.

The irony about Trump being President is I, my immediate and extended family stand to benefit. We don't get our healthcare from Obamacare. My parents, my brother's wife's parents and my uncle and aunt are all wealthy and won't rely on Medicare. A tax cut will disproportionately benefit most of my family. I'm half Hispanic, but that half is of European Latin-American blood, which means I look white (though I'll never be mistaken for being Irish). I'm extremely highly educated and nearly student-debt free.

The people who are going to suffer the most are the ones who voted for him.
    What's even worse is that they don't realize it. And the piece de resistance is that Trump will blame "the liberals" for the very punishment that is meted down upon them by his own policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    At the end of the day, I feel if Trump didn't fear the prospect of this recount, then he wouldn't be making such a spectacle out of it. Its also very suspicious to me that the price of the WI recount has been raised to 3.5m instead of 1.1m.

If he was confident in his carrying these states, then surely the results would simply speak for themselves. Yet he goes on these unhinged tirades about mythical illegal voters who all agreed to vote Hillary, and I assume this news came to him on self-destructing paper Ala 'Inspector Gadget' because he can say these things and expect to not provide anything to back this nonsense up.

Something smells here. Whether or not the results are quantitative enough to overturn things feels like too grandiose a thing to claim, but if enough is off the mark, I wonder if it would call other states into question.
    Trump pretty much fought a conspiracy with a conspiracy of his own lol. Left wing media outlets have been pushing this narrative that "Trump stole the election" and other nonsense. Not *all* left wing media outlets but we've seen enough, not to mention they've been giving credibility to the notion that the electoral college should just vote for Hillary despite the fact that Trump won the election fair and square. Trump pretty much fought fire with fire with his statement, while also opening the door to issuing voter ID laws at the same time. The left has kind of painted themselves into a corner with this one.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Pretty much this. The left lost this election because they lost the ability to actually discuss and debate issues. Emotions and feelings became far more important in the narrative than actual facts. Getting offended at everything, dropping buzzwords instead of addressing the issues and censoring everyone who doesn't agree with you does not win you any arguments nor convinces people over to your side.
    And this is how Trump was elected. People thinking they were talking about "issues" when they were really being told what to think about them. Trump never discussed issues - he just shouted down any and all criticism, and then if anything stuck from that, he denied it and blamed the "liberal media".

The only person who didn't discuss issues was Trump. Pence, Hillary, and Kaine all laid out very specific policy plans on a variety of topics.

I'm not clear on what election you witnessed, because it sure as hell wasn't the U.S. presidential one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I agree completely. They're so convinced they're "on the right side" they've decided they can skip the pretense of debate and argument and just skip to the part where they decide what's going on through feels and confirm it through online blogs written by a couple living in California.
    Of course you agree - you're a Trumper. No need to critically think about anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The lack of awareness in posts like these never becomes less staggering.
    Agreed. It boggles my mind how people who can put together complete sentences ever voted for Trump. It's the con games of all con games - the shell game that will go down in history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So you find nothing wrong with the initial "quote" for a recount being $1.1MM, and when it was initiated, they raised the price to $3.5MM?

And people wonder why Trumpers are criticized for not thinking critically.

So it seems Jill Stein has been scrubbed from Green Party website LAWL....

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And this is how Trump was elected. People thinking they were talking about "issues" when they were really being told what to think about them. Trump never discussed issues - he just shouted down any and all criticism, and then if anything stuck from that, he denied it and blamed the "liberal media".

The only person who didn't discuss issues was Trump. Pence, Hillary, and Kaine all laid out very specific policy plans on a variety of topics.

I'm not clear on what election you witnessed, because it sure as hell wasn't the U.S. presidential one.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you agree - you're a Trumper. No need to critically think about anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. It boggles my mind how people who can put together complete sentences ever voted for Trump. It's the con games of all con games - the shell game that will go down in history.

- - - Updated - - -

So you find nothing wrong with the initial "quote" for a recount being $1.1MM, and when it was initiated, they raised the price to $3.5MM?

And people wonder why Trumpers are criticized for not thinking critically.
    Nope, 1.1 was an estimate based on recounts done in the past. Stein was aware the actual amount would be calculated after she filed. Jill is just all pissy because blew half her money on one state.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Trump pretty much fought a conspiracy with a conspiracy of his own lol. Left wing media outlets have been pushing this narrative that "Trump stole the election" and other nonsense. Not *all* left wing media outlets but we've seen enough, not to mention they've been giving credibility to the notion that the electoral college should just vote for Hillary despite the fact that Trump won the election fair and square. Trump pretty much fought fire with fire with his statement, while also opening the door to issuing voter ID laws at the same time. The left has kind of painted themselves into a corner with this one.
    There is no doubt he ran a brilliant campaign - garnering what amounted to millions of dollars in free advertising with his constant shenanigans. It was amazing - and if anyone else in the GOP could do it, the Dems should be running for the hills.

Hopefully, the wool will be lifted from his "constituents" eyes and he'll be voted out. However, I can also see a nepotistic future in store for the United States and the White House (Donald Trump, Jr. in 2024, Ivanka in 2032, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Russian hackers found draining recount fund, more donations needed!

A Russian hacker stole my bike

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post

She embezzled $7 Million from the Libs. lololol.

I am still curious as to how she and the Greens even got on the ballot in 25 or 45 states or whatever it was. where did THAT money come from? either way it's the end of hetr and the co-opted by DNC/Soros Greens

Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post
    That was fast I was on the website earlier today and she was all over it. Oh my, isn't that interesting!! Lol
    She is no longer raising money for the Green Party, it's now the elect Jill Stein for president comittee
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

I am still curious as to how she and the Greens even got on the ballot in 25 or 45 states or whatever it was. where did THAT money come from? either way it's the end of hetr and the co-opted by DNC/Soros Greens
    She raised more money for the recount that she did during her whole campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit Jill just raised her new donation goal to 9 million, this shit is real!
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2016-11-30 at 04:57 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

They were both so terribly awful. Jill was anti-vax and thought it a good idea for a Presidential candidate to have an arrest warrant out for her and Johnson couldn't name a single world leader.

And people wonder why we have a two party system.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The GP site looks normal and there are still plenty of references to Jill Stein. The site where donations were being collected for a recount was her 2016 presidential campaign site, which is still asking for donations to ensure election integrity.
    This is another prime example of Trumers and the methodology they used to get him into office (i.e. outright lying). What's going to be great is watching their little hearts melt when their God-King fucks them up the ass two ways from Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So basically you want a census every year? Do you realize that would be fucking expensive? Also it takes a long time to compile a census.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I am not going to humor your bullshit question since they weren't arrested for getting prices. They were arrested for tampering with a governmental record, a felony, and on a misdemeanor charge related to purchasing human organs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/us...-indicted.html
    It's not that hard to create a list of the deceased and then purge voter registrations before an election.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It's not that hard to create a list of the deceased and then purge voter registrations before an election.
    It's not like it's too hard to ask the voter registry to figure out who's dead every 2 years; other governmental organizations are able to do this monthly somehow. Perhaps they could use the same list somehow.

Instead we have stories of people caught registering 20 dead people only because some random person working at the state level coincidentally noticed one of the people was dead because she knew him personally. Yeah... voter fraud isn't happening. /s
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-11-30 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

Well, best to start at the beginning I suppose--

I have not seen one single 'left wing media outlet' say that he stole the election. Not even once. Note that I don't use facebook for my news so am not often subject to bullshit sources, and rely mainly on cnn, msnbc, and the bbc. I don't watch fox news because I keep getting jump-scared by professional ass-kissers and it began to affect my sanity.

As for Trump 'fighting fire with fire' by using conspiracies, No. He is the eye of the storm with all the bullshit that swirls around him; at once his greatest adversary and hype-man. Within the last day on his twitter thing (when he retweeted the thoughts of a 16 year old boy) he completely went bananas (even by his standards) and not only reiterated that 3 million people voted illegally in the election as stated in a previous tweet, but then claimed that cnn was part of the conspiracy to help 'corrupt hillary' (I guess he upgraded her from 'crooked') and then called them out for not tracking down the culprits.

Apparently being the one to make the claim doesn't mean he has to support said claim--he even wrote "Pathetic - you have no sufficient evidence that Donald Trump did not suffer from voter fraud" Notice first this shifting of the burden of proof. It isn't how reality or journalism functions. Then take a moment to appreciate that he is now referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Now as for the electoral college, There are important distinctions to be made where it seems they have been covering it somewhat on fox and other sources, but conveniently leaving out crucial details. I'm un-surprised, yet grateful to have a chance to bring this up, as it is very important. Buckle up because its going to take a minute.

I suppose the first thing to dispell is the notion that the electoral college is legally bound to vote along with the state. Yes, part of its implementation was so that representatives from the states could carry results back to Washington, but it also held an important role that it has never had to uphold before.

The founding fathers understood that it was possible for a popular man to sweep up votes, and since news travelled so slowly back then--that some of those votes could come from a public that simply didn't have access to information on certain candidates. So they wanted one last thing in place to safeguard the office from someone who was unfit to hold it.

In the words of Alexander Hamilton himself: "Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States".

The electoral college and popular vote have only diverged 4 times in our history, including this last vote. With precisely no other candidate in history as lacking in experience, and possessing 'talents for low intrigue and the little arts of popularity', this entire thing is tailor-made to put a penny on the Trump-trains track, provided that the college fulfill its role and not rubber-stamp this embarrasement into the White House.

As for voting in Clinton instead, this is a possibility but not the only one. It would also be possible to vote in some other republican like Romney or even Kasich for example. How? Because if neither candidate gets 270 votes, the decision would go to the House of Representatives and they would decide the presidency. Of course, since the other branches are republican controlled, jittery people who don't want a Trump administration don't want the chance to see if the House puts him in office even if the Electors rise up to protect the country/world from his lack of sound judgement.

For a little additional info, here is a 5 minute video Cpg Grey did on the college https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wLQz-LgrM&t=2s

And here is a petition with 4.6m signatures that is being used to help spread awareness that this entire thing is even possible. Note that even though contact information for electors is available and people have a 1st amendment right to contact them, that the petition itself is not asking people to do that, because overly anxious people and angry Trumpkins are already filling up their inboxes. The notifications on the petition state that its the first of a step by step thing to raise awareness and intends to lobby the electors directly.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-c...on-december-19

Its also worth mentioning that there is a subset of electors within themselves that are dubbing themselves "Hamilton Electors' and are not persueing a Clinton installation, but wanting to put some other Republican in Trumps place. They understand that many of the other Right-leaning electors would vote on the devil himself if he had an R next to his name then vote a democrat into office and loose the 3rd branch again, and instead are focusing on the most important goal of it not being Trump.

Here's a small article detailing their latest efforts earlier today. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...mmittee-231970

I dearly hope that all these efforts deliver us a December Surprise for the first time in our history--I voted for Clinton but would still cheer Kasich into office over Cruz or Romney because he completely avoided everything to do with Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well I'm not clear on what the "cheating" is, but beyond that no one is offended by the same old tough guy rhetoric. Especially not now after all the whining about how mean the "lefties" were and how even "The Trump" needs a safe space away from it all.
    There's contextual differences between whines and a complaints though.

Getting annoyed and protesting in a debate because you falsely got told you was a priviledged racist is more of a complaint.

Losing in a vote and then crying about it and wanting to change the rules in the hope you can overturn the outcome is a whine.

Complaints can be justified. Whines can not.
    If you aren't a Socialist by age 20, you have no heart. If you are still a Socialist by age 40, you have no head.
    The Left MUST appeal to the low paid white working class male if they want to regain ground. Rejecting them and castrating them in favour of a cheaper immigrant worker has backfired spectacularly.

The protestors today are exactly why we need to put Dodgeball back into schools and only give trophies to winners
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

This is what Trump needs to authorize for use against recount protesters blocking traffic or becoming violent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of awareness in posts like these never becomes less staggering.
    Isnt it though. They ran a candidate who did nothing but scandalize and throw shit but apparently the left lost because it didnt run a substantivr enough campaign... yea trumps a real.policy wonk let me tell you

7+ Year Old Account
    I underestimated the internationally embarrassing backwardness of middle America.
    This sh-t right here, this sneering and elitist disdain for the working class, is why we have President-elect Cheeto.

Let me be clear ( har har I know, an Obama phrase): I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Tennessee primary, and reluctantly for Clinton in the general. I remain 100% convinced that Bernie would have rolled over Trump in the general election, or perhaps even as part of a Clinton/Sanders ticket.

Why did the Democrats lose? Identity politics. Trying to sell universal pre-k, the war on women, free trade, "white privilege", and etc etc etc outside of liberal enclaves is a fool's bet. If I may resurrect an old phrase, " It's the economy, stupid."
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson