PTR Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred Buff??

Is it a buff or only a tooltips/calculating change ??

Damage-wise it will stay the same. As it is now, it reflects 200% of your max hp. New one will reflect 4x 50% of your hp. This means it is a nerf to survivability, but it will be easier to utilize the damage potential of it, as you only need to take 1/4th of the damage you need to in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by jatox View Post
    Damage-wise it will stay the same. As it is now, it reflects 200% of your max hp. New one will reflect 4x 50% of your hp. This means it is a nerf to survivability, but it will be easier to utilize the damage potential of it, as you only need to take 1/4th of the damage you need to in its current state.
    It's terrible in one aspect because it rules out reflecting a LOT of things because they'll simply kill you through karma now.
    Last edited by snegro; 2016-11-30 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thephat06 View Post
    Is it a buff or only a tooltips/calculating change ??
    Dmg will be the same, just absorb will be 4 times lower. So it will be easier to exploit max reflect, but if you need to use karma as defensive CD, it is a huge nerf (1M-ish absorb to 4M-ish).

I use karma almost exclusive for dps gain, so not bad change :P

I have mixed feelings about this. I really like the utility this cloak offered, but the damage increase makes it more consistent for offensive use. If you are geared, its roughly 5 mil damage every 2 mins, which is nearly twice as much as ToD will give.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, it's a nerf. Before it was 150% of your HP and thus you did 150% of your HP damage back to the target while also absorbing more damage.

Now it'll remain 50% of your HP and it'll deal the same 150% HP back to target.

So it's same damage increase while being a severe damage absorption nerf.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

This change makes this legendary the best dps legendary in the game, now it's extremely hard to proc the full 4+ million dmg unless you cheese mechanics, after the "nerf" you can pretty much always proc it and benefit always from the HUGE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Technically, it's a nerf. Before it was 150% of your HP and thus you did 150% of your HP damage back to the target while also absorbing more damage.

That is what i was afraid of. I mean, it CAN be a bitch to apply the full damage effect in the current version, but i find it more interesting to look for high damage sources than to dip into a small damage pool and almost kill myself in the process.

They could at least have gone with 50% more absorption and adjust damage from there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Abit mixed feelings about this, they just made sure we always benefit from the extra damage because atm there are many fights that you can never utilize it 100%, and yes it is a damage absorb nerf which dissapoints me a lot, TOK is a life saver in many situations plus brings some utility to the raid

Deleted
    Honestly i find it to be a huge nerf. As it stands in high-end mythic + and in raids monks are on the lower end of the survivability scale and before this change it made us able to compete. But although I am deeply sadden by this change I want to raise a bigger issue, and that is; Why are rogues literally immortal while the rest of the melee squad are left bare. Rogues have - as it stands - Evasion, faint, Cloak, and cheat death. While we only have karma which is now only 50%. And a possible talent for magic dmg. So my question is how do the devs not see this as an issue and am I the only one thinking that the scales are a bit tipped in the rogues favour?
    Last edited by mmocdc33bf9127; 2016-11-30 at 10:48 AM.

As a recent owner of the legendary cloak, I personally like the change because in the current version you need to go out of your way to fully utilize it, taking Guarm charges and cleaves, eating Horn of Valor in the face etc (on heroic at least). Unless you intentionally fail major boss mechanics, there is usually just not enough damage taken to fully make use of the improved Karma. And I wouldn't call intentionally eating deadly and avoidable boss abilities and giving heart attacks to raid leaders as "survivability". With the change, we will be able to play normally and get the same DPS increase. Some people might have liked the "thinking out of the box" aspect and niche utility uses of it but I myself prefer the consistency and convenience of the changed cloak.

Edit: Just noticed the damage they deal is not the same for both versions. %200 HP and %50 HP x 3 are different values. The maximum damage reflected will be nerfed by %25 with the proposed change. I'd still take the new one though.

Edit 2: I was wrong, thanks for correcting me.
    Last edited by Tokero; 2016-11-30 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokero View Post
    Edit: Just noticed the damage they deal is not the same for both versions. %200 HP and %50 HP x 3 are different values. The maximum damage reflected will be nerfed by %25 with the proposed change. I'd still take the new one though.
    Lets say you have 2.4 mio hp

Before:
    2.4 * 2 = 4.8 mio Absorb/dmg

After
    2.4/2 = 1.2 mio
    1.2 *4 = 4.8 mio Absorb/dmg
    (300% more = *4)

Its the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokero View Post
    As a recent owner of the legendary cloak, I personally like the change because in the current version you need to go out of your way to fully utilize it, taking Guarm charges and cleaves, eating Horn of Valor in the face etc (on heroic at least). Unless you intentionally fail major boss mechanics, there is usually just not enough damage taken to fully make use of the improved Karma. And I wouldn't call intentionally eating deadly and avoidable boss abilities and giving heart attacks to raid leaders as "survivability". With the change, we will be able to play normally and get the same DPS increase. Some people might have liked the "thinking out of the box" aspect and niche utility uses of it but I myself prefer the consistency and convenience of the changed cloak.

For a 300% increase you multiply by 4 ( for a 50% increase you would multiply by 1,5 etc ) so it is the same dmg