Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm so tired of this shit. They have broken both my chars - DK (All specs) and Warlock.

what the fuck happened to the class design team? was class fantasy an excuse for them to fucking lose it this expansion? is this the result of hiring a bunch of number-loving theorycrafters and letting them actually use their brains for something that isn't calculations? at this point they have know how many people are pissed about changes and they just don't fucking stop.

it isn't just the typical backlash of every expansion, these people need to get it into their FUCKING skulls that there are severe flaws within the core of multiple specs and pissing off the people who play those specs is just going to make it worse. how the fuck can they get away with changes this big in the middle of an expansion?

/salt

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for changes addressing Fury issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah 1 sec fire blast CD increase and buff to pretty much every other spell. Rip.
    These are changes compared to previous PTR build not to live build, on top of that they don't talk about some other spells which were changed in previous build. So when you see Fireball dmg changed from 1 + 175% to 1 + 200% it doesn't mean a buff if on live it's like 250% (and you use fireball as little as possible so horray buffs!), fire blast got nerfed which is next to pyroblast the base spell for rotation, Rune of Power is still nerfed, crit strike passives are still nerfed, nobody uses flamestrike and meteor because they are shite so literally nobody cares about buffs to that, sure, buffs to fire, do you even play a mage or do you just look at numbers and think "hurr durr green means good"

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Wait, am I reading this right? Holy Pallies who are already the top healer in the game are getting healing buffs? Wha...?
    Not sure what you are reading, but there is only one change in all that text that effects Holy Pally PVE and it's a tune to a talent that is only used in 5 mans: "Beacon of Virtue 15% changed to 10% of Base Mana".

I'm also not sure why you think Holy Pallies are the "top healer in the game"? By what measure? See: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12/#metric=hps

Deleted
    Most changes are utter garbage. They don't respect playberbase investment and comments. Except for this one class that we all know. xD 0/10

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah...exactly what i'm feeling. Where are the Fury Changes/Balances? Do they really change more Arms related stuff? First letting arms being unbalacend powerful, then nerfing him and fury was untouched till then, then buffing fury, but all other classes to and it changed nothing as it was before and now they are really nerfing Dragons Roar?!?! Whats wrong with those poeple? Do they forcing us to pick Froathing Berserker...no one wants to reach 100 rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    lets buff marksman and fire because they are not high enough
    Have you seen last PTR changes you moron?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Not getting it...Not maining a warlock this expansion,but I have a warlock alt and...what the f are you actually doing?Tuning some useless talents?Getting a feeling,that only place,where locks are currently ok, is a bg...pve?Forget about it. But it seems,that this is yet another case,where devs think,that locks are there,where they are supposed to be.Not a single lock spec seems appealing.
    You are, totally right, everything, is fucked, and, Warlocks, are just going, to, be ignored, ,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Did Marks really need these kind of buffs? JFC
    Even after these buffs I'm still seeing about 20k dps loss single target from live. Remembering marks singletarget on live is bottom of the barrel.

Deleted
    RIP Fire Mage

no Icy Floes. Nice work Blizz. Very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Fire a) wasn't buffed. Some damage is being moved from the burst phase into sustain. You forget that the huge Combustion nerf is still there. With this chances are they'll remain where they are now but be less bursty; and b) are already on the low end of the spectrum for raiding. A mage popping CDs and doing a million dps in your daily heroic on a 30s fight is not a proper reference for the class.
    yeah you are totally right just ahead of DK's,DH's,monks,druids,shamans,rogues,paladins and warlocks, propesterous there are 2 classes that may be passing them...NERF THEM NOW

Deleted
    The point is : They didn't keep their Blizzcon Promises twice in a row in a month. They keep making huge mistakes. Don't listen to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    These are changes compared to previous PTR build not to live build, on top of that they don't talk about some other spells which were changed in previous build. So when you see Fireball dmg changed from 1 + 175% to 1 + 200% it doesn't mean a buff if on live it's like 250% (and you use fireball as little as possible so horray buffs!), fire blast got nerfed which is next to pyroblast the base spell for rotation, Rune of Power is still nerfed, crit strike passives are still nerfed, nobody uses flamestrike and meteor because they are shite so literally nobody cares about buffs to that, sure, buffs to fire, do you even play a mage or do you just look at numbers and think "hurr durr green means good"
    I'm looking right at Wowhead and WoWdb for Fireball live and the first build's notes, it's 175% not 250%, so yes, it is a buff. Same for Fire Blast(unless your'e referring to 'cookie cutter flame on'). I also have the notes for the previous 'build' open and am seeing in total a lot of underperforming, and more importantly DIFFERENT SITUATION talents that make up for things the playstyle lacks. Why that matters? I played Fire in WoD and was going to pick it up for my alt, but it looks so much like 'cookie-cutter central', and I like to have fun and be moderately competitive. I know right, someone between Mythic Raiding and LFR?!? Blasphemy. Every single cookie cutter talent now has some actual competition. How the fuck is that a bad thing? So what the overall spec was nerfed by a fraction(and yes, it is a fraction in the grand scheme of things)? I'm actually excited to pick fire up again because there's a good deal more freedom, or at least 'closer gaps' between 'top tier' choices and not.

I'm getting really tired of these "They buffed underperforming talents, that's stupid" mentality. I'm dealing with it here, and I'm dealing with it with Frost DK's, another alt I'm looking at making more main. Breath of Sindragosa buffs, even though no nerfs to the Other 2 playstyles of talents that it's waaay behind). I've also dealt with it via community 'attitude' towards Shadow Priests that don't go S2M right now(people expecting me to use it in 5 mans, when, guess what? It's dogshit in 5 mans) both from outside AND WITHIN the shadowpriest community. People complaining about how they hate that non-S2M talent choices are getting buffed. I'm just sick of it, and your "hurr durr green means good" comment was the last straw. I'm done trying to show the 'bright side' of changes(not nerfs, not buffs, changes period) and what they can do for playstyle choice for those that aren't trying to get that extra 1% dps over their raid buddies. I'm out for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilfayt View Post
    I played Fire in WoD
    So you actually have no idea what you're talking about, I'm not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Azteh View Post
    It certainly seems like it.
    it would seem as if they're moving Blood DK away from the high damage, self-sustain build, and more towards a cooldown-orientated, damage smoothing model, which certainly would improve their standing in high-end raiding, as barely anyone uses them currently!

Quote Originally Posted by alpablo View Post
    yeah you are totally right just ahead of DK's,DH's,monks,druids,shamans,rogues,paladins and warlocks, propesterous there are 2 classes that may be passing them...NERF THEM NOW
    You are obviously misinformed. Whoever killed Helya and didn't have enough shadow priests, brought Warlocks.

Below are the current ToV ranking for both the 75th and 99th percentile. You tell me if mages seem out of line to you.

But I understand, bashing someone else for being OP is easier than to admit that you just aren't as good as you think you are.
    You may now kiss the ring.

I always loved those graph, they are not reliable.
    For example the rogue, reading your graph you think sub is the best of the 3 specs, even outlaw is just behind assa. Look at the real numbers to understand this is completely false.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    I always loved those graph, they are not reliable.
    For example the rogue, reading your graph you think sub is the best of the 3 specs, even outlaw is just behind assa. Look at the real numbers to understand this is completely false.
    But.... these ARE the real numbers. These are not sims, these are averages of logs from all the guilds doing ToV.

Here are heroic (only last week, all bosses, all dps, 75 percentile):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...7&difficulty=4

And these are mythic (again only last week, all bosses, all dps, 75 percentile):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#sample=7
    Last edited by mmoc1564c00bad; 2016-11-30 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Not sure what you are reading, but there is only one change in all that text that effects Holy Pally PVE and it's a tune to a talent that is only used in 5 mans: "Beacon of Virtue 15% changed to 10% of Base Mana".

I'm also not sure why you think Holy Pallies are the "top healer in the game"? By what measure? See: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12/#metric=hps
    You're looking at the HPS which is irrelevant. What you should be looking at to give you the best idea is the number of parses in the high end rankings. You'll see the top 2 are Druids and Pallies. They are the ones getting invited to the raids...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama