Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's never funny when blizz caves to PC idiots

sad and pathetic, deserving of scorn, yes.
    It's not really PC IMO. More like out of character with the rest of Blizzard flavor text. It's not really funny, but realistically violent. I think it is fine without the flavor text, or they could just have dummies of the faction leaders you'd like to kill but no ones does anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    It's not really PC IMO. More like out of character with the rest of Blizzard flavor text. It's not really funny, but realistically violent. I think it is fine without the flavor text, or they could just have dummies of the faction leaders you'd like to kill but no ones does anymore.
    Hahahah realistically violent text.

Remove swords from WoW guys, this triggers me so much to see people get hurt with them ;_;

Deleted
    Humor is subjective, i found it funny.

Also what do you mean by "realistically violent". Are you saying a dummy named that actually encouraged stabbing males with past female relations? Surely there are no other violent video games in which "realistic" violence is encouraged or depicted we should deal with first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look... Some idiots went mad when saw Ex Boyfriend Dummy name and blizz decieded change the name to Sturdy Love Fool.

GG Blizz, another fail from you!

I hate the WoW community sooooo much

15+ Year Old Account
    Zek's Exterminadus is a Westworld quote

Deleted
    The only thing more pathetic than whining about the name of the dummy is whining about the people who whine about it. Who gives a flying fuck, you people are sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Humor is subjective, i found it funny.

Also what do you mean by "realistically violent". Are you saying a dummy named that actually encouraged stabbing males with past female relations? Surely there are no other violent video games in which "realistic" violence is encouraged or depicted we should deal with first?
    By realistically violent, I mean something that actually happens. No one kicks live gnomes in real life or shoots squirrels out of bows or fights orcs.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with the name. People throw darts at pictures of people they don't like or burn pictures or other things, but the name and the text take out all of the nuance and just make it cruel. "Ex Boyfriend Dummy" is funny, but with flavor text about stabbing IRL ex-boyfriend, not so funny. At least for me and it seems Blizzard too.

Deleted
    They're not changing Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus?
    fml

Sad to see people defend domestic violence just because it's a male on the receiving end.

Deleted
    By realistically violent, I mean something that actually happens. No one kicks live gnomes in real life or shoots squirrels out of bows or fights orcs.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with the name. People throw darts at pictures of people they don't like or burn pictures or other things, but the name and the text take out all of the nuance and just make it cruel. "Ex Boyfriend Dummy" is funny, but with flavor text about stabbing IRL ex-boyfriend, not so funny. At least for me and it seems Blizzard too.

If the creator did not think it would be funny, he wouldnt have made it. You honestly dont think blizzard changed it because they went from "hehe thats a bit funny" to "no wait, this is wrong, this is very very wrong, bad blizzard" in a few days.

They were pressured to do so, just look at all the PC threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's to do with disassociation. We are not playing a life simulator, it's wow. Anything that touches on issues that people may or may not have encountered in their real lives, in this case, domestic violence can hit a bit close to home - that's realistically violent. People don't walk around with swords anymore cutting each other up and no one casts spells - so it's easy to say it's just fantasy.

Whether you interpret it to be unoffensive because it's a male on the receiving end is irrelevant. You have been culturally engineered to think that way. Man big and strong like OX e.t.c

Generally games avoid making the player the focal point of abusive situations, you may see it but very rarely are you actually involved. A game where you had to systematically stab your partner to death would be banned.

It is all in the flavour text but "it's just a game man".

Next thing: Banning pet battles! It glorifies animal abuse!

Also "killing things" must be purged from the game! And carrying illegal weapons!

The shade of xavius void bolt fix is a bit late, isnt it? This spell was so fucked up with tyrannical!

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Hahahah realistically violent text.

Remove swords from WoW guys, this triggers me so much to see people get hurt with them ;_;
    Foam swords got us covered. But we should really put gun control on hunters and ban all explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yes cause you just ignored te huge critnerf to fire. At least try.

Or please quit, cause your negativity has a huge impact on your reading skill.

I was waiting for this kind a post, and I tought to myself, wich class would that person play?

Yep, a warlock.
    Only a mage could receive a 42!!!% baseline buff on his biggest dps spell and a 20% minimum baseline dmg increase on everything and still complain.
    Because only a mage is used to getting nerfs reversed overnight.
    Only mage forums are flooded with blue posts on every change.
    Only a mage would be seeing the dev team doing their best to tune them and fix them while ignoring most other classes and be unhappy.
    Spoiled class.

Quote Originally Posted by kavousanos View Post
    Only a mage could receive a 42!!!% baseline buff on his biggest dps spell and a 20% minimum baseline dmg increase on everything and still complain.
    Because only a mage is used to getting nerfs reversed overnight.
    Only mage forums are flooded with blue posts on every change.
    Only a mage would be seeing the dev team doing their best to tune them and fix them while ignoring most other classes and be unhappy.
    Spoiled class.
    You mean 12% on pyroblast? And minimum -10% overall baseline nerf(including fireball and pyro buff)? With the crit-nerf they report 100k less dmg on dummies on this build vs the old wich also was a huge nerf. What the hell are you talking about?

Good, about time.

Double standards are bad.

Deleted
    No more instant AB, no more Ice Floes (we get some talent allowing us to channel AM and Evocation while moving instead, lol) - way to kill Arcane mobility. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Sad to see people defend domestic violence just because it's a male on the receiving end.
    Oh fuck off, reaction would be the same if it was simply "Ex"