Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I really really miss symbiosis

Had a lot of fun with that spell in MoP.
    Especially linking to a priest in rbgs as rest

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss my Lilypad. T_T I quite enjoyed having a dash all the time.

It was a fun ability, and one that was relatively well designed to boot. I can understand why they removed it in the end, but it's also one of the more obvious downsides of homogenization.

I loved it, because I'd play Resto druid, symbiosis a priest in raids, and life grip people to their deaths. Elegon i'd grip them on the floor before it despawned then had my priest mate grip me to safety, or on the wind bridge in ToT.

Always a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I loved it, because I'd play Resto druid, symbiosis a priest in raids, and life grip people to their deaths. Elegon i'd grip them on the floor before it despawned then had my priest mate grip me to safety, or on the wind bridge in ToT.

Always a good laugh.
    This is why I miss it too...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    This is why I miss it too...
    And then people raging priests for killing them. :3

Deleted
    It was a very cool spell , even more situational ones like copying feign death from hunters xD

Sad that blizzard seems to delete any fun spell for the sake of this stupid balance (which never really existed lets not have any delusion).

Well at least some pvp talents are still fun for several specs

They did say they went overboard with pruning. If there was a time to make noise to bring it back, now is that time.

I think it may be too powerful in pvp though, so the odds are really bad.

It was fun, but completely broken in heroics. Double dispels and all that. Anyway, we got the most useful one as an artifact trait anyway: Spiritwalker's Grace for Tranquility. I do miss having Ice Block, though.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

it was fun, but pretty broken. Ice block for resto druid? Don't mind if I do!

Ice Block was useful against those mongoloid triple dps. I cannot say how many times it stopped them in their places.
    People hated MoP but now many say it is the "Best" expansion. Given enough time, WoD will be the "Best" as well, I dare say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    it was fun, but pretty broken. Ice block for resto druid? Don't mind if I do!
    Especially on heroic Malkorok. With displacer and ice block, you were pretty much a mage for a day. Helped a lot with how obnoxious and glitchy that fight was.

I mean, we've lost so much utility I don't see why Symbiosis couldn't return. Stampeding Roar is gone from Resto/Balance and it makes me cry every time
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean, we've lost so much utility I don't see why Symbiosis couldn't return.
    Because it broke encounter mechanics. Being able to pick up a second dispel with a separate cooldown wasn't balanced.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure was a pretty damn fun skill, and very unique compared to what we had before and now.

yeah i really miss it too>.>

note: i'm a rogue and got Growl (which just turned me into a tank for 30-40 seconds) and it was so amazing on a couple of boss fights :P
    also was awesome for solo'ing with my lily pad xD

ps. i also know our balance druid misses his cloak of Shadows :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post
    I can understand why they removed it in the end, but it's also one of the more obvious downsides of homogenization.
    I never played a druid - what was the reason for removing it? Always felt silly to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I never played a druid - what was the reason for removing it? Always felt silly to me.

It was too powerful for obvious reasons. However I think that overpowered abilities should exist in the game because its still a game after all, the competitive side should come second.

Of course that means that each class should have some broken/fun ability not just druids

With so much pruning it is natural to miss Symbiosis.

However it was very broken, varying between obviously OP or useless depending on your group.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    It was too powerful for obvious reasons.
    I am very sorry, I do not see this obvious reasons. I am not trying to be ignorant on purpose, but I have no idea what this reasons are. Please explain it to me as if it was not obvious.