Poll: Is 7.1.5 make or break for you?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't even recognize the rogue I have been playing for 12 years and there is zero indication that 7.1.5 will do anything to fix it

Ability pruning is a cancer, and for veteran PvPers like me it is 100% killing the game
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    7.1.5 has no bearing on if I play or not.

I am having fun, and Legion is great for my play style.

they can do whatever they want with my class and spec. im still gonna play it.

learn to adapt and stop QQing about every lil thing.

With the current changes on the PTR for Shadow Priest, and the fucking blatant LIES they said they'd take a look at the other level 100 talents [they just nerfed StM again, and nothing else]... I seriously ain't looking towards these fucking pathetic changes to them.

And seeing how Season 2 for PvP is out on the 13th, that'll be the date of patch... so 2 more weeks after this week's reset.

Fuck you Blizz.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-11-29 at 09:19 PM.

It's not make or break for me, although I'm concerned for destro's place in PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Nope, enjoy the game. The loot system sucks but only playing in guilds around the 500-800 ranking so AP, Legendary and general gear doesn't really matter. It'd be nice if they're resolved but i'm happy atm

10+ Year Old Account
    The obly bad thing about Legion is the legendary system so...
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Think about it this way dude. If you buy a product. Do you log on to forums or contact the company who made it if you're satisfied to discuss how much you love it? No, you do taht stuff when it's not working and you're pissed. It's the same with forums like this. I can bet 1000 000 bucks that at least 30% of the entire playerbase have never even heard of MMO-champion, because they're just casually playing the game without a care in the world.
    It goes both ways. It's not just those who are unhappy with the game that post here.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Read the forums.

Ability pruning / class balance, PVP, legendaries (read the last revelation of a soft cap, for example, that's just icing on the cake), alt unfriendliness.

I think Legion is good or could be made good, but it does have a ton of big problems.
    Are they "real problems"?

Class balancing has always been an issue. Some class just performed or scale better. This is not new.

I do not PvP so cannot comment on that.

Ability pruning?

Legendaries. Is this really an issue or simply personal grievance that they should/deserve a legendary simply because of grinding? Remember, people wanted RNG legendary. Blizzard gave us that.

Personally I do not see any big problems. What I see is people realizing what they though were good ideas, such having a grind (AP), or a real main, or RNG legendary, was not quite as great as they though it would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Legion has launched with many problems and many questionable design decisions which the developers have said they are planning to address in 7.1.5. Given that the playerbase has already been patiently waiting almost 3 months for these changes, is 7.1.5 make or break for you? Or are you willing to give them more time beyond 7.1.5 to fix these underlying issues (that really should have been addressed in the historic 8 month long Alpha + Beta)?
    Looking at the community, it seems that a lot of people have already quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Game is pretty great right now. Most of the problems in Legion are way over-exaggerated.
    The only problems with the game right now are coming from the handful of about 100 players, if even that, who think they need full bis legendaries and haven't gotten them yet and 895 titanforged in every other slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    The only problems with the game right now are coming from the handful of about 100 players, if even that, who think they need full bis legendaries and haven't gotten them yet and 895 titanforged in every other slot.
    If you want to play an alt you have to level it to 110 and then park it in the order hall for two weeks before it becomes playable due to artifact knowledge research.

would say its a problem.

The AK catchup is all the way to 20!? That is huge for alts!

I already unsubbed because of the toxic community being exacerbated by the mythic or die policy that luckily is being reversed in one of the upcoming patches (7.2 I think?) So I might come back for that, though I'd appreciate the RNG bs being reduced first.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I don't even recognize the rogue I have been playing for 12 years and there is zero indication that 7.1.5 will do anything to fix it

Ability pruning is a cancer, and for veteran PvPers like me it is 100% killing the game
    Nah you just a cry baby, league of legends has 3 skills and the difference between a good player and a decent one is HUGE.
    (yeah this isnt a LoL forum or about LoL, but any one who says pruning is killing the game is dumb af, LoL has 3 skills and a ultimate and is way more skill based then WoW with 10+ buttons)

Also, go play a WOTLK server and you will see how useless half of the now gone abilitys were lmao

Quote Originally Posted by hamp696 View Post
    Nah you just a cry baby, league of legends has 3 skills and the difference between a good player and a decent one is HUGE.
    (yeah this isnt a LoL forum or about LoL, but any one who says pruning is killing the game is dumb af, LoL has 3 skills and a ultimate and is way more skill based then WoW with 10+ buttons)

Also, go play a WOTLK server and you will see how useless half of the now gone abilitys were lmao
    Do not take this trollbait.

But yes, rogue is awful right now, but take a look at hunter, its absolutely pruned to death. I thought they learned from WoD pruning. Hunter in MoP was hard, but very rewarding. You didn't use most abilities all the time ofc, but it could give you an edge in those kinky situations they did had a use. Knowing your class meant something.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpoon View Post
    Are they "real problems"?

Class balancing has always been an issue. Some class just performed or scale better. This is not new.

I do not PvP so cannot comment on that.

Ability pruning?

Legendaries. Is this really an issue or simply personal grievance that they should/deserve a legendary simply because of grinding? Remember, people wanted RNG legendary. Blizzard gave us that.

Personally I do not see any big problems. What I see is people realizing what they though were good ideas, such having a grind (AP), or a real main, or RNG legendary, was not quite as great as they though it would be.
    I am mostly interested in PVP, and ability pruning / class balance was definitely a big problem there.

To give you an idea of how big, here's my recent post from the sibling forum:

---
    Legion season 1 is already ending in two weeks, see the front page.

Final participation stats (via arenamate):

3v3 ladder is 64% that of WoD season 3 on EU, 56% on US.
    RBG ladder is 43% that of WoD season 3 on EU, 37% on US.

These losses are about the same percent-wise as the disastrous losses of subs for the entire WoD. And that's just the first season!

Somewhere, in the world, in the instances, etc, the good Legion bravely marches on. But in PVP we have the bad Legion that is losing players several times faster than Warlords of Draenor used to!

Good job, Holinka. Please tweet more silly pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am mostly interested in PVP, and ability pruning / class balance was definitely a big problem there.

To give you an idea of how big, here's my recent post from the sibling forum:

---
    Legion season 1 is already ending in two weeks, see the front page.

Final participation stats (via arenamate):

3v3 ladder is 64% that of WoD season 3 on EU, 56% on US.
    RBG ladder is 43% that of WoD season 3 on EU, 37% on US.

These losses are about the same percent-wise as the disastrous losses of subs for the entire WoD. And that's just the first season!

Somewhere, in the world, in the instances, etc, the good Legion bravely marches on. But in PVP we have the bad Legion that is losing players several times faster than Warlords of Draenor used to!

Good job, Holinka. Please tweet more silly pictures.
    Has nothing to do with balance.

There is actually content for PVE and mythic+ is something people like my self have always wanted.

I pvp'ed about 85% of my play time since TBC.

I haven't done 1 arena or 1 BG this entire expansion. Not due to class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by hamp696 View Post
    Has nothing to do with balance.

There is actually content for PVE and mythic+ is something people like my self have always wanted.

I pvp'ed about 85% of my play time since TBC.

I haven't done 1 arena or 1 BG this entire expansion. Not due to class balance.
    That's your reason, others have different reasons.

In my opinion, the complete failure of PVP in WoD has two main reasons:

1. Terrible changes to gearing / powering up (long story, see PVP forums for tons of details, really hard to have alts is here).
    2. Very shoddy changes to classes (ability pruning is here, among other things).

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Do not take this trollbait.

But yes, rogue is awful right now, but take a look at hunter, its absolutely pruned to death. I thought they learned from WoD pruning. Hunter in MoP was hard, but very rewarding. You didn't use most abilities all the time ofc, but it could give you an edge in those kinky situations they did had a use. Knowing your class meant something.
    Lmao just because you dont agree with somebody doesn't make them a troll