Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atlings View Post
    What's so wrong with mage atm?
    They got feedback literally out of someones ass and base their changes on that because no actuall mage complained about anything fire related, it was just fine as it was but apparently fine is too much fun and blizzard doesn't like fun, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    How is gameplay changed? Rotation is still the same
    Uhm, by making burst alot less important. Changing to 1mill burst to 500k is a significant change to gameplay(just picked some numbers but not far from it) Rotation might be the same, but the outcome from how you play is different.

And reading posts above this pretty much shows that people share that opinion. A bursting gameplay is different than non bursting gameplay. Its gonna have a significant effect especially in mythic +
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-11-30 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    They got feedback literally out of someones ass and base their changes on that because no actuall mage complained about anything fire related, it was just fine as it was but apparently fine is too much fun and blizzard doesn't like fun, once again.
    We already know where they got it, Ornyx kindly told us that everyone in guild chat and trade chat said fire mages needed fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    So many drama queens in here.
    Yup... totally just drama queens... no legit complaints or anything...

Just a quick thought, if they kept the mechanics/gameplay as live, but nerfed the burst dmg by 10-20% would that make you guys satisfied? It seems most people are not thrilled with the changes to the spec rather then the nerf to dmg (of course, some people will always complain solely on dmg nerfs, but from my experience, most fire mages perform really well in lower ilvl's compared to other classes due to their stat weights - it does even out quite a bit round 870).

Deleted
    ''Oh noes, I went from ridiculously powerful in every single scenario to good in every single scenario, surely this qualifies as ''completely wrecked''... cry some more. If you honestly thought a spec would stay the best forever you are delusional. And with the amount of AK you have now, switching to a new spec isn't as bad as at the start of the expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atlings View Post
    I don't understand the decision to complely overhaul the classes this late in the game. What's so wrong with mage atm? Most people seem to like the gameplay, and we're not in any way overpowered. I'm locked into fire by my legendaries, and still working on artifact power. I can't just change to arcane or frost without going back several weeks. Yeah, I know this is just PTR, but it seems pretty clear that things are gonna change drastically.
    Honestly, could you fucking calm down? 'Completely overhaul', what are you talking about? It's just a tuning of numbers. Why are people overreacting in such an insane way, it's getting out of hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I call it nerd rage

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Honestly, could you fucking calm down? 'Completely overhaul', what are you talking about? It's just a tuning of numbers. Why are people overreacting in such an insane way, it's getting out of hand.
    Do you even play fire mage?

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    ''Oh noes, I went from ridiculously powerful in every single scenario to good in every single scenario, surely this qualifies as ''completely wrecked''... cry some more. If you honestly thought a spec would stay the best forever you are delusional. And with the amount of AK you have now, switching to a new spec isn't as bad as at the start of the expansion
    fire mage is below average on a pure ST fight and only becomes viable with the wrists. How about you stop being so ignorant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramenkoenig View Post
    He doesn't even have to play fire mage, he didn't even read the whole thing if he calls changing and removing talents "tuning of numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    1: Fire isn't ridiculously strong in every situation. If you look at the numbers it is the middle of the pack on most fights. Even Blizzard says on live Fire is in a good place, IE not to strong not to weak.
    2: AK Isn't the only thing to consider when talking about switching specs, legendaries are a huge factor as well.

Fire: Perception Vs Reality
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...2276010?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

I call it nerd rage
    Its rather justified at this point. Last build Blizz told us was just a mechanics pass and numbers would come down the line. After adjusting numbers for the first time we are actually worse off after getting more nerfs to crit and pyretic incantation. Our current state on live is huge burst low sustained. Our current status on PTR is mediocre burst low sustained. We have zero reason to just sit back and calm about this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramenkoenig View Post
    Do you even play other casters?

- - - Updated - - -

1: Fire isn't ridiculously strong in every situation. If you look at the numbers it is the middle of the pack on most fights. Even Blizzard says on live Fire is in a good place, IE not to strong not to weak.
    2: AK Isn't the only thing to consider when talking about switching specs, legendaries are a huge factor as well.

Fire: Perception Vs Reality
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...2276010?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

Its rather justified at this point. Last build Blizz told us was just a mechanics pass and numbers would come down the line. After adjusting numbers for the first time we are actually worse off after getting more nerfs to crit and pyretic incantation. Our current state on live is huge burst low sustained. Our current status on PTR is mediocre burst low sustained. We have zero reason to just sit back and calm about this situation.
    Well, if you're still unhappy after the last PTR build I'm not sure you'll ever be satisfied. Fireball buffed, Pyroblast buffed, Fire Blast buffed, Flamestrike buffed, Scorch buffed.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2016-11-30 at 10:55 AM.

Considering where Fire Mages in particular were before the nerfs... indeed no legit complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you're still unhappy after the last PTR build I'm not sure you'll ever be satisfied. Fireball buffed, Pyroblast buffed, Fire Blast buffed, Flamestrike buffed, Scorch buffed.
    You are right. Lets nerf a spec by 30% then buff it by 5%.. Why are you complaining we buffed you!

- - - Updated - - -

I call it nerd rage
    Hm, where was I being hysterical exactly? Telling people to fucking calm down for a forum post is pretty fucking rude. I'm no theorycrafter, but if Komma says things are going to change, I believe it.
    Last edited by atlings; 2016-11-30 at 11:06 AM.

I played almost every class in wow at some point. But this is not about me, it is about you. You claim gameplay has not changed. It cerntainly has. So either you don't play fire mage and are just here to troll, or you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Either way, get out of this thread.

Pyro hits 60k less for me on PTR than live , even after buffs : ) mostly due to PI nerf . And 10% less crit on PTR
    Last edited by Idriss; 2016-11-30 at 11:20 AM.

Sounds like those buffs didn't even make up for the nerf to PI, let alone how low we were to begin with.

I'm still trying to figure out how any of the changes do what they set out to do, make crit less important of a stat. So far it looks like to me they've made it even more important because you will need to stack it even more to try and get back to a more fluid rotation.

The changes really are mind boggling at this point. I get wanting to lower burst and increase sustained, but right now they have done nothing but nerfed burst and I'm guessing with crit that low it's going to be rather frustrating to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Idriss View Post
    Pyro hits 60k less for me on PTR than live , even after buffs : ) mostly due to PI nerf . And 10% less crit on PTR
    Yep, fire is still in a terrible place. I don't get why they're having such a hard time balancing it though; the problems are obvious.

Deleted
    1: Fire isn't ridiculously strong in every situation. .
    It's because people like him they are doing this uncalled for changes, poeple on trade screaming "fire op", "fire too stronk hurrr"