Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

RNG? When/where - whats the talk about?

Can anyone explain me, where/when you feel locked behind the RNG(as if it takes all your power and makes you deal so much less DPS)?

I'm wondering. Every person is keep throwing this critic(seems just for the sake of it, like for RNG reasons).

I need examples.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-30 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Let's say you have the bracers for the comparison and you are fighting Il'gynoth

Scenario 1:

You start the fight and use outbreak on the firsttentacle, you use festering strike twice and got 8 wounds, you then use soul reaper and apocalypse just before the tentacle died, then you move on to the next one next one, your dps is in line with the rest of the raid.

Scenario 2:

You start the fight and use outbreak, then you use festering strike twice and got 4 wound, you wait for the rune that is missing and use festering strike again, you got 2 wounds again and are sitting at 6, the tentacle is about to die so there is no point on using Apocalypse or Soul reaper, you instead use SS to kill it and move on to the next one. Same thing happens.

On the first scenario you are in line, on the second one you have all your cd's that you weren't able to use and now you have no clear place to use them for the rest of the fight, you are now behind because festering strike fucked you up.

This is extreme and on many other figts it would only delay and not destroy you like this example, but there is the RNG you are asking for.

I know perfectly that you know exactly where the RNG is but you want to stay on your crusade calling everyone casuals.

It's easy. When you start the fight, you use your pre-pots, cast festering strike 3 times just to see that you only got 6 stacks.
    Therefore you can't cast Apocalypse because its inefficient. Just one example but this one hurts the most when you can't get your burst out in the early phase of the fight (your only strenght as uh dk)

Deleted
    Aha.

So, you rather want 1 festering = 8 wounds?

Or complete revamp of the spec?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-30 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    Here is another example of RNG

From having 2 wounds per FS to 6. Having bracers:

4 GCD, 7 runes, 3 FS, 1 SS, 6 Wounds = Average 1,43 million damage with my gear.

4 GCD 6 runes, 2 FS, 2 SS; 12 Wounds = Average 2.01 million damage with my gear

Same time spend, less rune spend and WAY more damage.

That is RNG. Is it neccessary? maybe, it's variance it's too high? maybe, should be removed? maybe, should fix our problems? maybe.

It's just there and it affects us all while playing unholy.

Nobody is asking for 8 wounds per FS, but 2 as min is horrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    Here is another example of RNG

From having 2 wounds per FS to 6. Having bracers:

4 GCD, 7 runes, 3 FS, 1 SS, 6 Wounds = Average 1,43 million damage with my gear.

4 GCD 6 runes, 2 FS, 2 SS; 12 Wounds = Average 2.01 million damage with my gear

Same time spend, less rune spend and WAY more damage.

That is RNG. Is it neccessary? maybe, it's variance it's too high? maybe, should be removed? maybe, should fix our problems? maybe.

It's just there and it affects us all while playing unholy.

Nobody is asking for 8 wounds per FS, but 2 as min is horrible.
    I mean if they buffed it a bit, with the "RNG FACTOR"(God how I hate it)in mind, it would work out, regardless of you get 2 wounds or 4 wounds per festering.

I don't see why the hate on RNG is so common.

Deleted
    festering should just give 4 wounds all the time is what most people are saying, its rng for the sake of rng and doesnt add anything,

however doing just that would make castigator a handful to use, as youd go 2 wounds over cap with a single crit, castigator currently works because of the rng element

the only ways that i can see to fix this is to either;
    have castigator not affect festering strike at all and buff the effect on scourge strike to compensate (increase to 2 base, +1 on crit for either shadow or physical effect so it would burst 2-4 wounds)
    or increase the cap of festering wounds, but that would require limiting the ammount that apocalypse can pop to 8 to stop people from stacking wounds further

Deleted
    No, festering should give 8 wounds. The next topic would be why sudden doom is so random(sudden, if you see what i did).

If they want they can just buff it, and you still do fine damage with 2 wounds and even more with 4.

Come on now, let's be more cool about RNG. Let's have some loyality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I don't see why the hate on RNG is so common.
    Because it's make or break on certain scenarios and it fucks you up for no real reason, it won't separate good dk's from bad dk's. It will fuck everyone regardless of skill. it might be big or small but it feels awful when it happens and that drives people mad.

When you look back at your logs or your performance and think "what could i have done better?" and see that the answer is "nothing" at least on that regard, it's annoying.

Can anyone explain me, where/when you feel locked behind the RNG(as if it takes all your power and makes you deal so much less DPS)?

I'm wondering. Every person is keep throwing this critic(seems just for the sake of it, like for RNG reasons).

I need examples.

Thanks.
    i see no issue with the RNG. i feel the issue is more that sudden doom is a nuisance than a satisfying proc.... as DC shares GCD and cant always cast all my DC leaving my runic power capped when iv got all my runes. not to mention the dmg is sub par. at least make sudden doom proc make DC do more dmg or somthing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 666gene View Post
    i see no issue with the RNG. i feel the issue is more that sudden doom is a nuisance than a satisfying proc.... as DC shares GCD and cant always cast all my DC leaving my runic power capped when iv got all my runes. not to mention the dmg is sub par. at least make sudden doom proc make DC do more dmg or somthing.
    Agreed 100%.

Aha.

So, you rather want 1 festering = 8 wounds?

Or complete revamp of the spec?
    We want Festering strike to apply a flat amount of wounds, instead of 2-4, a flat 3, 4 with castigator.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    We want Festering strike to apply a flat amount of wounds, instead of 2-4, a flat 3, 4 with castigator.
    sounds like cookie cutter rogue/feral combo points to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 666gene View Post
    sounds like cookie cutter rogue/feral combo points to me
    Jeah but it is the same... just with much more rng...

Deleted
    You want a list?

Festering strike is RNG about wound amount
    Castigator extra wounds is RNG
    Castigator extra wound proc on scourge strike is RNG
    Death coil proccing scourge of world is RNG % based
    Unholy output legends are almost all RNG procs on wounds and runes besides the shoulders.
    Virulent plague outbreaks are RNG
    Runic corruption proc rate is RNG
    Sudden doom is RNG
    Fallen crusader proc is RNG, so you cannot always time it with abilities
    Scourge of the unbeliever is 10% RNG if it gives back a rune after scourge strike or not

I mean... if you think about it... around 80% of our kit varies on RNG. It is not that surprising people complain that UH dps easily can swing many many thousands of DPS, with the exact same skill involved.

As mentioned already in this thread, the most visible and frustrating situation is seen in our opener. There is a huge difference between having 7-8 wounds and a rune ready for SR, or having 6 wounds and being rune starved.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-11-30 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You want a list?

Festering strike is RNG about wound amount
    Castigator extra wounds is RNG
    Castigator extra wound proc on scourge strike is RNG
    Death coil proccing scourge of world is RNG % based
    Unholy output legends are almost all RNG procs on wounds and runes besides the shoulders.
    Virulent plague outbreaks are RNG
    Runic corruption proc rate is RNG
    Sudden doom is RNG
    Fallen crusader proc is RNG, so you cannot always time it with abilities
    Scourge of the unbeliever is 10% RNG if it gives back a rune after scourge strike or not

I mean... if you think about it... around 80% of our kit varies on RNG. It is not that surprising people complain that UH dps easily can swing many many thousands of DPS, with the exact same skill involved.

As mentioned already in this thread, the most visible and frustrating situation is seen in our opener. There is a huge difference between having 7-8 wounds and a rune ready for SR, or having 6 wounds and being rune starved.
    Except no one gives a fuck about that, we're the RNG and as far as 7.1.5 ptr shows "we work as intended", we're not mages or hunters who need changes and so on, no no, we're good in their eyes, lets wait for another 50% buff to DC if even that happens...
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    DKs actually are one of the least RNG dependent specs (before bracers) in terms of dps output.
    Yes, RNG heavily influences how you play (Wounds) but it doesn´t affect your dps so much, since we have so many damage sources.

With the bracers the RNG is a bit bigger, but variance in DPS is still not higher than most classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    DKs actually are one of the least RNG dependent specs (before bracers) in terms of dps output.
    Yes, RNG heavily influences how you play (Wounds) but it doesn´t affect your dps so much, since we have so many damage sources.

With the bracers the RNG is a bit bigger, but variance in DPS is still not higher than most classes.
    Its like the same people are quoting the same wrong proven phrases....

Yes we have many dmg sources and?

I give you some examples:

If we had 10 dmg sources and only 2 were RNG dependant.
    You must look at how much dmg the 2 rng dependant sources do...
    if the 8 not rng rependant dmg sources are doing like 15% of your whole dmg... then still with only 2 rng dependant dmg sources... u are screwed because of RNG.

NOW about the UH DK:
    Yes we have many dmg sources... but every one of them is RNG dependant...and thats where the problem is.

Mage or Feral for example are rng dependant too... but the rng they are speaking about is the dmg rng.
    UH DK rng is not only dmg but DMG-SETUP too....and thats where is the problem.. people want less rng in DMG or/and in DMG-Setup

As UH DK u need to watch for timers to know where u need to stop doing dmg to cap runes for adds incoming etc.

Or at start of the fight where u cant even do your standart opener with a prepot cause RNG screwed everything

UH DK arent rewarded with anything if we play smart... it still the same RNG...
    Last edited by mmoc15f6548a96; 2016-11-30 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    People already told you dozen times what RNG is in the other thread and here you go again and open a new thread to argue once again for the sake of arguing, pathetic.

Deleted
    Death Coil should be like it does x amount of dmg per Runic power you have. Therefor you want it to go up to 100 and making you get some juicy damage. Sudden doom could be you do hit the target for lets say 100 runic power but unable to crit. (Theerefor not making the proc to powerful)