Does it change anything at least?
    Is Warrrior of Elune now competitive?
    Soul of the Forest?
    Stellar Flare?
    Stellar Drift?

Would be nice if a more Theorycrafting Moonkin could give some answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    Soul of the Forest?
    Stellar Flare?
    Stellar Drift?

Kinda hard to theorycraft when it hasnt even been out for 12 hours. Our aoe/cleave is gonna get better and single target gets better with 4 piece now that we will actually us it.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Kinda hard to theorycraft when it hasnt even been out for 12 hours. Our aoe/cleave is gonna get better and single target gets better with 4 piece now that we will actually us it.
    Just an impatient man >.>

Had hoped for a more universal buff. Especially Singel target. Nerf to ED and buff dots or something.

Deleted
    Soul of the Forest?
    Stellar Flare?
    Stellar Drift?

Learn how to do the math on your own if you are so inpatient.

Yeah. I think of levling my second and third druid! Just to get new rolls on the first legendary..

Soul of the Forest?
    Stellar Flare?
    Stellar Drift?

It will remain the same for raid/st, but you will definitely take soul of the forest, stellar drift and maybe even warrior for more burst ap generation-> burst aoe

Not really, still only hits 1 other target. Unless you mean 2 targets as aoe.
    They might not have that great an effect, although it has the potential to cut prep time in half, but the stats certainly don't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Commandor View Post
    Instead of increasing the radius of Fury of Elune, they buffed the damage of it, I still believe it needs at the minimum 3 yards increase in radius
    It's not shit because it's to small, it's shit because its scaling can't keep up with SS/SF and it's way to complicated for the payoff to set up and maintain in modern day encounter designs.

Deleted
    Stellar drift looks strong and the talent that now reduces starfall cost by 20 might allow boomkins to stack starfalls like elemental shamans do with earthquake.

Earthquake is still a more useful AOE though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumdidum View Post
    Single target the stats are not that far apart, so without a need to reach a breakpoint (only needed with Ed) the stats are not that bad
    I realize that, but I was hoping they would make the gap smaller between the players with and the ones without ED.

I have enough haste to cast emp LS between SS with ED. Now I did some dummy testing and with my current haste, I have lik 0.4 sec left from ED. If I lose like 800 haste from a trinket and add 1000 versa and more intellect, I get like 0.2 sec left.
    Should I go for versa or stick to haste?

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Stellar drift looks strong and the talent that now reduces starfall cost by 20 might allow boomkins to stack starfalls like elemental shamans do with earthquake.

Earthquake is still a more useful AOE though
    Can we actually stack our starfall though? Doesn't it just refresh it? Basically wasting ap if you cast it too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mastho View Post
    Can we actually stack our starfall though? Doesn't it just refresh it? Basically wasting ap if you cast it too soon
    Yes we can, but only the raw dmg stacks not the dot dmg increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    I think the, "We don't bring much to mythic+" statements are a little outdated now.

Innervate can help a healer tremendously on long boss fights that have the tyrannical modifier.

Battle Rez. Nough' said.

Solar Beam has saved my tank countless times.

Typhoon/Bash extremely helpful in almost any situation.

Guardian Affinity to taunt a boss away from the tank with high necrotic stacks. Or to tank a boss if a tank dies during the end of a fight. Many scenarios.

Blink for important mechanics.

Armor. A caster with a shit ton of armor helps in some situations/fights.

Large AoE room coverage with dots and Starfall cleaving.

Regrowth. Self healing or tossing a heal out to someone in need. Always welcome for progression in mythic+.

One thing I did wish we had still was Stampeding Roar. I think both Druid DPS specializations should have this. But that probably won't happen.
    Innervate- amazing spell and unique.

Battle Rez- enough classes have it that it isn't amazing to just bring a boomkin because battle rez, doesn't make up for other faults.

Solar Beam- An AoE stun is just as good if not better then solar beam, those classes with AoE stun usually bring a separate kick to go with it. I really look at it as a ranged 45 seconds kick/silence. Not unique.

Typhoon/bash- Powerful but it isn't unique at all.

Guardian Affinity- I can tank without it, the true winner with Guardian Affinity is the heal. I prefer Resto Affinity in Dungeons.

Blink- not unique, the fact that we are a turret class takes away from blink because we need to stay.

Armor- It is nice but not super helpful as you are ranged. It isn't needed nor should be looked as why you should bring a boomkin. Other classes have more utility to survive with way less armor.

Large AoE room Coverage- this is a catch 22, it is good but you need to be careful as it is a large coverage. That being said, it still doesn't put us as competitive.

Regrowth- It is a weak shitty heal. Compare to other classes, even ones that are not hybrids, it is so god damn weak when we compare regrowth.

The only reason people bring my to mythic+ is because they know me. People don't usually go "we need a boomkin", all we really bring is innervate that is unique and that doesn't make up for a lot of our flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    Armor- It is nice but not super helpful as you are ranged. It isn't needed nor should be looked as why you should bring a boomkin. Other classes have more utility to survive with way less armor.
    There's quite a bit of ranged and AoE damage affected by armor going around in dungeons. Don't underestimate it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's quite a bit of ranged and AoE damage affected by armor going around in dungeons. Don't underestimate it.
    I am not but it is still not as useful as other classes utility to survive is what I am trying to get at here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mastho View Post
    It does stack the base damage but not the buff to our dots.

What the 40 cost is to lower our ramp time on AoE.

It would most likely be better to either sit on AP ooorrr use starsurge for the lunar strike buff. That 40 cost gives us a lot of freedom.

Deleted
    For anybody that would like to know my thoughts on the 7.1.5 PTR changes so far, you can find them here: https://gebuz.wordpress.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gebuz
    thank you for the analysis, but now I'm sad

I think you should keep the stats on the legendary shoulders in mind for your evaluation, especially with the dearth of shoulder slot items in Legion raids.(seriously, what's up with that?)

It might not be the best Legendary bonus, but it's definitely a decent piece of shoulder gear.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think you should keep the stats on the legendary shoulders in mind for your evaluation, especially with the dearth of shoulder slot items in Legion raids.(seriously, what's up with that?)

It might not be the best Legendary bonus, but it's definitely a decent piece of shoulder gear.
    Theres plenty of shoulders with haste, and it isnt hard to hitting the haste breakpoints right now. Shoulders MIGHT be the 4th best legendary, maybe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Battle Rez- enough classes have it that it isn't amazing to just bring a boomkin because battle rez, doesn't make up for other faults.
    Missing the point.

Regrowth- It is a weak shitty heal. Compare to other classes, even ones that are not hybrids, it is so god damn weak when we compare regrowth.
    The fact we can spot heal whenever we want something not every other class can do. Again missing the point. Sure it's nothing comparable to lets say, Commanding Shout, a long Cooldown.

Solar Beam- An AoE stun is just as good if not better then solar beam, those classes with AoE stun usually bring a separate kick to go with it. I really look at it as a ranged 45 seconds kick/silence. Not unique.
    Well, that's you're opinion. Solar Beam on a 45 second CD with an 8 second silence is pretty solid.

Innervate- amazing spell and unique.
    Yes, it is amazing! 20% haste + free casting for a healer on a long fight is very powerful.

Typhoon/bash- Powerful but it isn't unique at all.
    What? Typhoon is very unique and powerful. Especially with Bolstering/Necrotic Modifier.

The only reason people bring my to mythic+ is because they know me. People don't usually go "we need a boomkin", all we really bring is innervate that is unique and that doesn't make up for a lot of our flaws.
    I'm on a high pop server and believe it or not some people actually look for a Balance Druid for high Mythic+. If they bring you just because they know you, then thats fine. But I personally keep up with tons of DPS classes and bring all this unique utility. And now in 7.1.5. we'll be doing even more AOE. Sounds like you're playing with the wrong crowd.

Theres plenty of shoulders with haste, and it isnt hard to hitting the haste breakpoints right now. Shoulders MIGHT be the 4th best legendary, maybe.
    I never said there aren't. Thing is, there's next to no shoulders in raids at all.