Poll: Who would Varian pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The thing with the corwn is that you don't get to pick your successor, it is hereditary.

Then again this position of "High King" never made any sense to me at all. More than anything really it seems to be joint supreme commander, not a governmental position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Aysa Cloudsinger

I have no proof or reasoning behind saying this but anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and I will defend my point to the death and create various rage threads until people eventually surrender and admit that I was right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    I wish the Horde and Alliance would both become just a couple of races allied with each other,without an overall faction leader.Like,Orcs would have a Warchief,but he is only an Orc leader.Similarly humans would have a King but he would have no power over the other races.

Orcs- Warchief
    Tauren- High Chieftain
    Trolls- Chieftain/King(Rhastakhan)
    Blood Elves-Reagent Lord
    Forsaken- Banshee Queen
    Goblins- Trade Prince

Humans- King
    Night elves- Highpriestess and ArchDruid
    Dwarves- Council of Three Hammer/High King
    Draenei- Prophet of the Naaru
    Gnomes- High Tinker
    Worgen- King

Pandaren-Ambassador ??
    they could do it, but they think they need to fuck the Horde lore, for reasons i dont know, maybe to please the fanboys

Deleted
    He kind of did; right within the 1st 2 minutes of Legion; and by that i mean the opening cinematic.
    He chose his son, because he knew Anduin would not go further with the faction war.

Now if the question was: Who would he pick if he could do that in his last moments.
    I think Genn would be the answer then; since all he knew was that horde ran and left them to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I wish the Horde and Alliance would both become just a couple of races allied with each other,without an overall faction leader.Like,Orcs would have a Warchief,but he is only an Orc leader.Similarly humans would have a King but he would have no power over the other races.

Orcs- Warchief
    Tauren- High Chieftain
    Trolls- Chieftain/King(Rhastakhan)
    Blood Elves-Reagent Lord
    Forsaken- Banshee Queen
    Goblins- Trade Prince

Humans- King
    Night elves- Highpriestess and ArchDruid
    Dwarves- Council of Three Hammer/High King
    Draenei- Prophet of the Naaru
    Gnomes- High Tinker
    Worgen- King

Pandaren-Ambassador ??
    I've always thought the Horde, given its nature as a looser coalition of racial factions tied together for mutual protection, should actually be run by a council as opposed to a single leader-figure like the more military structure of the Alliance. Perhaps a council composed of the current faction leaders and a few of their appointed dignitaries - ensuring that the combined military assets of the Horde serve its people as opposed to pursuing personal agendas or vendettas. Garrosh's descent likely wouldn't have been possible in such a scenario - the absolute power invested in the Warchief position has always struck me as odd given the weaker bonds of the Horde's client-races.

The Alliance has a stronger structure and overall unity between its members, in my view. This is represented in the way reputations are displayed in-game. Blood Elves and Forsaken start at a lower position than the Trolls, Orcs, and Tauren with one another.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've always thought the Horde, given its nature as a looser coalition of racial factions tied together for mutual protection, should actually be run by a council as opposed to a single leader-figure like the more military structure of the Alliance. Perhaps a council composed of the current faction leaders and a few of their appointed dignitaries - ensuring that the combined military assets of the Horde serve its people as opposed to pursuing personal agendas or vendettas. Garrosh's descent likely wouldn't have been possible in such a scenario - the absolute power invested in the Warchief position has always struck me as odd given the weaker bonds of the Horde's client-races.
    if the Horde ever formed a council, it would never agree on something, even in Thrall era the Horde has done something's that some members of the Horde didn't want to participate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    if the Horde ever formed a council, it would never agree on something, even in Thrall era the Horde has done something's that some members of the Horde didn't want to participate.
    That's possible, but the Horde has always coalesced and moved with harmony when it counted - and I've never felt this was entirely due to the Warchief's influence in most cases. It would be ideal for the Horde to work on binding its client-races together better first, though; a decentralized command hierarchy requires greater cohesion from its constituents.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    That's possible, but the Horde has always coalesced and moved with harmony when it counted - and I've never felt this was entirely due to the Warchief's influence in most cases. It would be ideal for the Horde to work on binding its client-races together better first, though; a decentralized command hierarchy requires greater cohesion from its constituents.
    that was possible if Vol'jin was not dead, but in era where the biggest influence in the horde are forsaken, not just as Warchife but as the most stabilized nation of the horde, it won't happen,
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similarly humans would have a King but he would have no power over the other races.
    Humans- King
    So a separate king for all the humans? Like Stormwind, Dalaran, Gilneas, Stromgard all have a High King?

I wish the Horde and Alliance would both become just a couple of races allied with each other,without an overall faction leader.Like,Orcs would have a Warchief,but he is only an Orc leader.
    Orcs- Warchief
    Well, the current structure of the Horde is just a legacy of the original. The original government of the orcs was basically like ancient Europe and Catholicism. Each clan was an independent country led by their chieftain, who consulted their clan shaman and showed deference to their unifying religious leader, the Elder Shaman.

The Warchief, was exactly what it says on the tin, the war chief. Basically Supreme Allied Commander. The person to coordinate their military actions. The Warchief was chosen democratically by the chiefs (identical to SAC). They still followed the religious leader, which during the war with the Draenei, was Gul'dan and the Shadow Council.

The clan system was destroyed on Azeroth when they lost the 2nd War and were thrown into the internment camps. The only clans to maintain that system were the ones that didn't get captured. Without clan leaders, the Warchief became their leader, eventually having Durotar as the super-clan/kingdom. Because Thrall reintroduced shamanistic teachings, he was de facto Elder Shaman as well. This is how the Warchief became the absolute ruler.

The Horde structure didn't have any special provision for external races, it just treated them as a separate clan. But in Thrall's New Horde, a clan has internal autonomy, but swears an oath and is subject to his rule. As the WoW manual says, Warchief has dominion over all of them. This is the legacy he passed to Garrosh and what we have today.

If the Horde were to change its structure to be closer to that of the Alliance. The orcs' more traditional way would be to remain as individual clans +Durotar and each is treated as a separate nation within the Horde. This is similar to the trolls (Darkspear and Revantusk tribes are independent of each other). Or they could follow an Elder Shaman, who represents them in the Horde. The clans could merge into the Durotar kingdom and have a High Chieftain, who represents them in the Horde, similar to the tauren nation.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-11-30 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So a separate king for all the humans? Like Stormwind, Dalaran, Gilneas, Stromgard all have a High King?.
    The King of Stormwind who rules over everyone and anyone under the banner and protection of the Kingdom of Stormwind.Similarly Gilneas would have their own King if the choose to be a separate kingdom. Stromgarde is nonexistant and Dalaran can be its own thing;a coallition of different races with interest in magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Well, the current structure of the Horde is just a legacy of the original. The original government of the orcs was basically like ancient Europe and Catholicism. Each clan was an independent country led by their chieftain, who consulted their clan shaman and showed deference to their unifying religious leader, the Elder Shaman.

The Warchief, was exactly what it says on the tin, the war chief. Basically Supreme Allied Commander. The person to coordinate their military actions. The Warchief was chosen democratically by the chiefs (identical to SAC). They still followed the religious leader, which during the war with the Draenei, was Gul'dan and the Shadow Council.

The clan system was destroyed on Azeroth when they lost the 2nd War and were thrown into the internment camps. The only clans to maintain that system were the ones that didn't get captured. Without clan leaders, the Warchief became their leader, eventually having Durotar as the super-clan/kingdom. Because Thrall reintroduced shamanistic teachings, he was de facto Elder Shaman as well. This is how the Warchief became the absolute ruler.

The Horde structure didn't have any special provision for external races, it just treated them as a separate clan. But in Thrall's New Horde, a clan has internal autonomy, but swears an oath and is subject to his rule. As the WoW manual says, Warchief has dominion over all of them. This is the legacy he passed to Garrosh and what we have today.

If the Horde were to change its structure to be closer to that of the Alliance. The orcs' more traditional way would be to remain as individual clans +Durotar and each is treated as a separate nation within the Horde. This is similar to the trolls (Darkspear and Revantusk tribes are independent of each other). Or they could follow an Elder Shaman, who represents them in the Horde. The clans could merge into the Durotar kingdom and have a High Chieftain, who represents them in the Horde, similar to the tauren nation.
    The entire structure of the Horde was established so that Guldan could hold absolute power in the end.While this basically leads to a dictatorship and a possibility of more Garroshes,it did turn the orcs into an incredible fighting force.They seemed to thrive under this power structure even during Garrosh's reign so why not keep it like it is.

The other races on the otherhand should be allowed their own leader imo,mainly because submitting you entire people under the control of a foreign leader is not a realistic thing to do.This should have been made abundantly clear after Garrosh's reign.

They're all fucking stupid and incompetent, worthless and unintelligent besides Anduin.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They're all fucking stupid and incompetent, worthless and unintelligent besides Anduin.
    Who is the collective "they" to which you are referring?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Anduin is an incompetent brat with no experience in leadership at all, let alone military leadership. Absolutely worthless.

His son obviously or do people forget how monarchys work?

Yes i know High King is suppose to be like Dwight Eisenhower back in WW2 someone who is supreme commander but would a Human ever trust a non human for that title? NOT FUCKING LIKELY!!!!

hmm lets see , human have the biggest military power in alliance ,hmm who would i put in charge of big human focused military....my son or some non human? rly hard decision.../s ofc he would pick his son !

10+ Year Old Account
    Genn is human...

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    His son obviously or do people forget how monarchys work?

Yes i know High King is suppose to be like Dwight Eisenhower back in WW2 someone who is supreme commander but would a Human ever trust a non human for that title? NOT FUCKING LIKELY!!!!
    Why would any other race trust a human?

Oh, right, Blizzard's shit writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Thats a thread in all its own!!!

It is kinda funny watching all the other races groveling at Anduins feet and non of them had the balls to say HEY you know what fuck him im in charge!!

OH WAIT there was his name was Genn Greymane and thats why there is conflict between the horde and ally
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-12-02 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So like the name of thread says let imagine what Wrynn could pick next High King after his death and rest of the Alliance would agree. Who do you think he would pick?
    i think he chose anduin for a reason... the letter said to choose anduin... so he did choose allready...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

they kinda dont have a choice...without humans the alliance are just bunch of scattered milita who dont trust each other.....the human empire is the glue that stick the whole alliance together ! not to mention the one with biggest army and military bases