Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    "How it that racist?", "Don't call him racist, that's why he won."
    No, he won because he managed to somehow convince people he was a populist that would stick up for the little guy. He would be a voice to the disenfranchised. He would drain the swamp and get the money and interests out of politics. It was all obvious lies, of course. And you can clearly see the evidence of that right now if you cared to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Looks like another Goldman Sachs guy in the Trump Administration. This one with direct ties to Maddoff and mass foreclosure. That's at my count 2 billionaires and 2 GS bankers, and a cohort of political insiders in this "people's cabinet".

Oh and an EdSec with no experience personally or professional in public schooling, an AG who was too racist for the 80s and doesn't like the VRA, and apparently a HUD Director who thinks that the Fair Housing Act is "communism".

Think its safe to say his supporters were duped.
    When they said 'Make America Great Again', I didn't realise that meant going back to Gilded Age policies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    No, he won because he managed to somehow convince people he was a populist that would stick up for the little guy. He would be a voice to the disenfranchised. He would drain the swamp and get the money and interests out of politics. It was all obvious lies, of course. And you can clearly see the evidence of that right now if you cared to.
    Oh I know that. He won by conning the working class plain and simple. I just find this meme going around (that people actually believe) to be funny. That calling literal white nationalist neo-nazi supporters of his racist is what drove people to the polls because muh PC or something.

Looks like another Goldman Sachs guy in the Trump Administration. This one with direct ties to Maddoff and mass foreclosure. That's at my count 2 billionaires and 2 GS bankers, and a cohort of political insiders in this "people's cabinet".

Oh and an EdSec with no experience personally or professional in public schooling, an AG who was too racist for the 80s and doesn't like the VRA, and apparently a HUD Director who thinks that the Fair Housing Act is "communism".

So much for "Draining the swamp"...

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Firstly, not all his flip-flops are for the better. E.g. Trump is staffing is team with lobbyists, bankers and third-rate sycophants, like Steven Mnuchin for Treasury.

Secondly, making the President illegitimate is a winning political strategy. E.g. Obstructionist GOP threatening US with default, multiple times, and creating a government shutdown, Trump's racist lie that Obama wasn't born in the US
    The ones that really matter: Environment, etc I was referring to. He may be dumb and unpredictable, but he appears to at least listen to dissenting voices and adapt instead of ignoring them. I expected a man of his hubris to just scoff at dissenters.

Is "I'm not a Trumpster" the new "I'm not a racist but..."?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm not a Trumpster, but the politico list you attached is dishonest at best and a raging piece of liberal shit-prop at worst.
    Since you feel so strongly about it, it must be an easy matter for you to list a few of your specific objections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    So much for "Draining the swamp"...
    Had to drain the swamp, wasn't enough room in it for all his bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't happen to a more deserving pack of rubes. A guy spends his entire campaign telling transparent lies, flip flopping, and denying his statements that are a matter of public record. For someone to believe a word he says they'd have to exhibit a superhuman level of gullibility.

But oh no, Hillary gave a TALK to WALL STREET OMG you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Hey so far he's doing the only thing I cared whether he did or not: not continuing this crazy Cold War part two with Russia to wank his giant clit-dick

Everything else is moot. Now if/when he also starts murdering millions of people I'll change my tune.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Hey so far he's doing the only thing I cared whether he did or not: not continuing this crazy Cold War part two with Russia to wank his giant clit-dick
    The War in Imaginationland?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post

Everything else is moot. Now if/when he also starts murdering millions of people I'll change my tune.
    OK, you can change your tune once he orders air strikes against Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    The ones that really matter: Environment, etc I was referring to. He may be dumb and unpredictable, but he appears to at least listen to dissenting voices and adapt instead of ignoring them. I expected a man of his hubris to just scoff at dissenters.
    Like appointing a climate change skeptic to head his EPA transition.

Climate change will probably destroy the planet thanks to Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    When they said 'Make America Great Again', I didn't realise that meant going back to Gilded Age policies.
    The voters did.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama administration is full of alarmists, Trump administration will be full of deniers... who cares, it all balances out in the end. That's what we need anyways, a net balancing out between the two, which can accurately weigh how dramatic the effects of regulations will improve our environment while allowing us to be a filthy rich nation.

It sounds like a lot of people in here are pretty mad that Trump won and that right now, there's been no "bad news" to report on. I know, the world was supposed to crumble, we were supposed to be in a nuclear war right now, the stock was going to crash for good, all non-whites are supposed to already be in concentration camps... but none of it has just come true yet!
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-11-30 at 02:53 PM.

Thought Trump wanted to get rid of the EPA?

Also, climate change was going to destroy life on this planet long before Trump came along.

I am all for lowering our footprint on the environment and keeping this planet habitable for as long as we can, and I disagree with his stance of climate change not being contributed to by Humans. But humans were not the catalyst for climate change. It's always happened. Always will. But we can slow it down if we aren't dumb.

Which apparently a lot of people are dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I suppose there are multiple different reasons people are crying.

- For those that are ignorant and crying because their leftist friends have told them horrible things will happen, I actually do have some empathy, but the blame there isn't on the mean ol' Republicans, it's on leftists that have insisted on telling people that they'll be literally killed if Trump wins. I would very much appreciate it if Democrats would stop frightening poorly educated, emotionally unstable people.

- For people that fear deportation, I feel a jot of empathy, but mostly think, "tough shit". This is an outcome that these people should have known was on the table when they willfully broke American immigration laws. That they've been breaking these laws for a long time and getting away with it doesn't increase my empathy.

- Finally, the group that I'm actually laughing at are those with no real skin in the game who are mostly crying because of the sting of losing. These are the privileged academics in their sinecures who will go right on making six figures as diversity coordinators, the sort of people that describe themselves as "literally shaking with rage". Their ridiculous performance of showing how virtuously righteous they are is worth rolling eyes at and is pretty amusing when looked dispassionately.

This final group is, in fact, pretty loathsome in my views. The world is all about "who, whom?" for them and the thing they're most upset about is that they don't get to be the ones deciding the whom for a little bit.
    People aren't frightened because of liberal lies, they're frightened of things directly coming out of Trump's mouth. It is completely legitimate to be worried about a muslim registry, or mass deportation, or increased hate crimes, or gay conversion therapy, or neo-nazis, or trump's appointment of white supremacists, or his actions making sexual assault seem acceptable, or what a man notorious for his multiple failed business ventures might do to the economy, or the climate, or having trump in charge of the nuclear codes etc.

These are all legitimate fears where lives and livelihoods are at stake. We've had this conversion many times now. At this point you are being wilfully ignorant to claim that any fears regarding a trump presidency are only due to liberal fear mongering. It's not fear mongering when the danger is actually real. People should be scared. Explain to me why those issues I listed above are nothing to worry about? Government policy has resulted in civilian deaths before, why are you so adamant that no one is at risk this time?

So explain this to me. If Hillary Clinton appointed a Goldman Sachs exec as Secretary of Treasury the Trump supporters would be screaming "see she's corrupt and in Wall Street pocket!" Yet Trump does this exact thing and it's a good thing to Trump supporters?

obama i'm going to close gitmo... pretty sure gitmo is still open. Flops happen, promises are broken. I'll wait till his get some time in office before i judge to harshly.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    obama i'm going to close gitmo... pretty sure gitmo is still open. Flops happen, promises are broken. I'll wait till his get some time in office before i judge to harshly.
    Except Obama has done everything in his power to attempt to close Gitmo. Congress won't won't let him.

http://time.com/4179278/state-of-the...esident-obama/

and out of 779 prisoners only 70ish remain, so they've gotten rid of 90% of the prisoners there. (Of course the remaining are supposedly the worst of the worst and nobody wants them).

Not the same thing. Trump's flops aren't a "I tried and failed" They are a "I'm not even going to try and I'm going to do the opposite of what I said I was going to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Make America Great Again*

*for the top 1%. Some restrictions may apply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Thought Trump wanted to get rid of the EPA?
    Realizing that he can't totally disband it, he gave his intent to severely scale back their regulations. I don't know about you, but I like clean air and water. EPA regulations are exactly what is keeping things like the Flint water crisis from happening... everywhere.

Also, climate change was going to destroy life on this planet long before Trump came along.

I am all for lowering our footprint on the environment and keeping this planet habitable for as long as we can, and I disagree with his stance of climate change not being contributed to by Humans. But humans were not the catalyst for climate change. It's always happened. Always will. But we can slow it down if we aren't dumb.

Which apparently a lot of people are dumb.
    If it weren't for human activity, the earth would be cooling, and it was... before the industrial revolutions of the first countries fired up and we began using tons of oil.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Make America Great Again*

*for the top 1%. Some restrictions may apply.
    To think of it, how naive one must be to expect a person with net worth of $3.7b, who is an arrogant prick with overgrown ego bragging about his wealth and business all the time, to introduce policies that benefit anyone but himself... But then, people who think that lowering taxes for the richest benefits them somehow probably aren't friends with logic anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    To think of it, how naive one must be to expect a person with net worth of $3.7b, who is an arrogant prick with overgrown ego bragging about his wealth and business all the time, to introduce policies that benefit anyone but himself... But then, people who think that lowering taxes for the richest benefits them somehow probably aren't friends with logic anyway.
    B-b-but Reaganomics work!