Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Oh look... Some idiots went mad when saw Ex Boyfriend Dummy name and blizz decieded change the name to Sturdy Love Fool.

GG Blizz, another fail from you!
    Seeing people getting so butthurt over this is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    I'll make sure to throw up some threads on the official forums during Valentines about how WoW's holiday NPCs heavily promote only heterosexual relationships and that it upsets my trans girlfriend. Maybe I'll go down in history as the guy who got a WoW event changed.
    No no no, you have to do what they do in middle schools and younger in the US. Remove the holiday because it's not fair to kids who don't have a little girl/boy friend. Also demand that there be a hanukkah gnome, kwanzaa troll and athiest gobblin added to the christmas event. They should also remove halloween since it's promoting evil and pirate day since it's promoting raping and pillaging....in a game based on demoincally powered orcs who came to this planet to rape pillage and plunder being behind 3 wars where many have died horrible deaths, also where the last 3 expansions had Death in dragon form who used grimm batol as a dragon rape factory in the past woke up to kill 1000's of people and make a new dragon rape factory right to Orc Hitler and his final solution right to human demonic sacrifices on another world where goat people were being slaughtered.

Playing since launch, actually playing not "I heard cool things about classic I want a classic server" pretending to have played. I remember the first halloween event someone made a post how the hanging ghosts offended them because they had a suicide in the family. People gave sympathies but 10+ years later and still hanging ghosts. Now flavor text can't get out of testing with out triggering some tumblr-tard which blizzard is more than happy to pander towards.

I can't wait to see even more sweeping changes brought on by SJW complaints. Death from above becomes Hug from Behind. Wait, we can't hug from behind, because we can't just assume that the enemy wants to be hugged, so we'll nerf that into a mutually consensual handshake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Seeing people getting so butthurt over this is hilarious.
    Blizz did this year few fails, first was with changing victory pose for Tracer in Overwatch because feminist went mad.

Why would they remove haste from a resto druid legendary? That's their best secondary stat.

Deleted
    Hilarious to see altrghties mad because sjw were mad. The endless circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    If the creator did not think it would be funny, he wouldnt have made it. You honestly dont think blizzard changed it because they went from "hehe thats a bit funny" to "no wait, this is wrong, this is very very wrong, bad blizzard" in a few days.

They were pressured to do so, just look at all the PC threads.
    I'm sure at least one guy thought it was funny just like you did, but as a group, the devs did not think it was funny enough. I don't think Blizzard wants to portray themselves as encouraging this type of violence, so when people point it out, they realize 1) that it is there (because I doubt everyone knows every item and text in the game) and 2) that it is not in the character of their game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I'm sure at least one guy thought it was funny just like you did, but as a group, the devs did not think it was funny enough. I don't think Blizzard wants to portray themselves as encouraging this type of violence, so when people point it out, they realize 1) that it is there (because I doubt everyone knows every item and text in the game) and 2) that it is not in the character of their game.

Yeah just like they suddently envisioned tracers pose in overwatch, and their WHOLE statue was apparently also wrong, after multiple threads from angry feminists.

Sorry bud, but its peer pressure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    No more instant AB, no more Ice Floes (we get some talent allowing us to channel AM and Evocation while moving instead, lol) - way to kill Arcane mobility. ;_;
    Presence of Mind is baseline for Arcane, turning the next two ABs into instant casts.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Oh look... Some idiots went mad when saw Ex Boyfriend Dummy name and blizz decieded change the name to Sturdy Love Fool.

GG Blizz, another fail from you!
    Did the name change trigger your feminazi butthurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Them BoA Artifact Research Compendiums...

Ex-Boyfriend Dummy

"New toys? For me? I promise I won't break them this time!" ~ XT-002 Deconstructor

"Because stabbing the real thing is illegal."

"I'm ready to play!" ~ XT-002 Deconstructor

Sturdy Love Fool - Renamed from Ex-Boyfriend Dummy

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" ~ XT-002 Deconstructor

Description removed "Because stabbing the real thing is illegal."

"You are bad... Toys... Very... Baaaaad
    I'm tired of these toys. I don't want to play anymore!" XT-002 Deconstructor

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh Ahn'Qiraj Remembrance Day. A holiday where we can all remember the abject bewilderment and frustration we dealt with when our boats to Kalimdor from Eastern Kingdoms would somehow end up lodged in the woods of Stonetalon Mountains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Ex-Boyfriend Dummy

"New toys? For me? I promise I won't break them this time!" ~ XT-002 Deconstructor

"Because stabbing the real thing is illegal."

"I'm ready to play!" ~ XT-002 Deconstructor

Sturdy Love Fool - Renamed from Ex-Boyfriend Dummy

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" ~ XT-002 Deconstructor

Description removed "Because stabbing the real thing is illegal."

"You are bad... Toys... Very... Baaaaad
    I'm tired of these toys. I don't want to play anymore!" XT-002 Deconstructor
    This is glorious beyond words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Is there a place to see a full list of changes for the PTR not just the delta from the last set of patch notes? I want to see the full extent of changes between live and the current PTR build.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could've just changed it to ex-lover dummy and it would've been fine. Though I expect there would've been more backlash since if you think people rioted on the forums when it was about violence towards Men, imagine if it also included violence towards Women.

I know it was a joke and didn't really care that it existed, but I think people were less angry about the actual item and more at double standards.

Blizz did this year few fails, first was with changing victory pose for Tracer in Overwatch because feminist went mad.
    This is NOT what happened, and I'm sick of people painting it as the story. A father commented in a thread that he felt the pose was not in character for Tracer, and that he thought the sexualization of that particular character was not in keeping with Tracer's personality. Blizzard agreed with the point and stated they would modify it.

Then some people got upset with the change, claiming Blizzard was buckling to pressure, and went overboard in their criticism. THAT, in turn, is what got the wider SJW/Feminist/Progressive personalities involved in arguing with the 'anti-PC gamers' (for lack of a better term). Then, as usual, the two sides completely forgot about what they were arguing about, and then proceeded to tear each other apart.

I watched it happen in near real-time, and it infuriates me that we're so easily baited into assuming the worst out of every situation, and that any change a company makes HAS to be because of PC pressure, and not because they legitimately think it's a better fit for their game. Then, when people go overboard and start threatening peoples LIVES over it, they act surprised when people call them on it.
    Last edited by TheAngryGazebo; 2016-12-01 at 12:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lols @ the renaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabii View Post
    No no no, you have to do what they do in middle schools and younger in the US. Remove the holiday because it's not fair to kids who don't have a little girl/boy friend. Also demand that there be a hanukkah gnome, kwanzaa troll and athiest gobblin added to the christmas event. They should also remove halloween since it's promoting evil and pirate day since it's promoting raping and pillaging....in a game based on demoincally powered orcs who came to this planet to rape pillage and plunder being behind 3 wars where many have died horrible deaths, also where the last 3 expansions had Death in dragon form who used grimm batol as a dragon rape factory in the past woke up to kill 1000's of people and make a new dragon rape factory right to Orc Hitler and his final solution right to human demonic sacrifices on another world where goat people were being slaughtered.

Playing since launch, actually playing not "I heard cool things about classic I want a classic server" pretending to have played. I remember the first halloween event someone made a post how the hanging ghosts offended them because they had a suicide in the family. People gave sympathies but 10+ years later and still hanging ghosts. Now flavor text can't get out of testing with out triggering some tumblr-tard which blizzard is more than happy to pander towards.
    Please stop whining. You really think anyone wants to read your 'crying/typing' screed? Get over it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Presence of Mind is baseline for Arcane, turning the next two ABs into instant casts.
    They made it a base spell for arcane? NICE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by erogroth View Post
    Is there a place to see a full list of changes for the PTR not just the delta from the last set of patch notes? I want to see the full extent of changes between live and the current PTR build.
    You cannot 100% trust what is written here.
    It is just datamining.

But if you want to check what is in the new build, you can also have a look at your spec in the PTR talent simulator.

For example, it is not obviously written in the new patchnote, but if I look at the talent simulator for fire mage, molten armor (+10% crit rate + physical damage reduction) is back on lvl 50 baseline capacity. - would mean no more crit rate nerf for fire mage ? surprising.