Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    I still cringe that in Germany you're not allowed to buy a game that lets you kill nazis, even zombie nazis. Or using what most call the nazi symbol, despite it having been a religious symbol for thousands of years before hand.
    Didn't think blighty would be as daft with its censorship, guess I was wrong.
    Guess it's just overtuned political correctness... I just ignore it as it means nothing to me other than a historical burden of things that happend like 70 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post

In every sense of the word, Fuck the United Kingdom, even the usual government sycophants cant defend this shit.
    Oh trust me, you underestimate the amount of tired old nannies in this country who believe the bullshit of 'think of the children!', its really as bad as those people who believed 'make america great again'
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I feel like the only damn person that can see the potential the UK has if we just educated ourselves even a fraction more.
    Unfortunately, we're probably never have a political system in this country that doesn't extend beyond nanny state conservatives, or piss away money while keeping the 1% happy like labour. We have to dig out our own foxholes to get by here.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it is now legal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7445276.html

Saw perfect quote on Reddit other night:

""We're slowly reaching the point where the most far fetched part of V for Vendetta is the bloke smoking in a pub.""

The weird part is I always figured it was the Conservatives with the more interesting sex lives.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The weird part is I always figured it was the Conservatives with the more interesting sex lives.....
    That'll be why they sneaked in some exemptions/barriers to checking on those in govt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    That'll be why they sneaked in some exemptions/barriers to checking on those in govt.
    What exemptions, may I ask? I hear about this. Would that mean that an MP browsing at home is off the checklist? Surely an MP at home is just browsing online like anyone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    What exemptions, may I ask? I hear about this. Would that mean that an MP browsing at home is off the checklist? Surely an MP at home is just browsing online like anyone else?
    Everyone in blighty (& most likely everywhere else) can be checked over for "no reason required", unless you're an MP etc. For them, they have to jump through hoops, which of course they can turn around & say "get fucked".

"As the law is currently written, it requires that the Prime Minister must be consulted if a warrant is to be issued allowing for the monitoring of an MP’s communications. "

That was before the changes, now.....

"But the new amendment proposes that those requests must also go to the Speaker of the House of Commons, The Next Web points out. That is the only change so far submitted by politicians."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a6948211.html

- - - Updated - - -

Well, things are even worse than were expected to be.

"UK's new Snoopers' Charter just passed an encryption backdoor law by the backdoor"

They can demand ISPs remove any electronic protection on anything.
    "... looming possibility of crippled cryptography. There may be not much point using a VPN to conceal your web activities if it can be blown open by a technical capability notice."

If ISPs change something, govt has right to access & can say what they want changed, presumably to make it easier for them to continue spying on the natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    MP's are effectively exempt from the "Snooper's Charter" law. We literally have one law for some, and another law for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Except the nazi symbol is not a religious symbol, it's a flipped version of the religious symbol.
    And it is perfectly alright to use the religious symbol.

I would definitely be scared, specially since UK has arrested people for tweets and facebook posts.

I really can't think why they believe they will be able to stop terrorist attacks by that, I mean, you can set your own VPN (https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-14-04) in a server somewhere else (possibly Russia). How they plan on stopping that? you have an international credit card and they don't have jurisprudence over there, unless they want to make an UK firewall, anyone who actually wants not to be tracked can make it in less than a hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    MP's are effectively exempt from the "Snooper's Charter" law. We literally have one law for some, and another law for others.
    Britain has a culture of hushing things up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I would definitely be scared, specially since UK has arrested people for tweets and facebook posts.

I really can't think why they believe they will be able to stop terrorist attacks by that, I mean, you can set your own VPN (https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-14-04) in a server somewhere else (possibly Russia). How they plan on stopping that? you have an international credit card and they don't have jurisprudence over there, unless they want to make an UK firewall, anyone who actually wants not to be tracked can make it in less than a hour.
    I really don't believe their spiel about "but someone's got to stop the terrorists...".

Terrorists won't give a shit about much of this, as they can use burner phones & similar.
    Same as in France (or wtf it was) wasn't it? They started screaming about locked phones etc, yet not one of them had used any security at all on their mobiles.

The UK went full-Orwell 15 years ago when these posters appeared in London;

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The UK went full-Orwell 15 years ago when these posters appeared in London;

The main difference is that the government had absolutely no way to automatically check all the footage. Nowadays my home PC could go through the whole UK data in minutes.