Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Guess they shouldn't have wasted all that blood, eh?

Something else that just occurred to me - they weren't 100% certain that the virus wouldn't kill humans, even with whatever changes they made, so they couldn't just go straight to exposing the entire city. That's why they did that test run in the bar - if any humans were to die there, they'd be alien-loving scum anyway, so no big loss.
    Yep, that's what I figured as well.

Altho I'm curious, how did they know about that bar? And why were there so many humans there?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yep, that's what I figured as well.

Altho I'm curious, how did they know about that bar? And why were there so many humans there?
    Same reason sorority girls get drunk off their ass and wander into a BDSM club with their girlfriends, curiousity.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Same reason sorority girls get drunk off their ass and wander into a BDSM club with their girlfriends, curiousity.
    I remember watching last week (or the week before) episode and with Winn and Olsen and Kara and .. um ... the sister in there and thinking "Sheesh, if I were an alien I'd wonder why all these normies were hanging out here now"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I remember watching last week (or the week before) episode and with Winn and Olsen and Kara and .. um ... the sister in there and thinking "Sheesh, if I were an alien I'd wonder why all these normies were hanging out here now"
    Remember, we first found out about this bar from a 'normie' who hangs out there and even picks up dates there.

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Maybe they didn't have enough Kryptonian DNA on hand to work with?
    You have to admit, it's hard to judge how much blood you need to dump on your hand to fool a DNA scanner though. I mean, best to really glob it on and take no chances.

Not sure why the robot decided Kara was a bad guy though, if it accepted that the first person was Kara (with a severely bleeding hand!), and all she did was access a data file and leave... who cares?

Another Aside: I find it odd there wasn't a scene with Lena and Supergirl at the end. Obviously limited time due to the crossover, but Lena's actions should've received some acknowledgement.
    Unless I've just attained some new hyper-level of perception, too many of the CW "twists" have just been too predictable this season. As soon as she said "I'll help you", I just thought "oh, betrayal, gotcha".

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing Cadmus modified it to not hurt humans either
    Entirely possible and easy to assume, but the passage of time is amusing. Grab Kara's blood, fly off to Nevernever Land where you know the Kryptonian ship is for whatever reason, to ask about a dna based war-virus (Medusa, Ask For It By Name!), return home, toss it in the computer and add a "oh, and humans too" to the DNA list, do a test run, all within a few days.

So yeah, I mean, it's not a huge thing, and they have methods to explain some of it, but they just don't. They just go "ah ha, we have a virus that kills everyone but Humans and Kryptonians!" and move on with the plot.

Also, I guess Ms Martian is still locked up, though she didn't do anything, but now I wonder about that other White Martian from last season.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Amazing crossover! that whole 40 seconds of the flash was just awesome....
    Yea, was expecting a lot more to the overall plot for the crossover than the final 40 secs.

I couldn't find the original Behind the Scenes that Emergency Awesome plays a snippet from, but it looks like we now know that Supergirl's Earth is Earth-38

EDIT: Mentioned at 1:56

WHOA, just realized ... this thread is on Page 38!

I couldn't find the original Behind the Scenes that Emergency Awesome plays a snippet from, but it looks like we now know that Supergirl's Earth is Earth-38
    Funny, I was just coming here to post the clip where they say Supergirl's Earth is Earth-38:

Around the 50 second mark.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-11-29 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Mama Luthor seems to be pretty naive thinking that all the aliens in the world were in National City. She seems to be under some weird assumption that a single rocket over a single city would solve the world's alien problem.

Deleted
    This season seems to be doing a lot of stuff really fast. We went from "There's another green Martian" to "Audience finds out she's a white Martian"
    no the audience new the moment she showed up that shes a white martian -it was just tooooo obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So Mama Luthor seems to be pretty naive thinking that all the aliens in the world were in National City. She seems to be under some weird assumption that a single rocket over a single city would solve the world's alien problem.
    the city is the center of all things alien, didnt you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no the audience new the moment she showed up that shes a white martian -it was just tooooo obvious.
    The audience guessed she was a white martian based on prior portrayals of the character. It wasn't actually revealed to be true until her second episode.

The audience guessed she was a white martian based on prior portrayals of the character. It wasn't actually revealed to be true until her second episode.
    While I agree, as someone who didn't know she was a white martian previously, her whole "a white martian helped me escape" bit set off alarms as that's a trope I've seen enough times to recognize.

While I agree, as someone who didn't know she was a white martian previously, her whole "a white martian helped me escape" bit set off alarms as that's a trope I've seen enough times to recognize.
    Ah, but her telling that story took place in the same episode as her being revealed to the audience as a white martian, so the audience officially finding out still took place an episode after she was introduced.

Anyway, the original point was that almost every plotline in the first half of the season seems to be advanced and concluded almost as fast as it can be introduced. The only real lingering plot we have now is Mon-El's secret, and Jeremiah's fate in Cadmus; everything else seems to have been wrapped up in a tidy ribbon just in time for the crossover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I can't tell from the trailer whether deathstroke is there to help or to fuck things up worse. Probably both.
    Or he's just a dream/memory/flashback/hallucination as part of Arrow's 100th episode.
    From the promos, it looks like I called this. Oliver's getting his mind probed, and all the returning characters are part of that.

hmmmmmmmm... What is Mon-El hiding? I bet he is liying about what happened on his planet. He seemed on the verge of telling Kara twice.

I originally figured he hadn't actually been a guard but was just a simple thief that knocked out the guy who should have escaped. The last guys seemed to be looking for a noble and knew what they were looking for, so maybe he really is just some noble coward that ran from everything.

Mon-El previously said that they had marriages arranged at birth on Daxam. Maybe he's actually the prince (since one would assume that a bodyguard would know how to fight, and Mon-El doesn't), and the alien hunting him is his fiance from another planet, probably a political marriage planned as part of a treaty between worlds.

Mon-El previously said that they had marriages arranged at birth on Daxam. Maybe he's actually the prince (since one would assume that a bodyguard would know how to fight, and Mon-El doesn't), and the alien hunting him is his fiance from another planet, probably a political marriage planned as part of a treaty between worlds.
    That is a good possibility, on Lois and Clark the 90's TV series that was one of the plots of S3 finale. Clark had a pre-arraigned marriage on Krypton and there was survivors of kryptons destruction, his betrothed came to earth looking for him so they could get married to prevent a civil war. They could use this plot line as a way to romancs SG/Mon-El and throw this into the works.

The aliens didn't want Mon El, they wanted a Noble. Maybe they're tracking the ship and assume it's a noble and he could be or not, but they didn't even use a vague "the survivor" or whatnot IIRC, they just said "a Daxamite noble".

I assumed they were Daxamites and since their society is lead by nobility, they need one to validate their group, perhaps over other Daxamite groups that similarly lack a noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The aliens didn't want Mon El, they wanted a Noble. Maybe they're tracking the ship and assume it's a noble and he could be or not, but they didn't even use a vague "the survivor" or whatnot IIRC, they just said "a Daxamite noble".

I assumed they were Daxamites and since their society is lead by nobility, they need one to validate their group, perhaps over other Daxamite groups that similarly lack a noble.
    Are you sure you heard it right? This is what I heard:

Flunky: We've reached the Well of Stars.
    Leader: And?
    Flunky: There is no sign of the Kryptonian pod.
    Leader: Find it.
    Flunky: The ion trail has dissipated. I would not know where to look.
    Leader: Find it. I do not care how much space we must cross. How many lives we lose, or how many suns we burn. Mon-El of Daxam will be found.

Are you sure you heard it right? This is what I heard:

Flunky: We've reached the Well of Stars.
    Leader: And?
    Flunky: There is no sign of the Kryptonian pod.
    Leader: Find it.
    Flunky: The ion trail has dissipated. I would not know where to look.
    Leader: Find it. I do not care how much space we must cross. How many lives we lose, or how many suns we burn. Mon-El of Daxam will be found.
    Guess not!

So ignore all that, now I revert to thinking he's not a guard or a noble, just some thief that stole a pod to escape.