Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lich King,the first Void Lord we have ever encountered?

At the beginning I would like to say that the idea is not mine, I thought that maybe he could be a pawn or like Old Gods, a servant of the Vl, but in my recent thread one of the posters suggested, or rather said while mocking me that someone thought about it seriously, I mean of course Lk being VL.

It is a pure speculation, I see some connections but I can't say it is a legit. Hypothesis at best

1. Nathrezim worshipped Void Lords prior to their business arrangement with Sargeras and his Burning Legion
    2. Nathrezim, possibly were champions of the Naaru, as suggested by Shado Priest artifact
    3. Nathrezim are the ones who forged the main gear, Helmet and Frostmourne

What if, or rather it is guaranteed that some Nathrezim still work with Void Lords behind Burning Legion's back. Let me continue, what if these Nathrezim ordered by their Void Lord overlord were ordered to let him walk the Azeroth, to observe the nascent Titan.

Just like during the ordering of Warcraft universe, he required a vessel that was once a bearer of the Light. Arthas was a perfect choice for it, on the path to shadow.

Void Lord resides within the helmet. It would explain why soul of Terenas said that there always must be a Lich King, what if it was an 'old god' style mindplay or honest mistake of a warped spirit?

It guaranteed succession of the Lich King mantle. And also it is fitting to how Bolvar the Lich King speaks in Frost Death Knight artifact quest, specially about showing some paladin spirit the error of his way, which was strong faith in the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Actually, lich king was first sentient giant potato disguised as arthas. All he wanted was alot of corpses to fertilize the way for his brothers.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-02 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually, lich king was first sentient giant potato disguised as arthas. All he wanted was alot of corpses to fertilize the way for his brothers.
    That would explains all the Eyes and why he set up base in Eyescrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, dunno if I buy it though. I think of the Lich King as a deity powered by the energy of Death/Decay that arose from that power, similar to how the Wild Gods are manifestations of Life/Nature. Decay and Death might be powers tied more closely with the Void than Life and Nature, but I think they're still distinct from the Void.

Also, I don't know if it was explicitly stated that the nathrezim worshiped the Void Lords, although it's definitely possible, but there was a time when some of them lived on a world infested with Old Gods and 'basked in Void energies'. They might have been communing with the Void Lords then, they might simply have become willing allies/servants of the Old Gods, or they might have just been soaking up some dark energy for their own use. Dunno if Legion has talked any more about that.

If we take out Sargeras during Legion, I fully expect some demons to jump ship to the side of the Void though, and the nathrezim are at the top of that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorous View Post
    This guy gets it.

7+ Year Old Account
    thats too much. i dont know why that made me laugh so hard lol
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Valorous View Post
    Lol you son of bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    1. Nathrezim worshipped Void Lords prior to their business arrangement with Sargeras and his Burning Legion.
    A single conclave of nathrezim basked in the dark power of some Old Gods. Nothing says they worshiped the void lords. And that was just a single group of nathrezim, it says nothing about nathrezim in general who merely used shadow magic.

Not again...

At the beginning I would like to say that the idea is not mine, I thought that maybe he could be a pawn or like Old Gods, a servant of the Vl, but in my recent thread one of the posters suggested, or rather said while mocking me that someone thought about it seriously, I mean of course Lk being VL.

It is a pure speculation, I see some connections but I can't say it is a legit. Hypothesis at best

1. Nathrezim worshipped Void Lords prior to their business arrangement with Sargeras and his Burning Legion
    2. Nathrezim, possibly were champions of the Naaru, as suggested by Shado Priest artifact
    3. Nathrezim are the ones who forged the main gear, Helmet and Frostmourne

What if, or rather it is guaranteed that some Nathrezim still work with Void Lords behind Burning Legion's back. Let me continue, what if these Nathrezim ordered by their Void Lord overlord were ordered to let him walk the Azeroth, to observe the nascent Titan.

Just like during the ordering of Warcraft universe, he required a vessel that was once a bearer of the Light. Arthas was a perfect choice for it, on the path to shadow.

Void Lord resides within the helmet. It would explain why soul of Terenas said that there always must be a Lich King, what if it was an 'old god' style mindplay or honest mistake of a warped spirit?

It guaranteed succession of the Lich King mantle. And also it is fitting to how Bolvar the Lich King speaks in Frost Death Knight artifact quest, specially about showing some paladin spirit the error of his way, which was strong faith in the Light.
    ner'zhul ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Interesting idea, dunno if I buy it though. I think of the Lich King as a deity powered by the energy of Death/Decay that arose from that power, similar to how the Wild Gods are manifestations of Life/Nature. Decay and Death might be powers tied more closely with the Void than Life and Nature, but I think they're still distinct from the Void.

Also, I don't know if it was explicitly stated that the nathrezim worshiped the Void Lords, although it's definitely possible, but there was a time when some of them lived on a world infested with Old Gods and 'basked in Void energies'. They might have been communing with the Void Lords then, they might simply have become willing allies/servants of the Old Gods, or they might have just been soaking up some dark energy for their own use. Dunno if Legion has talked any more about that.

If we take out Sargeras during Legion, I fully expect some demons to jump ship to the side of the Void though, and the nathrezim are at the top of that list.
    Personally I don't know what to think about these smaller spheres. They appear to me as more of underlings to greater powers like Arcane and Light in the case of Life. This would make Death to be Fel and Void, well nope, after a quick thought, it does not fit too well for me after all. At least I would like to see Lich King re used, to be something more than we have expected. It would not be out of question for them, Void Lords to get a control of Death sphere and shadowlands I guess. We shall see, but for now I try to somehow put it right my head's place and figure things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    A single conclave of nathrezim basked in the dark power of some Old Gods. Nothing says they worshiped the void lords. And that was just a single group of nathrezim, it says nothing about nathrezim in general who merely used shadow magic.
    yeyeye details clearly
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    ner'zhul ???
    it can be, I mean he can be the one in the helmet if he survived the encounter with evil Arthas but I don't know, in this regard Blizzard's old quotes stated clearly that he is done. But from what I remember Metzen's words wer ethat as far as he is concerned he is done, well, I guess that Metzen is no longer a concern to be concerned about when it comes to concerns. Blizzard writers might have decided to go another way. Personally I would prefer Void Lord over Ner'zhul.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What about the intelligent demons Sargeras came across that were using Void powers and he found out that the Void Lords were spreading corruption throughout the universe?

Sounds like a lot of the Nethrezim gained power through the Void Lords, Ulthalesh probably being the most obvious one, but how many of the ones working with the Legion were also the same ones mentioned? Tichondrius, Mal'ganis?

Deleted
    The (not so) hidden return of British Bulldog.

This all makes sense. He was an Elder Naaru once, but then became a Void Lord.
    Dreadlord Jaina is behind all this.

I've been saying for a while now that Arthas and a few others will come back, or atleast Arthas will as the Champion of the Void. The army of darkness, or whatever it's gonna be called, will need a posterboy, and he's the prime candidate.

Why was Ner'zhul so easily able to rebel? Why was Arthas so easily able to rebel? Maybe YoggSaron freed them from their oppressors control. Makes no sense for why KJ the second most powerful Necromancer of the Legion, would make a necromantic being and not have control over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Well, you are mistaken. Unless he changed his IP to central Europe. Also I have clearly stated in my initial post that I'm basing it on someone else's idea, and I think the person who offered me link(or maybe it was to someone else in that thread?) gave me access to ideas of the gentleman you speak about. Or at least it was him. I remember a Lich King avatar in that thread, not the head, but body, or at least I think so. Also, would BB use not so fancy english grammaer like me? I don't think so. Unless he is British in name only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I've been saying for a while now that Arthas and a few others will come back, or atleast Arthas will as the Champion of the Void. The army of darkness, or whatever it's gonna be called, will need a posterboy, and he's the prime candidate.

Why was Ner'zhul so easily able to rebel? Why was Arthas so easily able to rebel? Maybe YoggSaron freed them from their oppressors control. Makes no sense for why KJ the second most powerful Necromancer of the Legion, would make a necromantic being and not have control over it.
    Would like to see it. Really, I think that wotlk happened far to soon for many reasons. Yep, you can't go wrong with Arthas doing bad boy stuff.

Exactly. Ner'zhul's spirit from what I remember was experiencing some hardcore tortures at the hands of KJ and then kabam swoosh he became his puppet? Come on, it simply did not make sense. There is more to it and definately more of a Void oriented stuff behind the curtains of shadow and death!

Deleted
    Ner'zhul = the Lich King. And so far as history goes an Orc is not a void lord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ner'zhul = the Lich King. And so far as history goes an Orc is not a void lord.
    well, I for once think that there is more going on when it comes to that spiky helmet. it is quite proficient at warping minds. guy like Bolvar, who screamed he will never submit to Lich King, became one and turned rather cruel and shadowy. Maybe these are screams of the damned, but personally I don't buy that screams alone would turn him this way. And he did turn quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    What about the intelligent demons Sargeras came across that were using Void powers and he found out that the Void Lords were spreading corruption throughout the universe?

Sounds like a lot of the Nethrezim gained power through the Void Lords, Ulthalesh probably being the most obvious one, but how many of the ones working with the Legion were also the same ones mentioned? Tichondrius, Mal'ganis?
    Sargeras killed the group of nathrezim on the corrupted world-soul he didn't capture them and send them to Marduum. If they were in the Legion, Sargeras would have had to hunt down those specific nathrezim again wherever they went.

Using shadow magic doesn't mean getting power from the void lords. The void lords reside in the Void, they don't own all shadow magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    At the very least a B grade copy cat of British Bulldog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.