Thread: No Man's Sky

freighters are a good shout, i'd be much more likely to build a base inside a freighter and then pootle about the galaxy using smaller ships to land and harvest

i dont want to settle down and build a settlement on a planet, so glad to see the freighters as an option, i might actually have to log in and have a look over the weekend, at least to find out how much a freighter will cost me.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I doubt this will stop the people complaining about false advertising, but at least the ASA doesn't think there's a case for it anymore:

No Man’s Sky creators cleared of false advertising allegations
    The only reason ASA said it wasn't false advertisement was because NMS said the game is procedurally generated. Them saying that is the only reason.

I give no fuck's what ASA said, NMS still false advertised there game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    This patch is pretty damn cool. Hopefully this is the first of many. *fingers crossed*.

Anybody know how to get more slots in your freighter? Google is sadly just flooded right now with "ZOMG NEW PATCH" news stories for me to find any practical info :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only reason ASA said it wasn't false advertisement was because NMS said the game is procedurally generated. Them saying that is the only reason.

I give no fuck's what ASA said, NMS still false advertised there game.
    Did you read the report? The ASA actually went into quite a bit of detail.

"We considered that the overall impression of the ad was consistent with gameplay and the footage provided, both in terms of that captured by Hello Games and by third parties, and that it did not exaggerate the expected player experience of the game, we therefore concluded that the ad did not breach the Code."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Good for them. Still waiting on that promised multiplayer though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its live on PC now as well. Currently downloading a 1.3gb update. A little bummed they didn't put the base building into the "original" mode. The worst part is all of the additions are cool but what I really want is the hazmat survival achievement to not reset when you die/leave planet. I want to get it without having to idle on one planet lol.
    Why shouldn't a survival achievement reset upon death? You didn't survive, that's the point.

They fucked up the controls on PS4 Now when you turn the camera it starts slow and gets faster. It's really fucking annoying.

Also you still can't take a screenshot without all the icons everywhere.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2016-11-30 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good for them. Still waiting on that promised multiplayer though.
    The only "promised" multiplayer I've seen them say is that you could see eachother in the game if you ran into eachother and that you are mapping out the game with others doing the same. Only one of these didn't come to fruition. Outside of that it was all crazy customer fantasy thinking and hype driven wants n desires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Ya I read it and other sites reporting on it.

That is what it boils down to, Since they said its procedurally generated they didn't false advertise. I give no fuck's what the ASA has to say even more so since I don't live in the UK.

NMS False Advertised.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    We went through this a million times on the thread already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVrDaudzn64

Just because you are not aware of the bullshit that Murray told about the game, doesn’t mean that everyone else crazy mate.
    Ok...i watched both vids and yet my point still stands. The guy even said the multiplayer is more akin DarkSouls or even Journey - which are both faily hands-off. Why were people expecting more than that?

Now, ill add that with this patch it is now more even with DarkSouls In so much that it added useless note crap. But really? Dropping useless notes is worth throwing months of tyraids and a false advertising investigation aboutabout?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    But really? Dropping useless notes is worth throwing months of tyraids and a false advertising investigation aboutabout?
    There was a lot of things they lied about and MP was just one of those things.

He outright say's many times you will see other players but the chances are slim, Even going as far as to say that is the only way to know what you look like. Within the first day of release that was proven to be bullshit.

The graphics are not even that good even on the most high of settings on PC. Multiplayer was not the only thing people was pissed about.

There was a lot of things they lied about and MP was just one of those things.

He outright say's many times you will see other players but the chances are slim, Even going as far as to say that is the only way to know what you look like. Within the first day of release that was proven to be bullshit.

The graphics are not even that good even on the most high of settings on PC. Multiplayer was not the only thing people was pissed about.
    I said that already about seeing eachother. So, that and note droping? And graphics looked similar enough to me... and hell, EVERY advertizer shows demos on tricked out machines. its not their faul you didn't get grassy lands and dinosaurs on your first few planets like i did.

I mean, seriously... how many damn game companies advertised their games via ONLY CG cutscenes, particularly durring the PS1/PS2 eras? Fuk man, Konami even put out a fake trailer of MGS2 showing you playing Snake fighting Fortune and a whole bunch of other areas...That's far worse than anything this game did.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-11-30 at 08:21 PM.

I said that already about seeing eachother. So, that and note droping? And graphics looked similar enough to me... and hell, EVERY advertizer shows demos on tricked out machines. its not their faul you didn't get grassy lands and dinosaurs on your first few planets like i did.
    The graphics are no where near the same, The space battles and how the ship handles is no where near the same.

The many races and factions was bullshit and the list goes on and on. If you want to defend the game by all means go ahead, but the fact remains they did lie about a lot of shit even months before its release.

Not even going to debate this with you, You are wrong and I am right. There is no debate to be had, feel free to go read all the other pages in this thread detailing there bullshit.

Ok...i watched both vids and yet my point still stands. The guy even said the multiplayer is more akin DarkSouls or even Journey - which are both faily hands-off. Why were people expecting more than that?
    Except there's no multiplayer even remotely resembling either of those games in the game. So even that is a lie, or at best a very terrible job at his attempt to communicate.

Now, ill add that with this patch it is now more even with DarkSouls In so much that it added useless note crap. But really? Dropping useless notes is worth throwing months of tyraids and a false advertising investigation aboutabout?
    No, but months of saying that the game had multiplayer and that you'd be able to see/play with other players, only to find out that you can't interact with players in any way when the game launched was.

Same with all the grand promises they made about civilizations that exist on their own and engage in wars etc. etc. etc. that people have still yet to find but were pretty prominently featured in pretty much all their trailers. You know, the trailers that they said they didn't want to seems staged but were absolutely obviously staged : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except there's no multiplayer even remotely resembling either of those games in the game. So even that is a lie, or at best a very terrible job at his attempt to communicate.

No, but months of saying that the game had multiplayer and that you'd be able to see/play with other players, only to find out that you can't interact with players in any way when the game launched was.

Same with all the grand promises they made about civilizations that exist on their own and engage in wars etc. etc. etc. that people have still yet to find but were pretty prominently featured in pretty much all their trailers. You know, the trailers that they said they didn't want to seems staged but were absolutely obviously staged : P
    The same trailers that are still on there steam page, Unless Valve made them remove them with there new rules about trailers.

Deleted
    When in an interview once, someone asked (bearded dude, all I recall) about when meeting up others "So, can you pvp?".

"hehehe, yeah, if you want to" ~ Murray.

That's just more bollocks too.

The graphics are no where near the same, The space battles and how the ship handles is no where near the same.

The many races and factions was bullshit and the list goes on and on. If you want to defend the game by all means go ahead, but the fact remains they did lie about a lot of shit even months before its release.

Not even going to debate this with you, You are wrong and I am right. There is no debate to be had, feel free to go read all the other pages in this thread detailing there bullshit.
    Sorry, but you are wrong and i am right because they found no evidence of false advertising and dropped the case. So...raspberries back at ya. ;P

Sorry, but you are wrong and i am right because they found no evidence of false advertising and dropped the case. So...raspberries back at ya. ;P
    That is one group in the UK. Last checked they don't speak for the rest of the world, You have been linked proof of False Advertising. The only reason ASA said they didn't was because NMS said the game is procedurally generated. Thanks to that they can't 100% prove anything.

But like I said the ASA doesn't speak for the rest of the world or even all of UK.

You are wrong, They are wrong and those are the fact's. Debating with you about this is pointless so I won't be doing it more then I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Did you ever played Dark Souls before? I mean, I don't know about Journey, but in Dark Souls you have multiple genres of PvP (arenas, invasions, fight clubs...) and co-op, you can also interact with other players by leaving messages around the map, saying that No Man's Sky multiplayer is similar to Dark Souls is completely bullshit, Dark Souls MP might not be the best, but it does exist unlike No Man’s Sky.
    Yeah...didnt all that stuff come later in DS? Only thing i remember from dark souls was the note thing.

Never saw/heard about these "civilizations that exist on their own" bit... but the ships do get raided. I'll look for said trailer as im curious as to what was said. Thx ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, csn we get back to my one question as to how you can upgrade your freighter slots? ;P