Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nativity View Post

2. FR should still be reworked as a damage ability , eg 100% weapon damage, replaces Slam with the MS buff ability, in short.. merge slam and FR together..

This.

But in my opinion no need to merge with Slam, the gameplay will just get poorer this way.
    To me a better option would be to bring back Heroic Strike to replace FR with a damage ability which still interact with MS.

I would also like them to redesign Rend to be a lot more than a passive dot (Even if it implies to drastically reduce the dot damage itslef)
    This can be done in several ways : rage generation by tick , % chance of colossus proc , or any other interaction with a core abilty of our rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houss View Post
    This.

But in my opinion no need to merge with Slam, the gameplay will just get poorer this way.
    To me a better option would be to bring back Heroic Strike to replace FR with a damage ability which still interact with MS.

I would also like them to redesign Rend to be a lot more than a passive dot (Even if it implies to drastically reduce the dot damage itslef)
    This can be done in several ways : rage generation by tick , % chance of colossus proc , or any other interaction with a core abilty of our rotation.
    some good idea here, at least one dot would be nice to have in rotation rather than this clumpy feel. Slam with FR Built into it sounds promising, as long as something else could make its way into the rotation to stop it being to brain dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houss View Post
    This.

I always thought that heroic Strike is cool but it would mean a Nerf. Fr can be stacked while away from the boss and is the only, thing one can do while not in melee range aside from heroic throw every few seconds .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Wish they'd change crit to also increase critical strike damage by some fraction, and take that damage out of mastery. End result could be the same, but would allow a lot more flexibility with secondary stats :P

Flat nerf to all secondaries while nice in a way (and sad, rip 100%+ mastery) changes nothing with the difference between them.
    Nah, they really just would have to change BC to give +50% crit instead of guaranteed crit.

This would solve several problems:
    -crit scaling
    -AM/Deadly calm combo being OP
    -FR being only option

Instead they went the way of mindlessly buffing unused talents, without looking into synergies...

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Nah, they really just would have to change BC to give +50% crit instead of guaranteed crit.

This would solve several problems:
    -crit scaling
    -AM/Deadly calm combo being OP
    -FR being only option

Instead they went the way of mindlessly buffing unused talents, without looking into synergies...
    FR is the only option because the competing talents are junk, 100% crit on Battle Cry was totally refreshing for me and I personally enjoy the gameplay. The artifact is responsible largely for the lack of Crit value too, Crit not being very good is new for us as Warriors but it's currently not great for all 3 specs so it's quite possible they intended this, Crit being bad is not actually that big of a deal at all even if it's unusual for us.

I think these kinda problems are problems that are manufactured and really are not so relevant at all, it's nothing new to have really weak stats or really strong stats. You create a new solution and a new problem arises. The FR being the only talent is an issue, but it's only an issue because the talents competing with it directly have very little value due to the core design of the spec/artifact.

If Mortal Combo gave 2 charges of CS for example, if In for the kill was simply reworked entirely then maybe we can have some competition on that talent tier.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-11-30 at 01:07 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'd like to see Overpower become baseline and MS give charges of Overpower again. And instead of Mortal Combo just adding another Charge of MS, I'd rather see it become a 2 hit ability you press twice. First press is regular Mortal Strike, second strike is Super Mortal Strike. That way you get that One-Two punch type of playstyle, where maybe you can weave in a Colossus Smash proc inbetween to proc Shattered Defenses on the second MS. It also lets you backload Overpower so you have a hard hitting - low rage filler inbetween MS and CS CD's, and you fill with Slam/WW otherwise.

I imagined Arms was supposed to be similar to a Boxer, where you have all of these simplistic strikes that are designed to lead and control the fight you are in. Overpower has really encompassed that Idea in the past where its usage is dependent on both the user and the opponent. The enemies dodges and parries create an opening for the Warrior, but the Warrior's strikes also create openings as well.

On topic of the changes, I personally don't like them because they don't resolve the biggest flaw I've had with Arms. Tactician Droughts. In fact, making talents more viable that compete with Deadly Calm/Dauntless/Anger Management, end up making this worse. Tactician droughts are bad enough. Rage droughts are bad enough. Tactician and Rage droughts are just awful, and these 3 talents are pretty much the only ones that solve this. (Titanic Might buff will help a bit too though)

That being said, leaving 7-8 talents being utter garbage isn't the solution. I'm just not impressed with the changes as they don't resolve any core issues, and in some cases, may make them worse.
    Last edited by Yassy; 2016-11-30 at 02:18 PM.

Fevor of Battle got bumped up to 45% from 30% as well. Honestly, with Titanic Might not reducing CS debuff by 20%, I'll probably roll with that. Nothing I hate more than not doing double damage via CS debuff. Sure, Shattered Defenses buff is nice, but if I don't have to worry about every other attack hitting like a wet noodle cause of a tactician proc drought, that's fine by me.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2016-11-30 at 04:09 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Competitive new talents. What do you guys all think about the new Titanic Smash change? And I'm a little lost on what's happening with Rend? Is WW buff going to justify the switch from Avatar?

Deleted
    With the recent PTR changes do you think a build like Dauntless/Fervor of Battle/Mortal Combo/Titanic Might/Opportunity Strikes will come close to the standard FR build? I hate heavy APM builds, RNG and heavy burst focused builds, this build will be kinda smooth. I don't have an Arms artifact to test it, would be nice if somebody could tell me how it fares against the FR build

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post
    In the 7.1.5 ptr I see that the amount of a stat rating to get 1% has changed:
    Crit is 350 -> 400 AKA 14.3% nerf
    Haste is 325 -> 375 AKA 15.4% nerf
    Verse is 400 -> 475 AKA 18.8% nerf
    Masty is 175 -> 200 AKA 14.3% nerf

Another noteworthy thing is that there is a legendary vendor selling those new trinkets, I tried that 1 min 15 sec cd on use one and it scales with CS and Avatar. However it cannot crit so BC does not double its damage.
    I'm surprised these changes haven't gained more traction/attention. Forgive my ignorance with how exactly mastery works across classes, but would Arms be the 'hardest hit' by this mastery change?
    Last edited by Conan1; 2016-11-30 at 05:23 PM.

On topic of the changes, I personally don't like them because they don't resolve the biggest flaw I've had with Arms. Tactician Droughts.
    The change to Titanic Might helps, as it extends the window twice it's current duration, but without the effectiveness drawback. However, it is a bit of a bandaid fix as FR is still likely to reign supreme for those that are super serious at tackling the highest levels of content. Agree that Tactician needs something, maybe a stacking buff the longer you go without a proc.

I'm surprised these changes haven't gained more traction. Forgive my ignorance with how exactly mastery works across classes, but would Arms be the 'hardest hit' by this mastery change?
    For myself, I see a net loss of about 10% on my mastery from 93.19% to a little under 83%. So it is kinda huge. Not sure if Arms is the hardest hit, as I'm unaware of what other classes prefer the most. I don't think this will make other stats more valuable, as all the others are increased in their requirements, but it was likely necessary with the forthcoming content that could see us with well over 100% mastery.

With the recent PTR changes do you think a build like Dauntless/Fervor of Battle/Mortal Combo/Titanic Might/Opportunity Strikes will come close to the standard FR build? I hate heavy APM builds, RNG and heavy burst focused builds, this build will be kinda smooth. I don't have an Arms artifact to test it, would be nice if somebody could tell me how it fares against the FR build
    I hope some variation of this works out better. Either way, I think it'll be stronger for the normal/light heroic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan1 View Post
    I'm surprised these changes haven't gained more traction/attention. Forgive my ignorance with how exactly mastery works across classes, but would Arms be the 'hardest hit' by this mastery change?
    not sure if it's most hardest hit but definitely in top 3 most hardest hit..

I understand that power creep is a concern and that arms has gearing issues because they weigh mastery so heavily, but I dont like the idea of secondary stat nerfs. It has no impact on our mastery stacking because all other secondaries are also being nerfed equally and some even more so. It just feels like we are constantly being dragged back to ilvl840, with a SD Mortal strike critting for around 1million despite progressing through 3 months of content and gear upgrades. A few weeks into lefion they nerfed FR and it felt like we were starting over again, then we got more gear and started to feel powerful again, then another FR nerf sent us back to the same spot. Just seems like the same story on repeat. It doesn't feel good to progress months into an expansion and not feel any more powerful than you were at the end of week 1. I know this isn't a major issue as everyone is getting the same treatment but its just a small gripe I have with how things have played out so far.

All that aside I do think arms will be in a pretty good spot for NH release with decent set bonuses and a great trinket. I would like to see some of our T19 set piece secondary stats changed up a bit but otherwise pretty happy overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezymode View Post
    I understand that power creep is a concern and that arms has gearing issues because they weigh mastery so heavily, but I dont like the idea of secondary stat nerfs. It has no impact on our mastery stacking because all other secondaries are also being nerfed equally and some even more so. It just feels like we are constantly being dragged back to ilvl840, with a SD Mortal strike critting for around 1million despite progressing through 3 months of content and gear upgrades. A few weeks into lefion they nerfed FR and it felt like we were starting over again, then we got more gear and started to feel powerful again, then another FR nerf sent us back to the same spot. Just seems like the same story on repeat. It doesn't feel good to progress months into an expansion and not feel any more powerful than you were at the end of week 1. I know this isn't a major issue as everyone is getting the same treatment but its just a small gripe I have with how things have played out so far.

All that aside I do think arms will be in a pretty good spot for NH release with decent set bonuses and a great trinket. I would like to see some of our T19 set piece secondary stats changed up a bit but otherwise pretty happy overall.
    i completely agree with everything you said. and for the NH pieces, i think they are just placeholderstats for now and will actually get changed (most of the stats are identical on every slot)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezymode View Post
    I understand that power creep is a concern and that arms has gearing issues because they weigh mastery so heavily, but I dont like the idea of secondary stat nerfs. It has no impact on our mastery stacking because all other secondaries are also being nerfed equally and some even more so.
    It's most likely to combat primary stats being below secondary stats, for any class.

Deleted
    Do we still expect them to nerf Mastery and buff crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Do we still expect them to nerf Mastery and buff crit?
    I think that was the expectation, but it's getting pretty late in the PTR cycle at this stage so who knows. They did the fire mage crit nerfs and baseline buffs very early on.

I have to ask - has anyone else been experiencing absolutely ridiculously low tactician proc rates the past few nights? I've never seen rates this low from my logs... literally 12% - 14% on an almost regular basis. The fact it was happening on Cenarius progression, Xavius, then on both Odyn & 2 pulls (12% and 14.7%) on Guarm is absolutely F****** ridiculous.

Sorry, I know I should be used to this RNG by now, but it feels SO HORRIBLE all of the sudden.
    Last edited by Conan1; 2016-12-01 at 05:10 AM.

I think we all go through phases like that. That's what pushed me to Fury in the first place, that and getting 2 garbage legs. But I just had one or two nights of absolutely terrible RNG and I switched to Fury the next day and haven't looked back until recently. Considering coming back to Arms for NH though, dunno.

did I miss the talk about titanic might increasing CS duration by 16 seconds without a negative damage effect on ptr? would've thought it was kind of a big deal to the rng haters.