Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I met Steven Erikson I told myself I wasn't going to say anything stupid or make myself seem dumb, so of course my mind promptly went blank when I shook his hand and I asked him some inane question about where he went to school, knowing full well that he'd gone to the same university I'd done my undergrad at.

I never thought I'd be the type to be starstruck, but it's something that just kind of hits you. I was surprised.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not really, but I'm also a rather withdrawn and introspective person so I might give the appearance of being "star-struck" regardless of who I'm being forced to interact with. Social interaction was never really my forte, and I'm also not good at recognizing people I don't personally know. I once had a several minutes-long conversation with Stephen King at a book signing and had no idea who I was talking to until the next day.
    i'm star-struck by you just knowing you had a legit convo with Stephen King.

Nope, not really, but the only star I recall meeting is Michael Richards; he came into the convenience store I was working at. I didn't recognize him and he painfully explained who he was, I had to explain that I didn't watch Seinfeld which he thought unbelievable. He became irate when I said I remember liking his character from UHF at which point he stormed out of the building.

I met Pope John Paul II

Met Gianfranco Zola at his ice cream shop in London.

What a man. Absoloute gent.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    LOL i love all the non struck stars.

shit happens to the best of us. no need to lie.

I've met a few Formula One drivers before and that is a big deal for me as I'm a fan of the sport. Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button, Nico Rosberg, Daniel Ricciardo and Mark Webber. Obviously it won't mean much to a lot of folks here but to me it was a big deal meeting each and every one of them. Oh and I forgot I met Sebastian Vettel in 2012 too. Can't believe I forgot that one especially being a huge fan of Vettel.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-30 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I worked for United and got a little overly excited when Quentin Tarentino came off the airplane.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    i'm star-struck by you just knowing you had a legit convo with Stephen King.
    It was really funny in hindsight. I couldn't make it on time to the book-signing due to a work commitment, and when I arrived at the bookstore I thought he'd already left. Sat down at the strange bar/coffeeshop area the store had to put the book away and a guy sat down next to me, saw the book, and said he hadn't seen one of the original hardcovers (the book was "The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger" with the Michael Whelan art) in some time. We talked about the art in the first three "Dark Tower" books for a bit, and about how the various artists all envisioned the protagonist in different ways. I told him I had to head out and he thanked me for showing up (which seemed odd at the time, but made sense later). I didn't put two and two together until I saw the back of one of my other King books that had an author portrait on it, and then felt stupid because I blew the chance to get the signature I'd showed up for.

I think he was glad I didn't ask for a signature and just sort of talked to him like a normal person, which probably isn't how it would've gone down if I'd recognized him at first.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I worked for United and got a little overly excited when Quentin Tarentino came off the airplane.

thats understandable.

I bumped into the fellow who plays Samwell Tarly a month or two ago in Stockport town centre. I was going to say hello as I walked past, but he looked up, saw that I recognised him and looked shaken, so I nodded and walked past. He appeared quite shy and awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It was really funny in hindsight. I couldn't make it on time to the book-signing due to a work commitment, and when I arrived at the bookstore I thought he'd already left. Sat down at the strange bar/coffeeshop area the store had to put the book away and a guy sat down next to me, saw the book, and said he hadn't seen one of the original hardcovers (the book was "The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger" with the Michael Whelan art) in some time. We talked about the art in the first three "Dark Tower" books for a bit, and about how the various artists all envisioned the protagonist in different ways. I told him I had to head out and he thanked me for showing up (which seemed odd at the time, but made sense later). I didn't put two and two together until I saw the back of one of my other King books that had an author portrait on it, and then felt stupid because I blew the chance to get the signature I'd showed up for.

I think he was glad I didn't ask for a signature and just sort of talked to him like a normal person, which probably isn't how it would've gone down if I'd recognized him at first.
    that is a great story. I feel like I was there. thanks man.

10+ Year Old Account
    And while I wasn't quite so star struck by this event, in 2007 or 08 (don't remember exactly, but probably 08) I was still in college doing courses over the summer. I was playing WoW because I didn't have class that day. Heard a commotion going on outside. I look out the window and it's the goddamn Clintons, Bill and Hillary.

So I listened to her campaign rally for a little while.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm an animallover and I was starstruck when I saw my cat for the first time. I couldn't get a word out and just looked at him, a small kitten with orange and white fur. That's the closest I have ever been. He is 10+ years old now.

The only other time I know was when I was a kid and saw an actor dressed as Robin Hood. Yeah, I thought I was looking at the real deal.
    #Foreveralone

who? i'm clueless.
    Peter Schmeichel was the goalie at Man United in the 90's and won several european and worlds best goalie awards, Michael Laudrup was a midfielder in Barcelona and later on Real Madrid in the 90's aswell and one of the best soccer players of all time, Brian his less known younger brother who played for Glasgow Rangers, and the last 2 are more national known soccer players :P

I've met a few famous people in my time and to be honest I couldn't give 2 shits....until I met Gordie Howe. I was picking up a delivery of tables and chairs and there he was...he even helped me lift a table up a couple stairs. Wow! that was an amazing day for me. I asked him to body check me into a wall..but he laughed and declined.
    When I joined my wow guild back in the days, my first raid was Zul'Gurub. I saw the skill that a fellow co-healer pulled. Also a holypriest. It was amazing.
    I fell in love with that healer. In a purely platonic idolization fangirl squee-mode kind of way. I think I never quite got over the starstruck mode that healer instilled with me.

Was that healer famous? Hell no. But I most certainly idolize that healer to this day.

The he went shadowpriest. I try to not think about it. But I still cry a little when I do.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I have met Lindsey Stirling, chloe bennet, elizabeth henstridge, eliza dushku, Paige from the WWE, Terri Runnels from the WWE, My current crush however that I haven't met is Lindsey Morgan. Hoping she'll come back to wizard world in cleveland or columbus this year.
    I've been wanting to go to a con for this specific reason. I was watching some con videos for the Dark Matter cast and the way they were talking, still all appreciative to have fans etc made me want to go even more. I hope you get to meet Raven soon!

I've met probably 100 famous people (I used to work at an arena that did concerts and all that shit) and there really wasn't any act that came that I was ultra hyped to meet other than Aaliyah and I was literally riding up one elevator when she was coming down the other... gutted. The visitors that were assholes I didn't cross paths with to experience that. The WWF/WWE people were all pretty cool.

I did run into and shake Brett Hull's hand during the stanley cup... supervisors saw me and just shook their head like "wtf" lol sorry, he's a GAWD.

I think the only one I went out of my way to meet (waited around after shift) was Michelle Kwan (figure skater) and wow... so nice and sweet and would smash 10/10 in person. Tiny little ball of sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I met Raul Castro dont know if that counts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I've been wanting to go to a con for this specific reason. I was watching some con videos for the Dark Matter cast and the way they were talking, still all appreciative to have fans etc made me want to go even more. I hope you get to meet Raven soon!

I've met probably 100 famous people (I used to work at an arena that did concerts and all that shit) and there really wasn't any act that came that I was ultra hyped to meet other than Aaliyah and I was literally riding up one elevator when she was coming down the other... gutted. The visitors that were assholes I didn't cross paths with to experience that. The WWF/WWE people were all pretty cool.

I did run into and shake Brett Hull's hand during the stanley cup... supervisors saw me and just shook their head like "wtf" lol sorry, he's a GAWD.

I think the only one I went out of my way to meet (waited around after shift) was Michelle Kwan (figure skater) and wow... so nice and sweet and would smash 10/10 in person. Tiny little ball of sex.
    It was hard this summer because Lindsey Morgan was at Wizard World in columbus in July. But it was the same day as the Lindsey Stirling concert that I was going to.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It was hard this summer because Lindsey Morgan was at Wizard World in columbus in July. But it was the same day as the Lindsey Stirling concert that I was going to.
    At least you fulfilled one Lindsey fantasy that day. I think i'd happily suffer going to Columbus, if it meant meeting several of my favorites. I really need to look into the con circuit and make some plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.