Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Play of the Game

Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting Sombra as a PotG? I've gone through streaks of 3-5 kills in rapid succession (like an ult) if the stars align with certain ults. Saw only one so far and they got it simply because they were firing behind a Rein shield and no one else was there (from their team) and ours was low to start. I feel without a damaging ult it makes it hard to get a Play of the Game (not that I'm saying that is all the matters, but you know).

Also, while we are at it any other heroes that barely get Play of the Game (besides Ana) that you'd like to see more of. Kind of stale seeing the same heroes over and over. Hopefully the Play of the Game revamp will fix some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting Sombra as a PotG? I've gone through streaks of 3-5 kills in rapid succession (like an ult) if the stars align with certain ults. Saw only one so far and they got it simply because they were firing behind a Rein shield and no one else was there (from their team) and ours was low to start. I feel without a damaging ult it makes it hard to get a Play of the Game (not that I'm saying that is all the matters, but you know).

Also, while we are at it any other heroes that barely get Play of the Game (besides Ana) that you'd like to see more of. Kind of stale seeing the same heroes over and over. Hopefully the Play of the Game revamp will fix some of it.
    Speaking of Ana, I got potg with her that involved only healing! Was so happy ಥ_ಥ

7+ Year Old Account
    i actually got one recorded, got it earlier today.
    btw, i think her 'hacking' highlight intro hacks the second best play after you.
    we had a genji that got also a triple kill, (we were the only ones who even managed to get a triple lel) i hacked exactly him.

here's my play:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jsy...ature=youtu.be

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they did some work on it this patch? They seem more varied, but also sometimes a bit weirder. Actually got my first Ana and Sombra PotGs tonight. Just a double kill, but sneaking up behind Bastion is always fun, actually got him 2 or 3 times

I got a potg as lucio just now (so rare) I got 1 envi kill and headshot a genji dead but I watched our winston get a triple evio kill so I have no clue why I got it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think they did some work on it this patch? They seem more varied, but also sometimes a bit weirder. Actually got my first Ana and Sombra PotGs tonight. Just a double kill, but sneaking up behind Bastion is always fun, actually got him 2 or 3 times

Maybe it's just my luck so far then. I've only seen McCree, Reaper, Junkrat, Mercy, Bastion and Torb, the usual suspects.

I was playing in a comp game and a lucio got a 5man boop on Illios.
    He booped off two of our teammates, and then three more with his next boop and got POTM.
    He even got the emote in time, one of the best things I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribi View Post
    I was playing in a comp game and a lucio got a 5man boop on Illios.
    He booped off two of our teammates, and then three more with his next boop and got POTM.
    He even got the emote in time, one of the best things I've ever seen.
    How did he boop off your teammates? The boop doesn't work on teammates O.o

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea how many times I've done 4-5 player kills/team kills on Pharah or Dva (solo even...) and never gotten POTG.

Algorithm is Math. Math don't care. WHatever rules they put in - are being used. They said they tweaked them and its become clear that they have.

But I still did an almost complete solo-team-kill (got 5 of the 6...) and held the base until my team showed up the other day and didn't get POTG.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Enemy Lucio I'd imagine, although I was confused for a second too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Enemy Lucio I'd imagine, although I was confused for a second too.
    That's what I would think too, but the way the OP made it sound was that in the PotG it showed their Lucio doing it.

^ Speaking of Lucio how come a Genji, ulting ppl trapped in Zarya ult get potg over my Lucio pushing 5 people off the edge? I thought environmental kills trumped normal kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    ^ Speaking of Lucio how come a Genji, ulting ppl trapped in Zarya ult get potg over my Lucio pushing 5 people off the edge? I thought environmental kills trumped normal kills.
    Maybe several people in gravity well popped their ults and Genji got several ult shut downs.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The enemy Lucio booped our teammates.

Deleted
    I dislike how rarely you get PotG as support, especially as Ana.
    It feels like heals are worth ~50% less than damage or something. And sleep-darting a ulting Mccree and not killing him is probably not even considered a Shutdown.

I had so many plays where I flicked a 180° turn sleepdart at someone using his ult behind our lines, while assisting in ~2 kills (via heals, shows deffensive/offensive assist) in addition to sniping someone (a pharah or some other guy/healer in the back) and I'm always hoping to get the PotG from that. You know, I'm really freaking proud when that happens, makes me go all MLG inside...but in the end... It's always a "hammer down" or some bullshit

Even if I check my personal Highlights, (I wouldn't even care about it not being PotG), I get some random grenade bullshit that deals 20% damage to 2 guys, a single hit and some heals with a kill in the end or something. Ya.... tripple kill, but whatever. It's like a PotG where you see 6 eliminations but the numbers that show how much %damage you did don't even add up to 100.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-07 at 11:11 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd remove the whole thing. It just pisses people off for no real reason (because XYZ should have been it instead of whatever gest it..) and we can't even skip over it to save the minute or two.

They are removing "preferred this player" (grumbles wanting some way besides directly inviting people to be able to prefer players she'd rather play with randomly...) but POTG stays in?

Who cares ? Why is it so important? The cards work better at least then you can get them for doing your specific JOB.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I wish they'd remove the whole thing. It just pisses people off for no real reason (because XYZ should have been it instead of whatever gest it..) and we can't even skip over it to save the minute or two.

They are removing "preferred this player" (grumbles wanting some way besides directly inviting people to be able to prefer players she'd rather play with randomly...) but POTG stays in?

Who cares ? Why is it so important? The cards work better at least then you can get them for doing your specific JOB.
    Because it's fun to see at the end the actions that had ''the largest'' impact on the game.

Sure if you're healing ''normally'' you don't see that often but if are Mercy and you rezzed 5 people then you did something that probably changed the outcome of the game.

I remember one time I watched a Rein take D.Va's ult out of the second point on Hanamura... SAVING THEIR TEAM.... and that wasn't play of teh game. That game, the PotG was awarded to a hanzo who got 2 kills back to back with his bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because it's fun to see at the end the actions that had ''the largest'' impact on the game.

Sure if you're healing ''normally'' you don't see that often but if are Mercy and you rezzed 5 people then you did something that probably changed the outcome of the game.
    I've seen so many potgs from players on losing sides, I'd never even considered that 'game changer' was a stipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

except it doesn't seem to always pick the actions that have the largest impact... the formula for selecting what gets called the play of the game is rather odd. A Rein nullifying a dva's quad+ kill with her ult gets beaten out by a couple headshots?

That Genji that somehow managed to turn a Pharah ult around with his reflect overshadowed by, well, sadly.. someone pray and spraying trash damage.

Any healer basically acting something sort of like Zeny's Transcendence for the duration of a match.. never shows up if someone actually gets a kill.