Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Can we stack those token for a future Battle net balance ?
    That could explain something.
    That is what the datamined strings are suggesting.
    Hence the increased prices from them being hoarded.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Since all functions are hidden from the player, and since players cannot set their own price, there's a good chance this isn't what's going on behind the scenes at all.
    Why can't it be what blizzard actually said ?
    It actually makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Well you just answered your own question. If Blizzard was just setting the price to whatever would make them money, we would not have had a year and a half of prices so low that you could trivially play for free without dedicating any effort whatsoever to making gold, just doing a few garrison chores and then a few order hall missions each day.
    Very much this.
    Intentionally ignoring that not convenient for your argument does not make it true.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-30 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is what the datamined strings are suggesting.
    Hence the increased prices from them being hoarded.
    Unless they changed something (edit: just checked, still can't carry more then 10) you can't really horde them, you can only keep 10 tokens in your bag across your account (all factions, all toons, all servers). There was a limit for how much future game time you could buy to but I can't remember what it was now but it was like a year or year and a half.
    Last edited by looorg; 2016-11-30 at 11:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to how expensive they were on europe BEFORE legion launch. They're now around 100k here.

That aside, the reason why their prices shot up is because it was mentioned that soontm the tokens could be used for other paid wow services (or MAYBE even traded in for battle.net cash to buy other games from). Demand has gone up, but supply has not, so prices shoot up a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Unless they changed something (edit: just checked, still can't carry more then 10) you can't really horde them, you can only keep 10 tokens in your bag across your account (all factions, all toons, all servers). There was a limit for how much future game time you could buy to but I can't remember what it was now but it was like a year or year and a half.
    Still 10 tokens players did not have reason to buy before.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

58k right now. Just bought one to see if the game is better since 7.0 (legion launch)

What was the highest they got during the WoD dry up? Low to mid 70's on the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    What was the highest they got during the WoD dry up? Low to mid 70's on the US?
    never got up to more than 50k before heck I don't think they hit 40k

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    never got up to more than 50k before heck I don't think they hit 40k
    you can see the entire history at wowtoken.info and they hit the high 40s in the wod lull

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    99,800g right now on Daggerspine EU
    it's region wide

You can find an up-to-date list of the price across all regions here: https://wowtoken.info/ it's crazy how different the prices are...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Why on earth is the token getting so pricy now?

An item with a set value of 30kg is now worth double, 60kg isn't even worth 30 days of play time.

http://puu.sh/syR47/1a86173962.jpg
    Sooooo cheap.. If true, I'm tempted do to buy a bunch..

EDIT: Nope.. Wowtoken.info says 98K...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    99,800g right now on Daggerspine EU
    It's regionwide... And it's here: www.wowtoken.info

Deleted
    i wish those prices for EU realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    glad i purchased over a years worth when it was at 30k, as much gold as i have id rather spend the $15 than the 60k+
    max u can have at anytime, 36 i bought and used.... so funny...

dont use my gold on anything thought lets see how far i can take it, when they were at 20k a pop.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    EU token over 100k gold.
    Too bad I didn't buy a lot before the WoD inflation.

Anyway I don't take it is worth it for me.
    it takes me 3-4 hours to get 100k gold which would translate to 5 EUR per hour.
    Considering the cost of 1 month is 12 EUR, I would rather spend my gold otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    How are you farming 100k in 4 hours?
    Herbalism and mining usually.
    occasional seed party.

You can also create obliterums which net me about 20k profit in 1/2 hour.
    However my market tends to over saturate on these quickly.

Well, people don't need gold, but they need playtime. So there is more people who buy the tokens for gold, than there is people who buy them for money and sell for gold. It is kinda basic economics.

Also, 60k was the price when Legion launched in EU. Get on our level!

- - - Updated - - -

I earned about 30k/hour by killing plants outside EN, herbing Dream Leaf of them, then milling that stuff. The market kinda died fast though, because too many Youtubers wanted views and subs on their channels. Not sure how much that method earns me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    I've seen so many crap items that get priced for 50k (even blue gear) that I'm not surprised by this. The market in WoW is basically a few people dominating the AH and hoping for people to buy their overpriced blackmailing because they need it or are lazy to get it themselves

herbalism + alchemy level 3 recipes - yes its boring like f... but extremly effective

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Well you just answered your own question. If Blizzard was just setting the price to whatever would make them money, we would not have had a year and a half of prices so low that you could trivially play for free without dedicating any effort whatsoever to making gold, just doing a few garrison chores and then a few order hall missions each day.
    you have it backwards, the token costs real money too and it costs MORE than if you pay monthly sub, so blizz wuold definitely like to see more tokens bought, therefor its in their interest to keep cost lower, so its affordable