Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yeah...didnt all that stuff come later in DS? Only thing i remember from dark souls was the note thing.
    Nope was there day 1 and improved on later in the series.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I read it and other sites reporting on it.

That is what it boils down to, Since they said its procedurally generated they didn't false advertise. I give no fuck's what the ASA has to say even more so since I don't live in the UK.

NMS False Advertised.
    Then you didn't read it - the ASA said it wasn't false advertising because Hello Games demonstrated that everything in the advertisement could be found in the game using their own or third-party videos.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good for them. Still waiting on that promised multiplayer though.
    but there never was promised Multiplayer. Sean always SPECIFICALLY said in every interview that it wasn't Multiplayer like how people expected, you just had a slight chance to see other people. There was nothing promised for things like a Party system or working together etc.

Another instance of people not actually listening, making up their own stories in their heads and yelling nonsense about "promises"

Though I've become used to that kind of idiocy from the online gaming community these days.

Was the game a failure? Yeah. Are half of the things people bitch about ever actually promised? nowhere near close.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    but there never was promised Multiplayer. Sean always SPECIFICALLY said in every interview that it wasn't Multiplayer like how people expected, you just had a slight chance to see other people.
    He said the chances of actually coming across someone in their universe was small, due to the size of it. But he said you could see them and repeatedly implied additional interactivity on top of that.

The problem is people have gone to the exact same place at the same time, and they can't see shit. And last I recall, people dug through the game data and found out that it wasn't transmitting player location data to the server that would even allow for any form of multiplayer.

Again, despite all his "Wwwweeeelllllllllllll..." comments when responding to questions about multiplayer, he confirmed it be in the game each time he was asked.

And there is literally no multiplayer in the game, even in the ways that he hinted at (griefing other players, for example).

So again, he lied through his teeth about a hell of a lot, including multiplayer.

but there never was promised Multiplayer. Sean always SPECIFICALLY said in every interview that it wasn't Multiplayer like how people expected, you just had a slight chance to see other people. There was nothing promised for things like a Party system or working together etc.

Another instance of people not actually listening, making up their own stories in their heads and yelling nonsense about "promises"

Though I've become used to that kind of idiocy from the online gaming community these days.

Was the game a failure? Yeah. Are half of the things people bitch about ever actually promised? nowhere near close.
    You had a slight chance to see other people

The game does not even transmit the player location. Seeing other people is literally impossible in the current game.

Do you not get this?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    The same trailers that are still on there steam page, Unless Valve made them remove them with there new rules about trailers.
    Nothing about NMS store page violates steams new rules. Don't buy into the false claims that Valve did it because of the NMS problems. DOTA violated the rules of what they want. The rules were changed because of how screenshots are used in their updated store discovery system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The game does not even transmit the player location. Seeing other people is literally impossible in the current game.
    In the current game you can see the presence of players. As one of the things you can craft is basically a sign that you can leave messages for others to find. So while you can't currently see other players you can see things they leave. Which is likely the foundation for expanding on that system.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Nothing about NMS store page violates steams new rules. Don't buy into the false claims that Valve did it because of the NMS problems. DOTA violated the rules of what they want. The rules were changed because of how screenshots are used in their updated store discovery system

- - - Updated - - -

In the current game you can see the presence of players. As one of the things you can craft is basically a sign that you can leave messages for others to find. So while you can't currently see other players you can see things they leave. Which is likely the foundation for expanding on that system.
    The goalpost is over there --->

Murrays lamented interviews answers were not about leaving text signs. They were about meeting actual players. Something he claimed was possible while in reality it is impossible.
    No if's or but's about it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So again, he lied through his teeth about a hell of a lot, including multiplayer.
    To be fair though the "pre-launch" blog post didn't include mention of non-traditional multiplayer in the developer description of NMS. While they could have likely clarified it sooner it could have also been something that they cut late into the game. In development interviews are always subject to change and can't really be considered lies unless you have proof of their development builds that never at all included it at the time those comments were made.

The foundation update contains the basis for "non-traditional" multiplayer because HG stated that "Communications Terminals allow explorers to leave sub-space messages for others to find". We don't know what part of that code was in prior to launch and had to be cut for whatever reason but it does mean they are starting to add that "non-traditional" multiplayer even if it is baby steps.

- - - Updated - - -

The goalpost is over there --->
    I didn't move any goal posts. As I said, if you actually read my posts, I said that you can't currently see players but they are adding in the foundations for getting there. The game as it currently is allows communication between players. The question remains with how real time that communication is and requires two players to find each other and test it out. No easy feat right now even more so with the reduced player count.

The current game closer to the comments that every keeps taking as set in stone. In development though is never set in stone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Why shouldn't a survival achievement reset upon death? You didn't survive, that's the point.
    Death perhaps. But leaving the planet shouldn't reset it, which it apparently no longer does. The achievement was tied to one planet where you could previously never leave the atmosphere or it would reset your count. Not a great achievement considering the game encourages you to move on rather then stay on one planet for a lot of hours.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

To be fair though the "pre-launch" blog post didn't include mention of non-traditional multiplayer in the developer description of NMS.
    What do you mean "to be fair". So what? It was confirmed by Sean in interview after interview after interview. Fucking hell, the man confirmed it on Colbert's bloody late night show for fucks sake, saying the only way to tell what you looked like would to be for you to encounter another player and have them tell you. Yes, he said the chances of coming across another player in the game were "astronomically low" (or similar phrases), but it has already happened and...you can't see other people.

Most folks would pretty easily call that a lie.

While they could have likely clarified it sooner it could have also been something that they cut late into the game.
    Again, it was confirmed by Sean again and again in the months leading up to launch.

You don't cut a major feature like multiplayer and then not tell anyone. That too, is what's called lying.

In development interviews are always subject to change and can't really be considered lies unless you have proof of their development builds that never at all included it at the time those comments were made.
    Yes, they can be considered lies. If the developer never came out and provided corrections to comments they'd made due to plans changing, then they lied.

"Our game has multiplayer!"
    *multiplayer gets cut before launch but the developer doesn't tell anyone*
    "It's alright, things change! It's not like they either flat out lied or lied by omitting to mention that a key feature that they were constantly asked about and had confirmed was in the game each time was quietly cut and wouldn't make it into the launch version!"

Seriously, how the fuck are people still pretending like Hello Games didn't lie through their teeth on this game?

Seriously, how the fuck are people still pretending like Hello Games didn't lie through their teeth on this game?
    Sadly these people are the majority of gamers. They are the reason so many company's get away with shit.

Bottom line is this, If you (As in people, not you edge ) support HG/NMS and defend this bullshit then you also support the bullshit EA,Activision,Ubisoft and other company's do.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-01 at 01:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I find it amusing that people are defending this to be honest. Blatant evidence of them lying but apparently video evidence means it's not true. Alright then.

- - - Updated - - -

Edge you've been in other forums. This is basically the same shit. People thinking getting what is basically a pile of trash is ok although this time the denial is way stronger.

I find it amusing that people are defending this to be honest. Blatant evidence of them lying but apparently video evidence means it's not true. Alright then.
    The same people have and would shit all over EA and other company's if they did what HG did.

The same people have and would shit all over EA and other company's if they did what HG did.
    Yep. Irony and hypocrisy is strong in some people these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most folks would pretty easily call that a lie.
    So you have proof that it was a lie at the time? Or only that it was a lie when compared to the launch version? That is what I am saying and why I said to be fair because his launch day statement on what the game is didn't included any mentions of multiplayer.

You don't cut a major feature like multiplayer and then not tell anyone. That too, is what's called lying.
    No that isn't lying. It is being a jerk but not telling anyone you cut something doesn't make it a lie if it was true when you made the original claims. If you say you have $100 then spend $20 of it does that make you a liar for saying you had $100? There has never been any proof that Sean Murray (or anyone from HG) lied about a form of multiplayer being in some versions of the game.

Provide proof that at the time those comments were made that NMS had no multiplayer functions at all? Are you privy to the coding branches? No you are not. Hello Games definitely botched the details, marketing, and launch of NMS. But that doesn't automatically make Sean Murray a liar if the game actually had those elements in a development build when he made them. Or that they planned on still finishing it in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It’s called denial, quite common in this kind of situation, I guess people just feel the need to defend this kind of shitty practice because they enjoy the game despite everything.
    I'm not defending a shitty practice. I'm calling something what it is. Just because they botched things doesn't make what they did an actual lie. Perhaps if all of these haters would provide actual proof of a lie this discussion would actually move forward. But I guess some people just can't see past hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. If you have proof that it is a lie then provide it showing that no development build of NMS had multiplayer functions in the code? You can't. You don't know it is a lie but are acting is if it a 100% verifiable and irrefutable fact. Call it what it is but don't call it something its not just because they screwed up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You had a slight chance to see other people

Do you not get this?
    I get it, I just don't care about the people crying as if they promised fully fleshed out Multiplayer. Since it was never promised that it was Multiplayer. having the chance to randomly see someone isn't Multiplayer.

Basically anyone that bought No Mans Sky expecting Multiplayer beyond "oh hey I saw someone" is not very smart.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-12-01 at 03:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Irony and hypocrisy is strong in some people these days.
    You mean like someone saying their is blatant evidence they lied, with out providing it? The burden of proof is on you now to show that NMS has never had the multiplayer portion that they referred to while the game was still in development.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/w...n-no-mans-sky/
    Here is what No Man’s Sky definitely is:

Exploring a universe of pretty procedurally generated worlds, with beautiful creatures
    Trading with NPCs
    Combat against robots/mechs and cool space battles
    Survival/crafting in a universe sized sandbox
    An awesome procedural soundtrack from my genuine favourite band (check the NMS album out here)
    For one small moment, you might feel like you’ve stepped into a sci-fi book cover

That means this maybe isn’t the game you *imagined* from those trailers. If you hoped for things like pvp multiplayer or city building, piloting freighters, or building civilisations… that isn’t what NMS is. Over time it might become some of those things through updates.

At launch though, it’s an infinite procedural sci-fi-space-survival-sandbox unlike anything you have ever played before. If you decide to play it, you’ll see just how closely it plays to those trailers, and to our original vision. It’s a weird game, it’s a niche game and it’s a very very chill game.
    The only mention of multiplayer is to state that PvP multiplayer is not part of the game. It doesn't even mention multiplayer in what the game definitly is. And that it plays close to what the trailers show but not exactly to what the trailers and interviews show. It all boils down to discussing a product while it is still in development and people not being able to distance themselves from hype and in-development comments when things change while in development. Hello games is not the first to not notify people of changes during development. The very company that got this site on the map, Blizzard, has and still does fail to notify on some changes until the changes are released.

S
    Okay. If you have proof that it is a lie then provide it showing that no development build of NMS had multiplayer functions in the code? You can't. You don't know it is a lie but are acting is if it a 100% verifiable and irrefutable fact. Call it what it is but don't call it something its not just because they screwed up.
    So if you order a Chocolate Wedding cake and I tell you that you will get it, Only to then send you a vanilla wedding cake its ok and I didn't lie because originally it was going to be chocolate but I ran out of chocolate.

Do you not know what the word lying means.
    to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive. Synonyms: prevaricate, fib. 6. to express what is false; convey a false impression. verb (used with object), lied, lying.
    He said there was multiplayer and the only way to see what you look like is if someone saw you via the multiplayer.

The game released WITHOUT multiplayer. That is lying to your community about your product. He was asked this over and over and gave the same dam answer each time. All the way up to the last couple months before release. If it was there it would not be scrapped 60 days before release.

People like you have and would shit all over EA or any other big company if they did this. But yet here you are defending this indie team for whatever unknown reason.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-01 at 03:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there base building/freighters in normal mode or is that restricted to creative mode?
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

that it was Multiplayer. having the chance to randomly see someone isn't Multiplayer.
    So what do you call a game that lets you see other players face to face and yet isn't Multiplayer.....

Do you not know what the meaning of the word Multiplayer is?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Edited: Also let me just throw this here ~ http://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-data-m...uff-1785302482
    Roflmao.....

The monkey pic is priceless and fitting.