Mythic Cenarius Logs Analysis

Hey everyone,

We are taking a stab at Mythic Cenarius and doing so again tonight. We are 2 tanking and 4 healing with a blood dk to immune the Nightmare blast debuff and a feral kitty to taunt adds to main cenarius tank. We are doing the burn strat and pushing the boss prior to 2:45

We have 3 paladins in the raid and plan to utilize BOPs. Our spear soak rotation is:
    1. Bop the main tank
    2. Bop the feral druid
    3. main tank pops major CDs (IBF, blood mirror, rune tap and armor pot)
    4. Ret paladin personal bubble taunt
    5. other pally only if necessary personal bubble taunt

On these attempts both spears were hitting the main tank and wiping us because feral was not aware he had to have threat when spear cast started. That has been fixed. I am just looking for other tips or things that people notice while looking at the logs.

Few questions:
    1. worth 3 tanking over 2?
    2. add a healer instead of another tank?
    3. spriests surrending at the right time?
    4. anything else?

Link to logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...c#type=summary

Thanks!

Shouldn't you be 3 tanking it anyway to outrange the dragon breaths and not have to deal with them at all?
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Deleted
    The answer to most of your questions is "if you have the dps to push then yes". Your feral druid strat seems to be working and if you say you have spears sorted then u shouldn't need a 3rd tank. If you think you can push with 1 less dps then obviously adding an extra healer would smooth things out.

Looking at the logs, most deaths are to bramble so you just need people to get used to it, spread better etc. A small tip I can give u is to try have your hpala help with raid healing between breaths. It's tricky, as you need to know exactly when you need to move and your dragon tank needs to be able to survive a few seconds without the paladin there. If done correctly tho, it will make the wisp into sister combo smoother (which is where most people die).

I wouldn't worry too much tho, you're getting into p3 so basically you just need to sort the spears and make it there with everyone alive.

Quote Originally Posted by bhcmoney View Post
    1. worth 3 tanking over 2?
    2. add a healer instead of another tank?
    Generally I'm under the impression it is worth 3-tanking it. To give some context, my guild did the first Cenarius kill with 2 sister wave tactic. Today we decided to try 1 sister tactic because it's considered easier. It kinda was, we did it with 3 tanks and 5 healers so definitely with current ilvls floating around you should have some spare damage output if you decide to 4 heal it. It's pretty common to 4 heal a burn strat.

We tried 1 attempt with bringing the sister to the boss to cleave it, that actually went worse than tanking her away so she doesn't get thorns. The trick was to divide dps in the most efficient manner for example leaving majority of melee on the boss so they don't have to deal with adds.

However if you generally made your tactic work already it might be better to not change anything until you get a kill because it creates confusion when people have to learn a different strat. I also don't know do you have a good 3rd tank or 5th healer at hand, therefore can't 100% say if it's worth adding it because I don't know the tradeoff involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    Looking at the logs, most deaths are to bramble so you just need people to get used to it, spread better etc.
    Not sure if you can check this in logs and how, but generally speaking this fight is also about finding efficient ways to clear brambles. It's a slight dps loss from the person doing it, but leaves more space for everyone else. Rogues, ret palas and hunter can do it well, palas can use bubble for brambles and bop for spear in p3. Also remember if someone gets trapped in brambles he can call it out, except usual healer dispel a dps pala can freedom him or a dps monk can tiger lust. Druids can shift out of it and hunters can disengage with posthaste talent.

However since some tries you had were as low as 17% it's just now about rotating cooldowns and not getting trapped in walls / brambles in p3. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Shouldn't you be 3 tanking it anyway to outrange the dragon breaths and not have to deal with them at all?
    we are doing this. We have a guardian in the corner tanking all the drakes